IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.0.0 & Patch (New Exp coming 202

Post by irontusk341 »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:
As for the graphics in vulkan.. i havent tested this mod with Vulkan rendering, it still uses Open GL.
Fair play, but Gzdoom runs horribly on modern AMD cards WITHOUT Vulkan. I mean this mod is pretty beastly on its own, I keep getting stutter, which is fine, but if I used OpenGl it would lag to about 15 fps, and I have a damn good rig.

Other than that, I was having a decent time, and you even made me redownload the 2d version of Diablo.

And about the patch, yeah I can see why that would work, fair play to ya
Proper patronage to blizzard for inspiring to play the original will be music to their ears. Since the next update to this mod is coming in 2020. It should cover alot of performance issues, WOC bugs, and a lot of new content.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Can we use WoCv3 in D3D now?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:Can we use WoCv3 in D3D now?
in theory it can work... with some glitches and some non gamebreaking bugs... yes.

im working on it making it fully compatible...
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

irontusk341 wrote:
anjinsanroland wrote:Can we use WoCv3 in D3D now?
in theory it can work... with some glitches and some non gamebreaking bugs... yes.

im working on it making it fully compatible...
Ah, thanks. If I don't have to wait for 2020 Spring for WoCv3 compatibility then I think I can stay a while and listen to the updates.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

irontusk341 wrote:Coming to the new expansion in the spring is new bosses. These terrifying demons and servants are straight out of the horadrim lore. Lucion: Son of Mephisto, is slated to be the final boss in the expansion, Malic makes an appearance as the defacto leader of the Triune while Lucion prepares to let Belial and Azmodan onto sanctuary in secret, he can project his radiant specter across many. Making very hard to kill. Liliths appearance in the über Tristram level will be changed to the aspect of Lilith.
Take note, due to recent Diablo 4 news, alot of plans for the new Diablo 3D expansion coming in 2020 have been changed as to not infringe on any potential content to diablo 4...

Currently any future Diablo 3D expansions will now be purely fan fiction and not related to Diablo 3 or 4.

Here is what is also coming in spring 2020..... RUNES!!!!

New Diablo 2 Runes will replace Magic Apples in the game, (magic apples gave permanent player stats) some Runes will too, the rarer the rune, the better the bonus. I will include a guide on which rune gives what boost.. and these runes will only drop by monsters, and they will rarely drop, they can possibly be found in chests.. Bosses and mini bosses/elites will give better chance for rune drops. All of this coming in 2020.

8 New levels coming in 2020... (Channeling Diablo Lore)

pictured are 4 new map titles and the a sample of runes...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Stay tuned for more updates.
Attachments
runes.jpg
2020.jpg
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

That moment you remember G Rush for Hellforge Runs... hoping for high runes....

GEMS and Skulls are coming to Diablo 3D as well... Each Gem has a unique perm Ability Aura's like (holy lightning Aura, Holy Freeze Aura, Holy Fire Aura, Etc.

EDIT 1/9/2020: This will now be the LARGEST Expansion by Content to date. Adding Hours of gameplay, new items, monsters, bosses, secret areas, etc.
Attachments
e24.jpg
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Hey there!

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but there are quite a few things going on here that might be wise to address.

There are a very large number of .wad files that are pasted into .pk3 compressed files. It might be wise to consider placing the sprites into their own "Sprites" folder under a name such as "BatMonster" or whatever you want to name them, and completely delete the accompanying DECORATE file if you intend to rewrite the monster and projectiles.

The whole multiple .pk3 thing is pretty confusing and messy. If I were you, I'd make it less challenging to the end user and try to combine everything into a single .pk3 file.

Directly copying large amounts of hexen resources into a heretic mod is a questionable practice, maybe just try to target exactly what resources you need.

Including the heretic iwad for download including all resources and changing only the maps and the name of the file is probably a really bad idea. You can get in legal trouble for that. (The TITLE and CREDIT graphic still contains the Heretic Logo and Raven software trademarks)

This seems to be meant to be some sort of either heretic or hexen TC / mod, rather than a standalone game, as it is making use of resources from the aforementioned commercial games, probably best not to attempt iwad stuff in this situation.

The credits for this are pretty extensive and they are not really where I'd expect them to be... others I know took a look and just noped out of even trying to find anything. Probably best to display credits in a text file outside the pk3, or if you can combine all of this stuff (after cleaning out unnecessary stuff) into a single pk3, the credits will be easier to find.

Sry if it looks like I'm nagging, someone just posted the trailer for this on my server and I am just trying to help out!
Let me know if there's something else I could do to help.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Hey there!

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but there are quite a few things going on here that might be wise to address.

There are a very large number of .wad files that are pasted into .pk3 compressed files. It might be wise to consider placing the sprites into their own "Sprites" folder under a name such as "BatMonster" or whatever you want to name them, and completely delete the accompanying DECORATE file if you intend to rewrite the monster and projectiles.

The whole multiple .pk3 thing is pretty confusing and messy. If I were you, I'd make it less challenging to the end user and try to combine everything into a single .pk3 file.
The issue with that is the Textures associated with the diablo.wad file become unknown textures if they are moved into the diablo.pk3 folder, i tried that once and while i sympathize on that regard, i cant get it to work that way like i want it too, so its currently in its format, thats why theres a Batch file that comes with the mod that loads that all for you. Besides some users prefer them separate because they dont want the 4K texture pack due to using lower spec systems so i keep it separate for them, and i could just load patches on the fly with individual files, instead of loading them all into a single pk3 every time theres a patch, this is helpful for people with slower download speeds.. Now I have been able to combine that music into the Diablo.pk3 file after studying how pk3's of other mods work. As for the wads inside the Pk3 file, it might work to combine them all but it would take a ton of time, which i currently dont have, to reorganize it due to working 2 jobs. thats why the release date for the expansion is all the way in the spring... I apologize if i cant do more.. If someone volunteers to help repack them in a certain order, then they are welcome to try, but... it would be a lot of work, and it would just be less time consuming to load the batch file.
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Directly copying large amounts of hexen resources into a heretic mod is a questionable practice, maybe just try to target exactly what resources you need Including the heretic iwad for download including all resources and changing only the maps and the name of the file is probably a really bad idea. You can get in legal trouble for that. (The TITLE and CREDIT graphic still contains the Heretic Logo and Raven software trademarks) This seems to be meant to be some sort of either heretic or hexen TC / mod, rather than a standalone game, as it is making use of resources from the aforementioned commercial games, probably best not to attempt iwad stuff in this situation.
im not sure what exactly is going on there, or what or how it happened on that one... i do know that Raven software is owned by Activision Blizzard who also owns the Diablo Series if thats what your asking... So i'd look into that.
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:The credits for this are pretty extensive and they are not really where I'd expect them to be... others I know took a look and just noped out of even trying to find anything. Probably best to display credits in a text file outside the pk3, or if you can combine all of this stuff (after cleaning out unnecessary stuff) into a single pk3, the credits will be easier to find.

I Could do that, but i figured, that since the Credits section is there, might as well use it. But i could also put it all on a Text file in the pack as well...
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Sry if it looks like I'm nagging, someone just posted the trailer for this on my server and I am just trying to help out!
Let me know if there's something else I could do to help.
Trust me you werent naggy, i've dealt with worse, trust me... I've been trying to be as accommodating as i can, and as time passes and i learn new things, it makes accommodating much easier.. I hope that helps.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

irontusk341 wrote: The issue with that is the Textures associated with the diablo.wad file become unknown textures if they are moved into the diablo.pk3 folder, i tried that once and while i sympathize on that regard, i cant get it to work that way like i want it too, so its currently in its format, thats why theres a Batch file that comes with the mod that loads that all for you.
irontusk341 wrote:im not sure what exactly is going on there, or what or how it happened on that one... i do know that Raven software is owned by Activision Blizzard who also owns the Diablo Series if thats what your asking... So i'd look into that.
Just to be clear, this doesn't really bother me directly. Just making you aware that repackaging all the heretic resources (or even just all heretic textures unchanged) with only the maps changed and letting people download it for free and play without needing to pay for Heretic is illegal.

If Raven is owned by Activision/Blizzard I'd be doubly careful of what's going on here

(Just to be clear, I mean no harm and have no desire to cause any trouble, this is just some friendly cautionary advice from one developer to another. If people have to pay for heretic to play with heretic resources, Raven won't care, but if you let people use the resources without paying, they might get angry.)
irontusk341 wrote:Besides some users prefer them separate because they dont want the 4K texture pack due to using lower spec systems so i keep it separate for them, and i could just load patches on the fly with individual files, instead of loading them all into a single pk3 every time theres a patch, this is helpful for people with slower download speeds.. Now I have been able to combine that music into the Diablo.pk3 file after studying how pk3's of other mods work. As for the wads inside the Pk3 file, it might work to combine them all but it would take a ton of time, which i currently dont have, to reorganize it due to working 2 jobs. thats why the release date for the expansion is all the way in the spring... I apologize if i cant do more.. If someone volunteers to help repack them in a certain order, then they are welcome to try, but... it would be a lot of work, and it would just be less time consuming to load the batch file.
I understand things things can be tough, I'm a full time college student and have a day job as a computer networking technician for a local shop. Cleaning things up to be in good order is hard work, but it can be done. I've used a few monster and decoration files from realm667 and done exactly as I suggested in my above post in my own mod, as well as producing new sprites and new animations for the monsters and creating some brand new monster / weapon art of my own, particle effects, sounds, and original maps.

If you wanna make a 4k texture pack, that could always be an addon (mutator) specifically for your mod, or, if you wanna include the 4k textures in the main mod, there's a fancy ACS trick you can use to allow players to flip a switch in the menu, and choose whether to use 4k textures or not.
(though the same amount of ram would be demanded by the game at load time, regardless of what the switch says)

All the other addons seems like a lot of baggage to force the end user to manage, just my two cents. Not saying to get rid of it all, just saying refine it use only what you need, and compile it into a less fiddly package, preferably one or two .pk3 files.
(It makes this feel like that "Complex Doom Cluster...thing" for zandronum. Again, this is just a recommendation of what I would do as a modder.)
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

At this time, The only thing I can really do in the meantime later today when I get home from work is pull the files from the current version off media fire until the expansion is released. Which will contain all the proper files that should be there.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Do what works
You can just take the maps and put them temporarily into a .wad file until you get the time to move them to a maps folder in a .pk3, which is a little more effort.
If this is then all loaded with heretic as the iwad it should behave properly.
If there are any missing textures in any map, the missing texture name gets printed to the console to help you locate it and include it.

Hope this helps.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Well, looks like I have to wait the expansion released since I forgot download the latest 4.0/4.3...
(My copy still in 3.1 or 3.2)

Goddamnit. :(
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

PlayerLin wrote:Well, looks like I have to wait the expansion released since I forgot download the latest 4.0/4.3...
(My copy still in 3.1 or 3.2)

Goddamnit. :(
Well you are in luck because i released the expansion early... Check the first page for them... And it does require Heretic to play, if you dont have it, it wont load. i made sure of that. :wink:

If theres any bugs or glitches.. let me know. Enjoy!
Chris Moyer

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.0 NEW EXPANSION OUT NOW!

Post by Chris Moyer »

This looks really good. I will let you know when I try it out!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.0 NEW EXPANSION OUT NOW!

Post by PlayerLin »

Oh great, I already downloaded and will try the game(and finding problems) when I have spare time...if I really have spare time for Diablo3D when I have Real-Life(TM) and shitload of games to play... :3:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”