IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.0 NEW EXPANSION OUT NOW!

Post by Redneckerz »

For some reason ive always considered very similar in scope and sometimes in looks to The Inquisitor (Looks) and Scattered Evil: Korax's Heritage (Scope, Uses Hexen as a base).

Because of the Heretic reliance, it can never be standalone (Like The Inquisitor is) so that's another thing in common with Korax.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Redneckerz wrote:For some reason ive always considered very similar in scope and sometimes in looks to The Inquisitor (Looks) and Scattered Evil: Korax's Heritage (Scope, Uses Hexen as a base).

Because of the Heretic reliance, it can never be standalone (Like The Inquisitor is) so that's another thing in common with Korax.
Everyone is gonna point some common aspects of mods to one another, the main differences is a number of the sprites, sounds, and music is stripped right out of Diablo 1 and 2.

And the level designs are nearly akin to the diablo series itself.. it’s about as close as you can get in a total conversion mod for heretic.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

A Patch update is coming which will address some Shrine spawns arent showing certain shrines.. Like Flaming shrine, and Creepy Shrine etc. The Council chambers in Travincal will be expanded to allow more room to move around. Some other changes coming, nothing major. just a few name changes on some stuff, and adding more shrines to the shrine spawner..
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Hello Irontusk,
Happy to see you working on D3D.

Tristram's Church door is missing its texture (both inside and outside)
The very first level has some missing glass textures on the walls.
I don't know if there are any more missing textures on later levels. These textures were not missing on previous versions. I don't know what happened to them.

Please see the attached PNG to read the very first level's console errors.

Also to eliminate any errors on my side, I used the latest version of winrar in addition of my old version of 7z. I tried the mod both on the latest version of GZDoom and my old version. I tried all the combinations.

Thank you for your time and effort.
Attachments
console error list
console error list
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:Hello Irontusk,
Happy to see you working on D3D.

Tristram's Church door is missing its texture (both inside and outside)
The very first level has some missing glass textures on the walls.
I don't know if there are any more missing textures on later levels. These textures were not missing on previous versions. I don't know what happened to them.

Please see the attached PNG to read the very first level's console errors.

Also to eliminate any errors on my side, I used the latest version of winrar in addition of my old version of 7z. I tried the mod both on the latest version of GZDoom and my old version. I tried all the combinations.

Thank you for your time and effort.
A patch is being implimented which should eliminate the bug as well as a few other bugs i found myself... keep an eye out for the link in the first page.
anjinsanroland

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.1(PATCH) NEW EXPANSION OUT NO

Post by anjinsanroland »

Thanks for the swift update.

EDIT:
Topaz rune does not work on topaz door on the first level.
Using "give keys" command and also picking up the runes on the level makes my character to hold two pairs of each color.
Please consider enabling cheats on hardcore difficulty since it is impossible to continue without cheating.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:Thanks for the swift update.

EDIT:
Topaz rune does not work on topaz door on the first level.
Using "give keys" command and also picking up the runes on the level makes my character to hold two pairs of each color.
Please consider enabling cheats on hardcore difficulty since it is impossible to continue without cheating.
That shoulda been working... I don’t know why it didn’t. i tested all 3 bats, Lite, Normal and Godly
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

When I get home tomorrow I’m double check the pack files to make sure they match what I have when I tested the bats. Just to be sure. Because im attempting to duplicate your issue...
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

maybe that topaz was a fake one?

EDIT:
1)Should I worry about all those script errors on console when the game is loaded?
2)Character progression feels very promising thanks to your new approach on stat bonuses.
3)Topaz rune on The Lair of the Butcher does not work either. I don't know about other runes because "give keys" gives all the runes together.
4)There is an exclamation mark (unknown item) at the end of Poisoned Well
5)Runes at Catacombs don't work too. In the cheated map, keys are shown as black icons instead of key colored icons.
6)At the end of catacombs, one door leads to chamber of bones, the other to the crypt of nakrul. Is it intended? Which choice is for the completionist?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:maybe that topaz was a fake one?

EDIT:
1)Should I worry about all those script errors on console when the game is loaded?
2)Character progression feels very promising thanks to your new approach on stat bonuses.
3)Topaz rune on The Lair of the Butcher does not work either. I don't know about other runes because "give keys" gives all the runes together.
4)There is an exclamation mark (unknown item) at the end of Poisoned Well
5)Runes at Catacombs don't work too. In the cheated map, keys are shown as black icons instead of key colored icons.
6)At the end of catacombs, one door leads to chamber of bones, the other to the crypt of nakrul. Is it intended? Which choice is for the completionist?
Yea the issue with the key runes, must be a local issue, i have been unable to duplicate your issue... The Catacombs ending where it goes to Na'krul is supposed to send you to the halls of the blind... that is a Mapinfo hiccup on my part, ill fix that. i found other "ethereal" map reroutes as well.. ill take care of those accordingly.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

The bat files in version 1.1.0 and newer relies on heretic now to run, if you dont have heretic, it could be why you have key rune issues possibly? thats the only theory i have..
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I use GZDoom 4.2 (64bit) and Heretic.wad v.1.3
Can you write your versions with which D3D runs most stable so that we could be on the same platform if possible.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I use GZDoom 4.2 (64bit) and Heretic.wad v.1.3
Can you write your versions with which D3D runs most stable so that we could be on the same platform if possible.
All the versions except classic run on gzdoom 3.4 and above. Have you tried deleting all the files and redownload the mod again?
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I will try that, but right now I am ok with "give keys" command since I always clear all of the level, I collect correspondent keys first.

I used "changemap e6m7" to experience Halls of the Blind and it began great but ended as an easy treasure grab. I suggest more nightcrawler rushes at key points, or at least at the end. Also if you could squeze the quest poem somewhere as a full text or just a sound like "cast down into the halls of the blind" that would be neat. Or as a pointer to the next level, you could put a part of the poem as a note to the change level door at the end of the catacombs.

The shrine of map has the map sprite slightly off the shrine so it is on the floor beside it instead of on top of the shrine.
The shrine of zeal has the sprite vibrating on top of it and I think it causes some slowness.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I will try that, but right now I am ok with "give keys" command since I always clear all of the level, I collect correspondent keys first.

I used "changemap e6m7" to experience Halls of the Blind and it began great but ended as an easy treasure grab. I suggest more nightcrawler rushes at key points, or at least at the end. Also if you could squeze the quest poem somewhere as a full text or just a sound like "cast down into the halls of the blind" that would be neat. Or as a pointer to the next level, you could put a part of the poem as a note to the change level door at the end of the catacombs.

The shrine of map has the map sprite slightly off the shrine so it is on the floor beside it instead of on top of the shrine.
The shrine of zeal has the sprite vibrating on top of it and I think it causes some slowness.

Oh the map shrine I forgot to set the graphic offsets. The zeal one sounds odd I’ll check the script and see what I set the tic.

Now I did think about adding “quest dialogues” in between certain levels but I wasn’t sure if I could do it by just adding more “clusters in the map info/language. See how that works.

EDIT: Good news... So far i added butcher quest dialog when you leave e1m1 tristram, and blind quest dialog when leaving e1m3.. *Fingers Crossed* AND IT WORKS! thanks for resparking that idea Anjin.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”