IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
csiga77

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.0: Expansion

Post by csiga77 »

finally it started. I unpacked it with an unrar from the winrar site, which i compared with the earlier ones - no difference, as i suspected.
FINALLY i spotted some upper/lowercase mismatches in the batch, which did not help with zandorum, and it didn't a logfile which i wanted to present.
SO i tried gzdoom for the log's sake, and it is running! Still, tons of warnings and errors at startup, but I hope it will run.

I can send a log if it helps anyone, but for the day, thank you for trying to help. Now, I jump into the game with both feet. :)
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

irontusk341 wrote:
anjinsanroland wrote:In the first dungeon after opening the first yellow door I see a closed door across. When I get the map scroll I see the unexplored content there. Also map counts say there are still items and monsters around. They should be behind that door. But as much as I searched E7M5 I coudn't find a way to open it.
theres a switch on one of the coffins in the mausoleum area after entering the yellow door. A crystal vial will mark the one you need to open that door.
There is a switch within green door area on one of the coffins that opens another door but as of version 3.2 I couldn't find one within yellow door area. Also automap does not show any more trigger lines.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:
anjinsanroland wrote:In the first dungeon after opening the first yellow door I see a closed door across. When I get the map scroll I see the unexplored content there. Also map counts say there are still items and monsters around. They should be behind that door. But as much as I searched E7M5 I coudn't find a way to open it.
theres a switch on one of the coffins in the mausoleum area after entering the yellow door. A crystal vial will mark the one you need to open that door.
There is a switch within green door area on one of the coffins that opens another door but as of version 3.2 I couldn't find one within yellow door area. Also automap does not show any more trigger lines.
the yellow door room's switch was fixed in 4.0
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V4.1: Expansion + Patch

Post by irontusk341 »

ALL presented issues since 4.0 have been PATCHed... See the patch notes attached in the Rar file.

4.1 patch
https://www.mediafire.com/file/obmmgenf ... H.rar/file
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Thank you very much :)
csiga77

Post by csiga77 »

For linux players, I created the starting "batch files" for gzdoom, it also includes a symlink, which solves the upper/lowercase problem I was fighting.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fnwtjzgn ... x.tgz/file

Thank you guys, this is an awesome game, I can't even imagine how many working hours in it. I can't stop playing since it finally got it started yesterday. :)
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

The primary reason why I hate modern Wrath of Cronos is because the enemies "scale" along side your level, means that each level you actually get WEAKER in comparison to the level you had before, and eventually you get so weak that a single zombieman instagib you.

However, for classes like fighter who get huge hp bonuses per level (7hp), the scaling of enemies barely even noticeble as enemies can't overdamage the hp she gets; in fact, with each level fighter becomes more abd more overpowered since with each level she becomes more tanky, to a point she becomes invincible as she doesn't need to spend any of point to hp, so she can spend them all toward intellect and wisdom and just W+M1 everything with quietus noobsword without any fear or risk.

For classes like mage, however, this is the most drastic aspect of monster scaling. If you won't spend a point in to hp, a single revenant fireball will kill you at level 150, and a single zonbieman at level 300. Back in the zandrpnum glorious WOC days, once you reach level 2000 or above, a single scratch could kill mage even with full armor + amulets of protection. You must spent at least 90% of ALL your stats toward hp as the poor guy just to not get killed by single imp's fireball, while still remain fragile and do less magical damage than both fighter and cleric. Very terrible balance. Cleric was insanely overpowered, aside from healing spell and passive aura of protection spell, his hp raise higher than enemy's damage to compensate in. In addition to that, he had the best magical spell out of all classes. A single click of the divine light spell cover the whole map in nuclear fallaout, killing ANYTHING in a matter if a seconds, even cyberdemon. He was literally a "press X to win" class, since activating spell once would clean a whole map04 hall in chillax. Once level 5000, I leveled him so much that not even 5 cyberdemon's rocket in face at the same time could kill me, while divine light killed them in second.

I have nothing against being overpowered, as long all of the classes become equally overpowered, which makes it all fair and balanced. Unfortunatelly in the WOC since like 1.5a, the only overpowered classes were cleric and fighter, not something you can say about necro and mage. The level limit sure did handicap the fun you could get out of WOC, however. But I'm still curious, does this mod as well scale monsters? If so, that kinda sad. I rather get higher tier monster as I level up. For example, at level 30, the higher chance that I'll get arch-vile to spawn, and at level 70 there will be higher chance to fight diabloist, etc.
Last edited by MaxRideWizardLord on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Fighter vanguard path has a bug regarding temperance passive ability, a bug that Thetis has not yet patched.
It is mentioned in his forum. Maybe I should post about it there but... nontheless I was examining the file wrathofcronosv22.pk3\Decorate\Fighter\skills.txt
There, at the end of the file there are these:
Spoiler:
If I add the following actors before them,
Spoiler:
then I can bypass the error which happens everytime I got hit.
However, instead of damage reduction gradually increasing with subsequent hits, it stays at the value of PowerTemperanceDefense0 which is 0.94 of normal damage (i.e.%6 reduction)
I don't know much about modding so I suggest either we decide on an average value for a fixed damage reduction (say %10) after everytime the vanguard figter gets hit or someone who knows more about modding furthers the discussion to achive gradual reduction as intended and then post about it in Thetis' thread.

Also, I was playing Irontusk's Heretic map pack version 6.1 and there are some issues. May I talk about them here or is there a dedicated thread? Is there a newer version?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:
Spoiler:
my Heretic mod is kind of dormant at the moment since i've spend most of my free time with working on Diablo 3D.
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Spoiler:
To answer your question concerning the leveling Curve of the monsters.. It has been addressed in the loot drops of elite monsters, mini bosses, big bosses, and hidden rooms. The shards, and certain apples provide Perm stat boosts that put you ahead of the curve so to speak (no pun intended). The question is... Can you find them all??
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

1) Unique skeleton archer "Deadeye" at the exit door of catacombs e1m3 gives "P_StartScript: Unknown script 620"
2) Can you give us some pointers regarding different difficulties? After difficulty level 5 armors give only a percentage and "living steel amulet" does not work. Is it intentional?
3) After changing to another weapon, is it normal to be unable to return to the starting weapon? Since different monsters are immune to some kind of damage, getting stuck with a useless damage type against an enemy motivates us to improvise. So maybe it is intentional but it forces for specific build types.
4) It is a welcome change for cleric not being boringly overpowered thanks to many monsters being immune to divine damage.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:1) Unique skeleton archer "Deadeye" at the exit door of catacombs e1m3 gives "P_StartScript: Unknown script 620"
2) Can you give us some pointers regarding different difficulties? After difficulty level 5 armors give only a percentage and "living steel amulet" does not work. Is it intentional?
3) After changing to another weapon, is it normal to be unable to return to the starting weapon? Since different monsters are immune to some kind of damage, getting stuck with a useless damage type against an enemy motivates us to improvise. So maybe it is intentional but it forces for specific build types.
4) It is a welcome change for cleric not being boringly overpowered thanks to many monsters being immune to divine damage.
most of the high heavens area have immunites to holy damage. Humans and non demons like scavengers and bats should be also immune to holy damage..
next up, the in-ability to switch back to default has been a problem since version 1.5 (although... the only workaround i have was adding more flasks early in the game to give the player options
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

1) Within the caves e1m6, the building just after the blue door has two sections. In the northern section there are some corridors. At the end of the middle corridor there are flasks yellow, green, yellow, red, yellow, red and then an unknown object. It has an exclamation mark as its sprite. I played with a cleric and a fighter hence checked twice in case it was random but it is a fixed object.

Edit1:
2) In Blood Moor e7m3 if I am not careful, I get stuck in the tree groups.
3) In the same map the building near the town portal has a teleporter switch. After teleporting to destination building, its door does not open. I had to use noclipping to get out.

Edit2:
4) Played act 1 with cleric on "Hardcore" and it was too hard. Played with fighter on "Destruction" and last half of act 1 and first half of act 2 is too easy. Shall I start again on "torment" or "inferno" or should I continue on "Destruction" past act 2 waiting for it to get harder?
Edit 3:
I restarted a fighter on "Torment" and act one feels more satisfyingly challenging and not frustrating. Though some parts seem impossible, at least I can put the icons of defender to good use. Also armors are a good money sink. But I would appreciate if armors filling half of the slot rounding up instead of rounding down. That way I won't shy away from using more that 1-2 armors per slot at the same time.

Edit 4:
5) Hero gets the ultimate weapon somewhere in act 2 but how about putting it near Charsi. That would make people smile.

Edit 5:
6) On torment, mage's mana charge only works at level ten.
7) What's the difference between torment and inferno. Also there are drastic changes beginning at 6th skill level. Knowing them beforehand would really help. I searched and read all of the thread and also all of the changelog but couldn't collect enough information.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

If you find anymore bugs let me know
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

After trying various classes and difficulties on act 1, I stick with a hardcore fighter. I am at the beginning of act 3 (lut gholein).

My character: Str:150, Con:275, Wis:100, Cha:35, Destroyer Path, all skills except hook shot, death blow and war cry maxed out.

I use GZDoom 4.2.0 without highres textures, without brutal effects, but with OpenGL postprosessing “palette” tonemap and dynamic lighting because even if it is OpenGL, palette tonemap with dynamic lighting is as atmospheric as old beatiful software rendering like Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

So far my thouths are as follows. Please note that I use quick save and load in abundace. Also I dont use flasks. I craft them for xp and sell for gp.
  • In this mod you quickly reach 3 digit character levels and gain max skill points. Since you can only use 4 active skills at a time, classes with no passive skills like necromancer and mage can only be improved upon their chosen path so far. After maxing their main build, you spend points to alternative skills and gain side builds but they are not as powerful as skills fitting your chosen path. If one can quickly switch active skills on the fly, mage is still viable on high level, but necromancer is not, because your pets disappear as soon as their regarding skill is removed from active skills tab. Hunter may be viable but I dont like her much to play for long. I want to play as mage and necromancer on hardcore but I don’t think mage’s arcane armor will hold as much as fighter’s hp. Necromancer doesn’t even have that. They need defensive passive skills to survive hardcore and damage reduction won’t cut it with their puny hp. Though I need to have patience and actually test them.
  • Likewise, after gaining hundreds of stat points, lower difficulty levels become so boring. But on hardcore, you have to put so much on constitution that you just dont dump stats for dps to one shot kill everything in your path. So level ups are still exciting. Putting enough points for 35 charisma to buy cheapest armor is also a good divergence.
  • In the first 5 difficulties the game after act 1 is too easy. Last 3 difficulties are somewhat challenging for fighter but only on hardcore the fighter has the sweetest challenge. Cleric has lesser dps, hence he has a harder time on hardcore because of immunities, pain resistance and massive hit points of monsters. Sacrifice skill killing you outright doesn’t help either.

Regardless, after act 1, you become so epic level that playing on doesnt feel rewarding enough. That's why I restarted over and over with different characters and difficulties. I guess most of my complaints can easily be solved by reducing experience multiplier to a small fraction like 0,1 but I got tired of restarting and playing with different combinations. So I am open to a suggestion for a sweet spot on xp multiplier to make it both challenging and rewarding through all the acts to the end. If someone can provide optimal class&path/difficulty/XPmultiplier combinations, than it would be awesome. So far my only suggestion is fighterDestroyer/hardcore/less than 1x.

Reducing xp multiplier may also solve most of the scaling problems. Wrath of Cronos doesn’t seem to be optimized for playing after character level 100. Dear Irontusk, if you know the total xp gain on your mod, maybe you can suggest an xp multiplier that should make a character at level like 150 at the end of everything the mod offers.
  • I believe there are too many items on the ground. I always have spare “icons of defender”, too many “kraters of might” to carry around and unnumbered other artifacts and potions which I sell as soon as possible. Best artifact for me is torch.
  • If you dont care about chasing monsters or %100 completion, then using "mask of terror" is like godmode cheating. As you pave the way with their corpses, only once in a while some monsters turn around and attack you.
  • After you gain a flowing income of gold, putting as much armor as possible is fun. Having a charisma of 35 also helps which makes every piece of armor 50 GP for buy and sell. However, on hardcore difficulty you pay more for total armor than the value of an “icon of defender”. Let me elaborate:
    There is a limit on how much armor you can put. On inferno difficulty, armor gives ½ of remaining armor for that slot. On hardcore it is ¼. For example; wearing one amulet (5 armor for fighter) gives 5*(1/4) rounded down = 1. Now fighter has 1 armor for amulet slot. There remains 4 points to put. Putting on another amulet gives 4*(1/4) rounded down = 1. Now fighter has 2 armor for amulet slot. If you wear one more amulet, that gives 3*(1/4) rounded down = 0. So you want to wear maximum 2 pieces of amulet for fighter, but more pieces of mesh armor or shield. Regardless, you dont want to spend too much on armor due to diminishing results because it exceeds the value for a single icon of defender. Therefore I suggest making the price of icon of defender much much higher to make buying so much armor a viable option. In my opinion, buying armor is a perfect money sink in the game. Buying “icons of defender” just cheapens the experience. Then again, glass cannon characters will still need icons of defender as armor reduced damage will still kill them, so maybe not make it pricy, I dont know. I think the best solution is making armor much more durable that well armored characters dont need an icon of defender.
    Please remember that "living steel amulet" and fighter’s ambit incant do nothing on the last three difficulties.
    Maybe throwing flasks left and right with impunity is also fun and good for spending extra money but I dont have an opinion yet. One day if I have patience I may play with an underwhelming character at hardcore difficulty and have to rely on flasks, then I will have an opinion.
  • Succubi at the last level of act one stood there and did nothing. Their boss in the middle of them just damaged the succubi.
  • Andariel died faster than most unique and some regular monsters.
  • “Amulet of cleansing” didnt work against her damage.
  • On hardcore, fighter’s concentration only works at max level (just like mage’s arcane shield)
  • I dont think it is necessary to remove cheats like noclip on hardcore, at least until a later version, in case we get stuck on an untested part of a level.
  • Even with low resolution, outdoor areas with trees lag. Maybe we dont need that many trees.
  • Apples that give bonus to a particular attribute can be redistributed with scroll of reversion but that is a good thing.
  • Hephisto: The Armorer didnt drop a bloodshard.
  • In e2m7 "jail" there is a carver within a pillar. I cannot reach nor damage him.
I dont exactly know your view on jumping action but considering this as a Heretic mod and general layout of levels, jumping feels inappropriate and rude :) So I consider it a bug when some neccessary movement can only be accomplished by jumping.
  • like in e2m8 "the monastery catacombs" the top step of the narrow steep stairs is so narrow that the character cannot move on it and hence cannot climb the floor without jumping
  • Some potions are unreachable without jumping but it is not important to search them out in my opinion.
Thank you again Irontusk for your time and effort for this beatiful mod. I had a wonderful home vacation thanks to Diablo 3D. Sadly I started working this week and have little time to play nowadays

Edit1: Due to hp scaling of spectres, almost every kill is a level up for me.
Edit2: As I feared, at the end of e3m2, the last door in front of end of the level didn't open, trigger lines at the side room didn't work either and since I was on hardcore I couldn't noclip my way out. Farewell my uber leveled hardcore fighter :(
Edit3: I will try Necromancer/Destruction/0.25xp
Edit4: That was too easy. Now trying Necromencer(Conjurer)/Torment/0.10xp
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

The E3M2 trigger point for the exit seems to be a issue with how triggers are done on steps... The Trigger point will be fixed for the next patch. I tried fixing the Specters HP Scaling issues that have been a problem since i put them in the game.. but they are still scaling high. In the meantime they could be good for XP farming.

the lag with the trees on low resolution could be due to the texture settings (resize mode and Multiplier) on Gzdoom.

im looking for ways to increase interest in play after act 2.. such as adding orbs every 2 maps that permanently increase intelligence by say +50 in hidden area's but you wont get it without one hell of a fight ill add Unique variants of monsters in hidden areas that drop this orb and their minions drop various loot. that would allow you to get uberly powerful as you progress.

Is +50 Intellect too much? Should i make it +25 and add gold?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”