IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
anjinsanroland

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.1(PATCH) NEW EXPANSION OUT NO

Post by anjinsanroland »

irontusk341 wrote: EDIT: Good news... So far i added butcher quest dialog when you leave e1m1 tristram, and blind quest dialog when leaving e1m3.. *Fingers Crossed* AND IT WORKS! thanks for resparking that idea Anjin.
Congratulations :D Can't wait to see

EDIT:
1)One corner of Leoric's chamber and it's secret room has an unknown item each.
2)The secret area that leads to Festering Nest has an unknown item.
3)Actually, the console lists the unknown items when a new level is loaded. It will be more efficient I guess to look them up instead of me writing every one of them here.
4)Adria's black mushroom is indeed delicious.
5)So far I got 4-5 stat boosting gems but no runes. I think those unknown items used to be blue apples that somehow couldn't transitioned to runes. Edit: I picked up an "el rune" dropped from a monster.
6)Defiler is no threat. He just stands there and has very low range. I can just stand and hit him with melee weapons without getting hit back.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:
irontusk341 wrote: EDIT: Good news... So far i added butcher quest dialog when you leave e1m1 tristram, and blind quest dialog when leaving e1m3.. *Fingers Crossed* AND IT WORKS! thanks for resparking that idea Anjin.
Congratulations :D Can't wait to see

EDIT:
1)One corner of Leoric's chamber and it's secret room has an unknown item each.
2)The secret area that leads to Festering Nest has an unknown item.
3)Actually, the console lists the unknown items when a new level is loaded. It will be more efficient I guess to look them up instead of me writing every one of them here.
4)Adria's black mushroom is indeed delicious.
5)So far I got 4-5 stat boosting gems but no runes. I think those unknown items used to be blue apples that somehow couldn't transitioned to runes. Edit: I picked up an "el rune" dropped from a monster.
6)Defiler is no threat. He just stands there and has very low range. I can just stand and hit him with melee weapons without getting hit back.
those will be addressed at the next patch update.. sorry it took me so long to respond... my login is all screwed up and wouldnt accept my password for some reason.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Keep up the good work. Your mod is going great.

I played some more in the meantime. Those are my findings:

In episodes 2,3,4
1) The symmetrically placed shrines in e2m3 "Crypt" are below ground
2) Some more shrines' items are placed vibratingly. You may want to check how all shrines look together.
3) Shrine in e2m7 "Jail" is below ground
4) All doors out of the starting room of "Monastery Catacombs" need topaz key. So no way out.
5) There is a green door but no green key at "Claw Viper Temple"
6) Conversely there is a green key but no green door in "Canyon of the magi"
7) In "Kurast district" the button after blue door didn't open the last pramid's door.
8) A shrine in "durance of hate" is way above ground.

The only missing textures so far are:
1) In "Maggot Lair", after you decend the stairs, if you turn around and look at the stairs from that position.
2) In "City of Travincal" the wall that surrounds the outher wall has some recesses in it. One of the recesses at the right side has a side that has no texture.

New WoC compatibility issue:
Rogue's skill tree graphic seems outdated

General issues:
1) Monsters leave too many potions. If you consider potion making as a minigame to find ways to optimize xp and gold gain, then it is a good thing. However it may mean too much work for some players. My concern is for carry capacity. No matter how much strenght I have, carrying limit for potions is always 16. After every fight there is a downtime for arranging, mixing and selling them. If you can make the item carry limit to include potions as well then it will be much better for me.
2) The shrine that teleports you to safety is not fun.

The last three difficulty levels have some weird side effects such as:
1) Living Steel Amulet not working
2) Mystic Ambit Incant not working for fighter.
3) Some skills not working until they are leveled up multiple times. Ex: Fighter's "Concentration" skill should be above level 5 to work on Torment difficulty whereas Mage's "Mana Charge" should be exactly level 10.
I assume they are intended as a part of the difficulty and therefore left unchanged.

My character:
Level 50 fighter at episode 5, played with 20 xp multiplier on torment difficuty.
36 Str, 16 Agi, 116 Con, 104 Wis, 306 Int, 35 Cha. Path of Destroyer.
I used scroll of reversion once to transition from melee to ranged.
Even without all those rare stat boosts, since they are loaded as unknown items, I am still quite powerful and rich.

EDIT:
1) Got stuck at the end of e3m3 "hellforge" there are no levelchange triggers. What is the next level? e3m4 or some secret level?
2) Did I miss the "not so cow level"? If I did, what should I had done?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:Keep up the good work. Your mod is going great.

I played some more in the meantime. Those are my findings:

In episodes 2,3,4
1) The symmetrically placed shrines in e2m3 "Crypt" are below ground
2) Some more shrines' items are placed vibratingly. You may want to check how all shrines look together.
3) Shrine in e2m7 "Jail" is below ground
4) All doors out of the starting room of "Monastery Catacombs" need topaz key. So no way out.
5) There is a green door but no green key at "Claw Viper Temple"
6) Conversely there is a green key but no green door in "Canyon of the magi"
7) In "Kurast district" the button after blue door didn't open the last pramid's door.
8) A shrine in "durance of hate" is way above ground.

The only missing textures so far are:
1) In "Maggot Lair", after you decend the stairs, if you turn around and look at the stairs from that position.
2) In "City of Travincal" the wall that surrounds the outher wall has some recesses in it. One of the recesses at the right side has a side that has no texture.

New WoC compatibility issue:
Rogue's skill tree graphic seems outdated

General issues:
1) Monsters leave too many potions. If you consider potion making as a minigame to find ways to optimize xp and gold gain, then it is a good thing. However it may mean too much work for some players. My concern is for carry capacity. No matter how much strenght I have, carrying limit for potions is always 16. After every fight there is a downtime for arranging, mixing and selling them. If you can make the item carry limit to include potions as well then it will be much better for me.
2) The shrine that teleports you to safety is not fun.

The last three difficulty levels have some weird side effects such as:
1) Living Steel Amulet not working
2) Mystic Ambit Incant not working for fighter.
3) Some skills not working until they are leveled up multiple times. Ex: Fighter's "Concentration" skill should be above level 5 to work on Torment difficulty whereas Mage's "Mana Charge" should be exactly level 10.
I assume they are intended as a part of the difficulty and therefore left unchanged.

My character:
Level 50 fighter at episode 5, played with 20 xp multiplier on torment difficuty.
36 Str, 16 Agi, 116 Con, 104 Wis, 306 Int, 35 Cha. Path of Destroyer.
I used scroll of reversion once to transition from melee to ranged.
Even without all those rare stat boosts, since they are loaded as unknown items, I am still quite powerful and rich.

EDIT:
1) Got stuck at the end of e3m3 "hellforge" there are no levelchange triggers. What is the next level? e3m4 or some secret level?
2) Did I miss the "not so cow level"? If I did, what should I had done?
the game has shootable triggers in the claw viper temple if you shoot or hit the alter you go to a new level (kind of like completing the claw viper quest on diablo 2) i dont know why the green key is missing in e3m4.. that will be fixed.
THe Skull on the hellforge has a floor trigger that you switch to lower the floor to the southeast of the open area which reveals the entrance to the Chaos Sanctuary. Cow level begins after killing Lucion much later in the game..
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

irontusk341 wrote:THe Skull on the hellforge has a floor trigger that you switch to lower the floor to the southeast of the open area which reveals the entrance to the Chaos Sanctuary.
I can reach the door of Chaos Sanctuary but I can't find a trigger to levelchange. Hitting or using the door and stairs do not work.

Edit:
Episode 6
1)Reanimated horde have some weird pathfinding. They get stuck with scenery and hack at empty air like there is no tomorrow.
2)Both exits from Frigid Highlands lead to Nilathaks Temple.
3)Shrines of Nephalem are dropped so frequently that almost all of episode 6 is experienced through an orange filter.
4)Regarding the legal issues mentioned by Dinosaur_Nerd, episode 6 also uses monster sprites from "hexen." Do you consider checking for the wad files of both heretic and hexen?
5)The switch after the green door in Nilathaks Temple doesn't seem to trigger, also I don't know what it supposed to do.
6)Instead of three ancients, there are two ancients and a burning dead at the end of the ancient's way. Rewards and sprites are nice.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:THe Skull on the hellforge has a floor trigger that you switch to lower the floor to the southeast of the open area which reveals the entrance to the Chaos Sanctuary.
I can reach the door of Chaos Sanctuary but I can't find a trigger to levelchange. Hitting or using the door and stairs do not work.

Edit:
Episode 6
1)Reanimated horde have some weird pathfinding. They get stuck with scenery and hack at empty air like there is no tomorrow.
2)Both exits from Frigid Highlands lead to Nilathaks Temple.
3)Shrines of Nephalem are dropped so frequently that almost all of episode 6 is experienced through an orange filter.
4)Regarding the legal issues mentioned by Dinosaur_Nerd, episode 6 also uses monster sprites from "hexen." Do you consider checking for the wad files of both heretic and hexen?
5)The switch after the green door in Nilathaks Temple doesn't seem to trigger, also I don't know what it supposed to do.
6)Instead of three ancients, there are two ancients and a burning dead at the end of the ancient's way. Rewards and sprites are nice.
Patch 1.1.2 is uploading now, it will address the serious and game breaking issues you discovered. Thanks for being my bug Exterminator. :)
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

irontusk341 wrote: Thanks for being my bug Exterminator. :)
Thank you for D3D :)
For the last and this year, I have been enjoying this more than my whole gaming and modding library.
I would play more if I hadn't damaged my inner ears due to a vertigo attack a couple of months ago while playing Inquisitor3D.
For a while I couldn't play FPS games. Now I am playing little by little with 4:3 aspect ratio and 80 FOV.

EDIT:

For my feedback from now on to the end game, please keep in mind that I am still playing the previous version for the sake of completing and reporting the whole mod to the end.

At the last map of episode 6 (Worldstone keep)
1)The platform around blue key has missing textures within.
2)There is one more missing texture on that level but I don't know how to describe. It is at the end of one of the corridors after the deep descent via lift.
3)At the end of the level, after defeating baal, there is one blue and one red portal. Both goes to the sanctified gateway.
4)Also when the level is finished, there appears the "heretic" game end level statistics.

Episode 7
1)Nephalem shrine overdose continues.
2)Player can slide out of the windows to a lower platform that needs a jumping action or reload to go back.
3)Both secret rooms around the blue key in Vestibule of Light have texture problems.
4)The quadrand that has the blue key has two more buildings. Their inner doors cannot be opened.
5)In the Pandemonium Fortress after the blue door, playes comes across two very important doors. The right one leads to the end of level. The left one leads to second town portal and the swich which opens the right door. This left door, that leads to the second town portal does not open.
6)In the Pandemonium Fortress after getting all the blood shards and whatnot, at the end of the corridor, the closed door trigger needs moving over it a couple of times.
7)There is a lift in Pandemonium Fortress that traps you in a room with nothing in it and no way out. There is a trigger there that doesn't work.

I am happy to complete episode 7 with satisfaction. After so much waiting, I tasted the true beauty of scenery and level design without all the bugs and glitchy boss. Moving the boss on his own level was a good idea. Now I am gonna move on to the untested levels.
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.2(Exp PATCH)

Post by irontusk341 »

if you try the new update from a couple days ago, you will notice the Nephalem Shrine will not spawn as much, and when it does, and after pickup, the redish orange glow is removed.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I finished all reachable content, and after cycling with changemap command to see If I missed anything, I realized I didn't play e6m8 "horizons prison". I don't know if I missed it somehow or it cannot be reached in the first place due to a bug. At the end, It leads to Lazarus' level. You may want to check it's reachability.
After a new patch that deals with all the remaining bugs, I may play with a different character.
In the meantime, thank you and best wishes.

General bugs:

1)Santuary Shrine says: "You no longer fear lava or ooze" but I take damage from lava all the same.

New Levels' bugs:

1)In E5M6 Valley of Infernal Bones, there is a group of 8 buildings. Their doors and triggers need checking. I noclipped my way in to the first one but both triggers inside had no effect. I didn't check the other ones. I naturally noclipped through the huge block beyond the buildings. It ended with an invisible block. I noclipped at the edge and found myself near the end level portal. Alas, portal didn't have a trigger to end the level (And I didn't forget to turn off noclip).

2)I am continuing with E5M7 if it is the intended next level and if there is no secret level in between. But it has so many problems that I can't test them step by step. I suggest you play a godly character without cheating from E5M6's 8 house group to the end of E5M7 and you will easily notice and correct the bugs more swiftly. Also I can't document the failed triggers and missing keys with so many doors without knowing your creational intentions for these levels.

3)I killed Lucian but his throne did not trigger to transfer me to next level. I remember you saying cow level should be next. So I am continuing there.

4)I couln't find green key in uber tristram.

5)Lilith's room in uber tristram has 4 missing textures at the side walls.

General Critisism:

1)Lucian's level and uber tristram are the best among the new ones. If I were you, I would put cow level after the bahomet's level, then all other new game levels, then lucian's level, then show the end game screen and then put player in "uber tristram" for post game content. However, other new levels, apart from lucian's, uber tristram and cow level feel a bit random and not so diablo like. They feel like mixing and matching of previous content. I think your mod has reached its level limit and if you feel to add more levels, you should create a new WoC compatible mappack or TC. D3D is with all new content is too long already and your design has a signature of itseft that feels tired after so many levels. Let players remember D3D as a compact, polished and satisfying experience (sorry for harsh critisism)

2)There is always room for polishing. If you just play from beginning to the end without using jump button and any cheats (preferrably on hardcore skill level after you are absolutely sure that there remains no bugs to prevent progress) you will see all the stuff I didn't documented here since they are not game breaking.

The following is for D3D players only,
regarding WoC Experience Multiplier, my character and recommendations for setting the Xp

1)Before playing the mod, you want to calculate how many skill points your character needs considering the build you wish for. What will be your main 4 skill slots, also what passive or previous skills will help you.
Example: If a necromancer doesn't want to cycle between his skills he will want to have 40+ points for 4 skill slots since there is no passive skills for him. So aiming level 50 for end game would lead to a satisfying gameplay.

2)If a previous skill helps a latter skill's performance, and you intent to use the latter skill, than you should regard the previous one as a passive skill.
Example: Warrior's punch-stomp-charge-... series of skills. Wizard's most skills.

3)Many monsters will have one or two types of immunity/resistance. Make sure your character will be proficent with at least 3 different types of damage via skills and/or weapons if you don't want to use or won't have mana for D3D specific shared weapons like Horadric Staff and Khalim's will. Khalim's Will and Necromancer's weapons are the most effective against resistances.
Example: A fighter will want to max out at least 2 of his weapons skills to use them when neccessary while also being able to physically punch or charge the enemy. Physical is also a damage type so fighter has 4 different damage types plus all the shared weapons' types.

2)Stats will be no problem since stat boosts throughout D3D will have you more than a thousand stat bonuses. So you will have more than you need. Even if you don't level up at all, you will get stronger while level scaled monsters will not.
Note: 35 charisma is optimal for lowest armor prices if playing on the last three difficulty levels and therefore need to stack armor.

3)How much wisdom you intend to have is important, since wisdom will make a considerable gap between character builds on the same difficulty level with same Xp multiplier.

4)On which difficulty level you want to play is also important. On higher difficulties, monsters will be at higher levels, hence will have more HP and yield more XP.
Note: Don't consider hardcore difficulty just yet since it disables the cheats. Until all the bugs that prevent progress are removed, you may need "give keys", "noclip" and "changemap" commands.

5)You will be able to buy many scrolls of reversion and therefore many chances to change your builds. They will be especially helpful when stat boosts will put your character away from your intended build.

Results and reference point:
With 20 Xp multiplier on torment difficulty, my end game fighter was 70-79 levels. I mostly have more than 100 wisdom.
For my personel preferences, I reach my skill limit at;
40 for necromancer,
60 for wizard,
90 for melee fighter,
120 for intelligent ranged fighter,
85-155 for various paladin builds.
Hunter and especially Assassin will need more than that and/or will also need to play on a lower difficulty.
So a melee fighter and paladin with 100 wisdom will want to play on torment with 40-50 xp multiplier whereas 15 will be more than enough for necromancer. If you want to lower the difficulty or the wisdom you intend to have, then please raise the xp modifier accordingly.

6)Please remember, after you max your preferred skills, monsters will continue to scale according to your level. After that, game may not be much enjoable. But it is my subjective taste.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

His throne is a shootable trigger which should allow you to advance. just shoot his throne. as for the shrine that makes you immune to lava for a time was patched in 1.1.2 it should be working as intended. as for the E5M6 bugs ill look into those. i am considering on moving the cow level back to after you kill baal. and keep uber tristram where it should be. Level additions, Technically i can add more levels since E9M1-9 is possible but i think im satisfied with the amount of exploration being done with the game. As for more bug fixes, tweaks, and balancing... that will continue as long as it takes.. thanks again.

PS i may upload text walkthrough somewhere sometime in the future on how to fully explore all the levels, hidden or main..
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

irontusk341 wrote: just shoot his throne.
If only I got accustomed to hitting things instead of using them (Wow, out of context, this sentence can be stretched to so politically incorrect meanings, I can't believe myself)
irontusk341 wrote:as for the E5M6 bugs ill look into those.
Please don't forget E5M7 as well
irontusk341 wrote:i am considering on moving the cow level back to after you kill baal. and keep uber tristram where it should be.
Good idea, but please consider moving the ending screen before uber tristram for a more thematic conclusion since uber tristram feels not as a continuation of the story but a post game challenge.
irontusk341 wrote: i may upload text walkthrough somewhere sometime in the future on how to fully explore all the levels, hidden or main..
That would be great
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I wanna try a hunter or paladin but I wish to wait for the next patch
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.3(Exp PATCH)

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I wanna try a hunter or paladin but I wish to wait for the next patch
Just updated the Patch to 1.1.3

:)

Hopefully i squished the trigger bugs.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

-Colored keys are working now, I realised the woc3 heretic patch file name in the BAT file was incorrect in the old version. It is corrected now. I don't know how I missed it.
-Quest screen and voice is very nice, but the picture is tiled, not strecthed for my resolution.
-Hunter skill tree picture in the skill menu is still the old one.
-Loading screen version number says 1.1.2
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:thanks :D

-Colored keys are working now, I realised the woc3 heretic patch file name in the BAT file was incorrect in the old version. It is corrected now. I don't know how I missed it.
-Quest screen and voice is very nice, but the picture is tiled, not strecthed for my resolution.
-Hunter skill tree picture in the skill menu is still the old one.
-Loading screen version number says 1.1.2
i've been trying to figure out how to stretch the picture for the quest screen... :(

i might add in a future patch a ludacris type of difficulty where you will probably get one shot killed for fun....

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”