Page 16 of 25

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:33 pm
by ZDL_800
Thankyou very much for the update Iron Tusk!

Loaded all the mods in order on ZDL and it works! This is absolutely insane, we can actually play this amazing game now! Eternally grateful.

May I ask do the maps go from Diablo 1 to Diablo 2 in a combined campaign? I'm not too sure how the chapters work exactly? Do you level up your character from Diablo 1 into Diablo 2?

I started in the original Diablo village, the music is awesome. Made my way to the dungeons where I shat myself, its scary as hell in there.

Thanks again for your epic works!

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:35 am
by NachtIntellect
I remember working on something similar a long time ago, it was an RPG I was experimenting with but yours is way more refined, in the end the RPG just got chucked in the trash can although I am sure I have an old version of it somewhere. Either way this play exactly like I would expect an RPG to play, even with the skills, good job.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am
by irontusk341
NachtIntellect wrote:I remember working on something similar a long time ago, it was an RPG I was experimenting with but yours is way more refined, in the end the RPG just got chucked in the trash can although I am sure I have an old version of it somewhere. Either way this play exactly like I would expect an RPG to play, even with the skills, good job.

thanks, Most of the RPG coding credit goes to Thetis, he laid the groundwork for this TC mod.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:29 pm
by ZDL_800
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug but once you enter the crypt, you cannot exit back to the village through the doors? Is this suppose to happen may I ask?

Also the torch light rays seems to be clipping into the walls? I did disable all the bloom mods but it looks like some sort of sprite rendered as the ambient light effect around the flame? I checked your alpha version video on Youtube and I didn't see the bug on the lights? I'm sure its just a setting in the options somewhere?

Thanks again

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:54 pm
by irontusk341
ZDL_800 wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug but once you enter the crypt, you cannot exit back to the village through the doors? Is this suppose to happen may I ask?

Also the torch light rays seems to be clipping into the walls? I did disable all the bloom mods but it looks like some sort of sprite rendered as the ambient light effect around the flame? I checked your alpha version video on Youtube and I didn't see the bug on the lights? I'm sure its just a setting in the options somewhere?

Thanks again


The light clipping is an options issue, yes.. i did notice that when i fiddled with the display settings.

as for unable to exiting the doors the way you came in the crypt. that is intentional. you enter the town through the blue town portals throughout the game.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:04 am
by ZDL_800
Hello Irontusk thanks for the reply.

I understand now, cheers for the update. Regarding the ambient light sprite, I believe the sprite should not rotate with the players camera angle/eye sight. It should be flush against the wall/object but shouldn't rotate, that's why its clipping. How that could be implemented I haven't got a clue? Its just a theory.

Is it a GZDoom update? Or is it a mod adding the ambient light sprite? I'm not sure?

What I cannot believe is that Blizzard just released a mobile shitty port of another Diablo ripoff and its just a re-skin.

There are better games here than AAA company releases.

Diablo3D for the win!

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:17 am
by ZDL_800
Update here.

Regarding the ambient light effect clipping into the walls, I noticed on Hexen that the light effects look different, they don't clip into the walls at all, it looks like some sort of 3d ambient light source which I'm trying to implement into Diablo3D but failed.

The only theory I have right now is that its in one of the addons for Diablo3D but which one?

Thanks again.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 pm
by irontusk341
ZDL_800 wrote:Update here.

Regarding the ambient light effect clipping into the walls, I noticed on Hexen that the light effects look different, they don't clip into the walls at all, it looks like some sort of 3d ambient light source which I'm trying to implement into Diablo3D but failed.

The only theory I have right now is that its in one of the addons for Diablo3D but which one?

Thanks again.


Actually The light clipping is in every Game... Brutal Hexen, Brutal Heretic, and Diablo 3D.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:12 pm
by ZDL_800
Thanks for the reply.

The Diablo3D alpha video doesn't have this bug? The light does not clip, also I haven't noticed any clipping on Hexen or Heretic? Even rotating around a torchlight.

What's the difference between the alpha version and the newest version in regards to effects? Has to be something.

Thanks again.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:40 pm
by irontusk341
ZDL_800 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

The Diablo3D alpha video doesn't have this bug? The light does not clip, also I haven't noticed any clipping on Hexen or Heretic? Even rotating around a torchlight.

What's the difference between the alpha version and the newest version in regards to effects? Has to be something.

Thanks again.


i loaded brutal hexen, Brutal Heretic, and Diablo 3D... They all have the light clipping bug, are you sure its not a Gzdoom Lighting setting? I've tried everything i can think of, and cant seem to pinpoint where the problem is.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:31 pm
by ZDL_800
Thanks for the reply.

I'll upload some screenshots for the comparisons between the games, I have noticed that its only Diablo3D that has a much larger ambient light sprite compared to Hexen or heretic.

Seems to me that there's some addon which is adding an extra ambient light sprite to all torches.

Look at your video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YnCP3DcT_4

There is no ambient light sprites clipping in that video, its the same light render as Hexen and Heretic, its exactly the same. Your new version has different light rendering then this video.

Thanks again.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:42 pm
by irontusk341
ZDL_800 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I'll upload some screenshots for the comparisons between the games, I have noticed that its only Diablo3D that has a much larger ambient light sprite compared to Hexen or heretic.

Seems to me that there's some addon which is adding an extra ambient light sprite to all torches.

Look at your video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YnCP3DcT_4

There is no ambient light sprites clipping in that video, its the same light render as Hexen and Heretic, its exactly the same. Your new version has different light rendering then this video.

Thanks again.


i figured out why.... The video used Gzdoom version 2.2 (which i tested my mod on that version and the clipping was gone)

the version of gzdoom that runs this mod version 3.2, is Gzdoom version 4.1.2. (and that clipping is there)

im gonna do some more trial and error approaches to see if i can figure out what changed and perhaps find a work around.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 am
by ZDL_800
Thanks for the reply.

This is great news you found out the issue, can we actually contact the GZDoom devs and post the bug report? I'm sure the devs would be able to fix the issue.

I had a feeling it was a GZDoom update. I'll try and find the bug report for GZDoom and I will post the issue aswell.

If GZDoom devs can fix this then its would be fantastic.

Thanks again.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:20 pm
by galvahad
Kudos for this game, it works very well!

Although I have to ask, the godly version doesn't work on Zandronum does it? It doesn't launch with Z3.

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:48 pm
by ZDL_800
I would seriously buy this game.

It is awesome, where is ID? If I was ID, I would be paying Irontusk a healthy amount, contacting Blizzard and say hey, have you seen this madness, listen Blizzard its better then your Diablo mobile trash, everyones happy.