IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.5(Exp PATCH)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby anjinsanroland » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:20 am

With normal xp multiplier, player is already swimming in stats.
My current experiment is Necro/Inferno/0.10xp is enjoyable so far.
That way skills come in rewarding periods and stats don't fall behind thanks to colored apples. But bloodshards and such that give +10-15 are powerful enough I think having a couple of extra orbs that give +intellect is overkill.

Getting an optimal xp cut is the way for me. Otherwise everyting becomes epic level so fast that there remains no balance and after a while you feel sorry for the poor monsters and powerful monsters just level you up faster.

With that much gold and power, there can be no unique monster that can stop you. You can always use an icon of defender. If the general progress remains challenging and rewarding than the game won't become stale. Your Heretic mappack mod was like that as far as first three maps went. I don't know later maps, I switched to diablo after that. There, your xp gain was a fraction of what you have in diablo, so it seems diablo is optimized for only the first act.

If a player will play through all the acts, then character progression should be divided and distributed accordingly, not by improving the progress after epic levels, but by stretching it across the whole game, because Wrath of Cronos cannot handle very high levels. It is most enjoyable in the first 40 levels. After that you already feel powerful. Nearing level 100 you feel epic. And beginning by 120-140 you feel ridiculous.

Please consider the original Hexen game and also its expansion. Both were over by the time you hit level 40.
I will try to find and share optimal xp multipliers. I think that will solve all the problems and you won't have to change the mod.

You also have all the data in your hands. You can approximate total xp gain for all the acts for different difficulty levels and for varying wisdom stats. Then by calculating level up requirements you can show endgame character levels for varying xp multipliers. That way people choose their challenge & reward & enjoyment and try at their own leisure. If enough people share their experience and a consensus is reached, then you can integrate this flavor of options into the game by a whole new difficulty selection screen. At that time your game becomes a closed system with enough options from the beginning for all kinds of players with no need to tweak WoC options.
anjinsanroland
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2019
Github ID: Armagan

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:50 am

anjinsanroland wrote:With normal xp multiplier, player is already swimming in stats.
My current experiment is Necro/Inferno/0.10xp is enjoyable so far.
That way skills come in rewarding periods and stats don't fall behind thanks to colored apples. But bloodshards and such that give +10-15 are powerful enough I think having a couple of extra orbs that give +intellect is overkill.

Getting an optimal xp cut is the way for me. Otherwise everyting becomes epic level so fast that there remains no balance and after a while you feel sorry for the poor monsters and powerful monsters just level you up faster.

With that much gold and power, there can be no unique monster that can stop you. You can always use an icon of defender. If the general progress remains challenging and rewarding than the game won't become stale. Your Heretic mappack mod was like that as far as first three maps went. I don't know later maps, I switched to diablo after that. There, your xp gain was a fraction of what you have in diablo, so it seems diablo is optimized for only the first act.

If a player will play through all the acts, then character progression should be divided and distributed accordingly, not by improving the progress after epic levels, but by stretching it across the whole game, because Wrath of Cronos cannot handle very high levels. It is most enjoyable in the first 40 levels. After that you already feel powerful. Nearing level 100 you feel epic. And beginning by 120-140 you feel ridiculous.

Please consider the original Hexen game and also its expansion. Both were over by the time you hit level 40.
I will try to find and share optimal xp multipliers. I think that will solve all the problems and you won't have to change the mod.

You also have all the data in your hands. You can approximate total xp gain for all the acts for different difficulty levels and for varying wisdom stats. Then by calculating level up requirements you can show endgame character levels for varying xp multipliers. That way people choose their challenge & reward & enjoyment and try at their own leisure. If enough people share their experience and a consensus is reached, then you can integrate this flavor of options into the game by a whole new difficulty selection screen. At that time your game becomes a closed system with enough options from the beginning for all kinds of players with no need to tweak WoC options.


I may decrease the drop rate of Icon of The Defender i am also decreasing the XP multiplier from 2 to 1 and increasing the Maximum Level you can possibly gain to 900(These settings can be changed in the WOC options). but still keep the Essence by hidden unique monster drops and instead of +50 intellect, its gonna be +20 Intellect, +100 Gold, +1 Constitution +1 Strength.
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby anjinsanroland » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 am

You have done an incredible job. Your mod has so much replayability.

What I meant in my previous posts was not about a one kind of gaming experience. With WoC's xp multiplier, both kind of players, players who want to play at epic levels and those who want to savor the lower level character progress have options for different tastes. I don't think you need to change the xp multiplier. In my completely personal opinion, what Diablo 3D needs is a set of difficulty&xpMultiplier combinations for different tastes. Players enjoying the game can easily contribute by trying and sharing their most fun combinations. That leaves you room to focus on other content at your heart's desire. And then, at a later time you can integrate the most popular set of combinations as difficulty selections.

I apologize if I sound insistent. But I just want this to reach a wider audience. Just as WoC holds massive potential over Doom/Heretic/Hexen maps, Diablo 3D also holds potential over WoC.

Best wishes
anjinsanroland
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2019
Github ID: Armagan

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:13 am

anjinsanroland wrote:You have done an incredible job. Your mod has so much replayability.

What I meant in my previous posts was not about a one kind of gaming experience. With WoC's xp multiplier, both kind of players, players who want to play at epic levels and those who want to savor the lower level character progress have options for different tastes. I don't think you need to change the xp multiplier. In my completely personal opinion, what Diablo 3D needs is a set of difficulty&xpMultiplier combinations for different tastes. Players enjoying the game can easily contribute by trying and sharing their most fun combinations. That leaves you room to focus on other content at your heart's desire. And then, at a later time you can integrate the most popular set of combinations as difficulty selections.

I apologize if I sound insistent. But I just want this to reach a wider audience. Just as WoC holds massive potential over Doom/Heretic/Hexen maps, Diablo 3D also holds potential over WoC.

Best wishes


Thanks... i decreased the XP multiplier down to 1. i tried putting 0.2 but when launching the game you get "Integer expected, got 0.2" So what i did was change the factor of 10 to factor of 5, and set the xp multiplier down to 1... this way the XP you gain will be almost a quarter of what you used to gain in previous versions.

though one thing i would love to do is allow in game monster display text and pickups to display different languages..

Curious question for the Dev's... How do you make the mod display in different languages without creating extra Diablo.pk3 files in different languages? Is there a setting in Gzdoom itself to do that? (and not just the menu language, but in game text, like displaying "Du hab eine Timons Axe" instead of "You have Timons Axe"
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Mod has been updated to Version 4.2

See the Patch Notes for changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby csiga77 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello,

I have a serious FPS problem on gzdoom, but only since the end of act4, including the map where you kill the second diablo. It was the worse, but act5 is something like 2-5 FPS. It doesn't use the CPU, only ~50% of one core, and the GPU usage is under 20%. Maybe I miss something in the settings, I don't know, but before these maps it was more than OK. I already switched from NORMAL to LITE version. None other mods do that, I have at least 50. It is a core2 duo with an old 9800GT. Old config, but never had any problem running gzdoom, minecraft or Q4 etc on ~100 FPS.

If anyone knows the problem and have any tips, I would preciate that. Thanks in advance.
csiga77
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2018

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:50 pm

csiga77 wrote:Hello,

I have a serious FPS problem on gzdoom, but only since the end of act4, including the map where you kill the second diablo. It was the worse, but act5 is something like 2-5 FPS. It doesn't use the CPU, only ~50% of one core, and the GPU usage is under 20%. Maybe I miss something in the settings, I don't know, but before these maps it was more than OK. I already switched from NORMAL to LITE version. None other mods do that, I have at least 50. It is a core2 duo with an old 9800GT. Old config, but never had any problem running gzdoom, minecraft or Q4 etc on ~100 FPS.

If anyone knows the problem and have any tips, I would preciate that. Thanks in advance.


Check your settings under display - texture - and make sure HQ resize mode is off, and multiplier is off... also check in display settings if multisampling is off.. Also the batch file runs the default graphics card so if you have two cards like most people, the batch file would choose the one that windows uses, usually intel or AMD chipsets. why? windows 10 is the bane of my existence.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby csiga77 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:03 pm

irontusk341 wrote:
Check your settings under display - texture - and make sure HQ resize mode is off, and multiplier is off... also check in display settings if multisampling is off.. Also the batch file runs the default graphics card so if you have two cards like most people, the batch file would choose the one that windows uses, usually intel or AMD chipsets. why? windows 10 is the bane of my existence.


Thanks for the reply, I checked all the setting you mentioned, I set all this settings as low as possible earlier. The card issue is off the table too: it is a no-vga motherboard with a physical NV card. And if gzd doesn't use the card anyway, there is the question about not using the CPU either. I started a new game to try it, it uses most of the CPU and the half of the GPU, and renders 100+ FPS, so the problem only arises when I get to the mentioned point in the game. (Half GPU is ok, gzd will never use some GPU features). By the way this is a linux64 system, i tried on win7 too - it is a bit worse - as win eats hardware, linux not.
csiga77
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2018

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

csiga77 wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:
Check your settings under display - texture - and make sure HQ resize mode is off, and multiplier is off... also check in display settings if multisampling is off.. Also the batch file runs the default graphics card so if you have two cards like most people, the batch file would choose the one that windows uses, usually intel or AMD chipsets. why? windows 10 is the bane of my existence.


Thanks for the reply, I checked all the setting you mentioned, I set all this settings as low as possible earlier. The card issue is off the table too: it is a no-vga motherboard with a physical NV card. And if gzd doesn't use the card anyway, there is the question about not using the CPU either. I started a new game to try it, it uses most of the CPU and the half of the GPU, and renders 100+ FPS, so the problem only arises when I get to the mentioned point in the game. (Half GPU is ok, gzd will never use some GPU features). By the way this is a linux64 system, i tried on win7 too - it is a bit worse - as win eats hardware, linux not.


to be honest im not familiar with linux. Is there no way to utilize both CPU's in a task manager type program?

on the subject of the game, i am working on another patch that i found.. Nothing game breaking... just some minor nuisances. On the subject someone brought to me, about weapon switching back to melee weapons, i may need help with that... i cant figure out why its not willing to switch unless you run out of ammo.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.2: Expansion + Patch

Postby csiga77 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 pm

irontusk341 wrote:to be honest im not familiar with linux. Is there no way to utilize both CPU's in a task manager type program?

on the subject of the game, i am working on another patch that i found.. Nothing game breaking... just some minor nuisances. On the subject someone brought to me, about weapon switching back to melee weapons, i may need help with that... i cant figure out why its not willing to switch unless you run out of ammo.


I had this issue, but with the necro class it is really not bothering. 1st weapon doesn't even light up on the HUD, others do when you get them. Can it be related to this simple thing? I id some Q1 modding and some QC, 20 years back... Without digging deep at first, i would point out that hexen was the first when classes was implemented, and by default in the modern engine we use/bind impulse commands to change weapons, which I don't know how works with different classes. (It may be related to the bug where respawning changes class (to fighter?)).

We can dig in in pm, as for first look I really can't even imagine what is where in the pack. Not that it looks messy, I'm just out of shape :)

For the linux question, core usage simply depends on the software, never had problem with it. Never had to set it. Gzdoom will never use strongly multiple cores, as someone pointed out on the forum that there is no way because of the original design of the engine. Some parts do like sound, but not much. In my case in act5, it doesn't even use one, but one half. It waits for something or...whatthe.
csiga77
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2018

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby anjinsanroland » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:36 am

irontusk341 wrote:the XP you gain will be almost a quarter of what you used to gain in previous versions

as far as 1st level skeletons and zombies go, xp gains in 4.1 and 4.2 versions are the same.
Also I didnt have the chance to see if new weapons still hurt the pets.
anjinsanroland
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2019
Github ID: Armagan

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:51 am

anjinsanroland wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:the XP you gain will be almost a quarter of what you used to gain in previous versions

as far as 1st level skeletons and zombies go, xp gains in 4.1 and 4.2 versions are the same.
Also I didnt have the chance to see if new weapons still hurt the pets.


i compared the xp from skeletons using the default WOC setting at 2.0 and i got 36xp from one skeleton, the settings in 4.2 had 12xp from one skeleton death.. thats as low as i can make it without changing the settings in the options WOC menu in game itself. Because the menudef settings in slade only allows me to set the value as low as 1, if i did 0.2, it gave me an integer error. So the only way to set the XP value below 1, is doing it in the options WOC menu when you open the game (but before you start your character playing).
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Postby irontusk341 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:11 pm

anjinsanroland wrote:You have done an incredible job. Your mod has so much replayability.

What I meant in my previous posts was not about a one kind of gaming experience. With WoC's xp multiplier, both kind of players, players who want to play at epic levels and those who want to savor the lower level character progress have options for different tastes. I don't think you need to change the xp multiplier. In my completely personal opinion, what Diablo 3D needs is a set of difficulty&xpMultiplier combinations for different tastes. Players enjoying the game can easily contribute by trying and sharing their most fun combinations. That leaves you room to focus on other content at your heart's desire. And then, at a later time you can integrate the most popular set of combinations as difficulty selections.

I apologize if I sound insistent. But I just want this to reach a wider audience. Just as WoC holds massive potential over Doom/Heretic/Hexen maps, Diablo 3D also holds potential over WoC.

Best wishes


i created a workaround for the weapon switching... Now you can switch from any weapon back to the first.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Postby q3cpma » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:53 am

Hello, I'm trying to run the latest version (4.3) with gzdoom 4.2.1 on GNU/Linux by using the batch files renamed to .sh (works since it's just a command line without actual batch code) but I keep getting these errors, whatever the mode (lite, normal or godly):
Code: Select allExpand view
...
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
Script error, "wrathofcronosv22.pk3:mapinfo" line 118:
Unknown property 'sv_cooploseinventory' found in skill definition

Script error, "wrathofcronosv22.pk3:mapinfo" line 119:
Unknown property 'sv_cooplosearmor' found in skill definition

Script error, "wrathofcronosv22.pk3:mapinfo" line 120:
Unknown property 'sv_cooploseammo' found in skill definition

You cannot use clearepisodes in a MAPINFO if you do not define any new episodes after it.


Any idea about what's wrong?
q3cpma
 
Joined: 19 Nov 2016

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.3: Full Game + WEAPSWITCH HOTFI

Postby q3cpma » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:56 am

Okay, found what's wrong. Replacing "-iwad diablo" with "-iwad Diablo.WAD" did the trick; the problem of retarded case insensitive filesystems.
q3cpma
 
Joined: 19 Nov 2016

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gennoveus and 7 guests