IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ichor

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.4!!!

Post by Ichor »

If you want to fix the sapphire wand issue, how about giving the mage a melee weapon in the first slot? In Diablo 2, the sorceress started with an orb on a stick, though the Heretic staff would work instead. As for the sapphire wand, it could go in slot 2 and use blue mana, though it would need to be rebalanced a bit if it did.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.4!!!

Post by irontusk341 »

Ichor wrote:If you want to fix the sapphire wand issue, how about giving the mage a melee weapon in the first slot? In Diablo 2, the sorceress started with an orb on a stick, though the Heretic staff would work instead. As for the sapphire wand, it could go in slot 2 and use blue mana, though it would need to be rebalanced a bit if it did.
Fixed the SWAND issue... The problem was the keyconfig conflicts with the Rare weapons...

A link to the Patch for 1.4 was added to the first post. ENJOY.

-CHANGES SINCE V1.4-
1. Rare Weapon Tag names fixed
2. Fixed Keyconfig for Rare Weapons that prevented switching to weapon 1
3. Baal (dsparil) now has a rare chance to drop his staff (super powerful) Also he will drop alot of gold on death
4. Names for starting weapons changed

KNOWN ISSUES
1. periodic lag may occur on machines with a Laptop CPU clock if running godly textures. (turning off Multisampling and Precache GL Textures will fix this issue)
2. Some Necro skills like Enfeeble, Terror, and Chaos might or might not work on Gzdoom 3.4
Cherno

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.4 + Patch!

Post by Cherno »

I'm stuck again! I think I need a walkthrough :3:

In E3M6: Canyon of the Magi, I can't find the yellow key. I entered the first building, killed the skeletons and undead knights and triggered the floor plate in the middle which opened another building on the other side of the canyon, but it only contains the yellow door and there's no key in sight!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Cherno wrote:I'm stuck again! I think I need a walkthrough :3:

In E3M6: Canyon of the Magi, I can't find the yellow key. I entered the first building, killed the skeletons and undead knights and triggered the floor plate in the middle which opened another building on the other side of the canyon, but it only contains the yellow door and there's no key in sight!
You might have to "SKEL" that level, i have a fix for that level, and uploading it to the hotfix patch. Unless you saved the game right before you started this map, then you could restart the map with the updated wad file.

Heres the HOTFIX Patch
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hbcfq7sb6 ... 0PATCH.rar
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Code: Select all

!   E:\Zipped\Diablo 3D Version 1.45 PATCH.rar: Unexpected end of archive
Also, after downloading all of the the 1.4 versions, they all have the same error.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Ichor wrote:

!   E:\Zipped\Diablo 3D Version 1.45 PATCH.rar: Unexpected end of archive
Also, after downloading all of the the 1.4 versions, they all have the same error.
35 people downloaded the FULL version, and the patch, it seems you are the only one so far with this issue.
It seems you have having internet trouble as an unstable, broken connection or slow internet speed through background downloads can cause RAR file downloads to break and become corrupted. I recommend clearing your browser cache, flush your DNS and make sure you arent downloading anything else in the background when downloading Archives.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

I have downloaded the lite file 5 times, and in all 5 cases, it still shows the same error. They all have the same exact size, so none of them seem to be broken due to a bad connection or anything. I also tried downloading from another computer with the same result.

PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Ichor wrote:I have downloaded the lite file 5 times, and in all 5 cases, it still shows the same error. They all have the same exact size, so none of them seem to be broken due to a bad connection or anything. I also tried downloading from another computer with the same result.
Outdated WinRAR version? Since I try to download the mod and it works, size is right too.
I'm using WinRAR 5.40b4.

7-zip can open and extract WinRAR archives too.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Yeah, I just tried using 7Zip and that worked. Strange that this would even be an issue. I've never had any problems with WinRar up until now. Maybe these file extensions should be renamed to .7z to eliminate this confusion.

And now I have another problem. When I use the .bat file, it loads the game like usual, but there is a sea of errors before the game starts up. It still runs though. I'm guessing the .bat file has some files loaded in the wrong order or something.

Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Since you launch the Lite version, seems it's just an atempt to connect a some files with effects and\or textures, I guess.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Those are warnings, it wont break the game, and it wont effect gameplay.. You only see those messages in Console only.. If there were game breaking issues, it wouldnt load at all. You get warning messages with every single mod you play. Just saying. i wouldnt be too captious about it. :D
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Has anyone tried 1.4 + the patch on Zandronum 3.0 yet???

If not, i found out why, and have a patch coming tomorrow to fix it... The Diablo 1 and 2 summon actors were having trouble with zandronum and i had to do some tinkering to get it to run. Hopefully it will work like it should.
Kagero

Post by Kagero »

This is pretty freakin awesome, thanks for this! The game runs fine, however I do have one issue, the full hud doesn't seem to show. I can't see my health or anything like that for some reason, even after applying V1.45. I've tried going through the options in game, changing resolutions, about anything I can think of to try to see if maybe I was just missing something, but have yet to find anything to make them appear on screen for me. Really enjoying the game, but not being able to see my health and stuff puts a damper on things. I downloaded the Godly version and have tried each .bat file to see if maybe it was something to do with that, but no matter which version I try my outcome is the same.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Kagero wrote:This is pretty freakin awesome, thanks for this! The game runs fine, however I do have one issue, the full hud doesn't seem to show. I can't see my health or anything like that for some reason, even after applying V1.45. I've tried going through the options in game, changing resolutions, about anything I can think of to try to see if maybe I was just missing something, but have yet to find anything to make them appear on screen for me. Really enjoying the game, but not being able to see my health and stuff puts a damper on things. I downloaded the Godly version and have tried each .bat file to see if maybe it was something to do with that, but no matter which version I try my outcome is the same.
It sounds like the scaling options need changed. it used to be relevant to hit = or - to change hud size, now it can be done in the scaling section of the Options.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:Has anyone tried 1.4 + the patch on Zandronum 3.0 yet???

If not, i found out why, and have a patch coming tomorrow to fix it... The Diablo 1 and 2 summon actors were having trouble with zandronum and i had to do some tinkering to get it to run. Hopefully it will work like it should.
Zandro seems really DECORATE unfriendly... it's don't take a lot of parametres, pointers, functions etc. even into simple CustomMissile. It's may unpredictable strongly cut off any actor writen for GZDoom.

I manage to "fix" Diablo (Hellfire) actor, but as result its attack was severely crippled:

DISC M 2 Bright Fast A_CustomMissile("Apocalypse",0,0,0,CMF_CHECKTARGETDEAD,0) //,AAPTR_TARGET) - Zandro can't take it :(
Isn't critical, but this line:

TNT1 A 1 Bright A_BFGSpray("ApocalypseExtra",160,5)//,360,2048,90,0) - Zandro can't take this part too, WTF?! :( //damage assignment here
is important... Despite the fact that Di1 is elementary actor with simplest functions.

But more smart actors with complicate AI and abilities, such as Diablo (LoD) and Butcher, returns an SWARM of errors. :evil: Sorry dude, I won't fix them and I'll don't even try to write actors for Zandro compatibility, I am isn't good enough for that challenge. ((( To be honest, I didn't expect that all so bad.

As compromise solution you can try to make module bestiary only for GZDoom. Ofc, it will requires additional work.
Well, it is up to you.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”