IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZDL_800

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.0.0: Complete Game + Patch

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

This is great news! Going to test it out ASAP, I'll report back.

DiabloVR!!
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

IronTusk thankyou very much for the Classic Diablo3D.

Upon testing the VR, the first room you start in is solid FPS, but when you hit the first button to open the door, there's a massive FPS drop? It does recover after like 10 seconds but I cannot figure out why it tanks so much?

Also when you kill a hord of monsters there's quite a severe FPS drop, I think its the amount of blood everywhere so may I ask for permission to edit the brutal settings in the pk3 seeing as there's no options for turning down the blood. When most of the blood despawns from the map, the FPS recovers back to normal.

The HUD is excellent, It works in VR, the only issue is the lack of buttons in VR, I cannot actually navigate in the RPG menu, I have to use the keyboard.

If I could somehow strap some wireless pad to a holster I believe that would fix it, or something that's wireless with lots of buttons.

Irontusk its really freaky in the dungeons, legit scary! I nearly fell over when I walked down the stairs ingame.

So can I ask do you have any idea on how we could improve the FPS? It makes you feel really dizzy when the FPS dips. Maybe if the pk3 files were combined would that be a start?

So to debug the game, I loaded up the SteamVR profiler in the headset to monitor, and the log spikes with an application issue. The CPU and GPU never actually spike when the FPS drop occurs? I'm sure we can figure this out.

This could be the start of DiabloVR!

Thanks again Irontusk and hope to speak soon.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

ZDL_800 wrote:IronTusk thankyou very much for the Classic Diablo3D.

Upon testing the VR, the first room you start in is solid FPS, but when you hit the first button to open the door, there's a massive FPS drop? It does recover after like 10 seconds but I cannot figure out why it tanks so much?

Also when you kill a hord of monsters there's quite a severe FPS drop, I think its the amount of blood everywhere so may I ask for permission to edit the brutal settings in the pk3 seeing as there's no options for turning down the blood. When most of the blood despawns from the map, the FPS recovers back to normal.

The HUD is excellent, It works in VR, the only issue is the lack of buttons in VR, I cannot actually navigate in the RPG menu, I have to use the keyboard.

If I could somehow strap some wireless pad to a holster I believe that would fix it, or something that's wireless with lots of buttons.

Irontusk its really freaky in the dungeons, legit scary! I nearly fell over when I walked down the stairs ingame.

So can I ask do you have any idea on how we could improve the FPS? It makes you feel really dizzy when the FPS dips. Maybe if the pk3 files were combined would that be a start?

So to debug the game, I loaded up the SteamVR profiler in the headset to monitor, and the log spikes with an application issue. The CPU and GPU never actually spike when the FPS drop occurs? I'm sure we can figure this out.

This could be the start of DiabloVR!

Thanks again Irontusk and hope to speak soon.
if the brutal effects are causing the lag, you can go into the bat file and erase Brutal_Effects.pk3 and click to run. it should work smoother after that.
Edit 1: oh.... i forgot about the HUD... it uses the old WOC hud i think... not the new one :P since its an older version. oh and please... lock yourself in your room, no need to play russian roulette with the set of stairs and the headset. :P
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I tested 1.0.0 until the end of e3m2 with following results:
  • Exit door at he end of e3m2 still does not open. Also there are two yellow keys on that map.
  • Weapon pickup sprites are looking as fighter's weapons.
  • Unclimbable top stairs that you have to use jumping are still the same in e2m8.
  • Xp gain is same as older versions.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I tested 1.0.0 until the end of e3m2 with following results:
  • Exit door at he end of e3m2 still does not open. Also there are two yellow keys on that map.
  • Weapon pickup sprites are looking as fighter's weapons.
  • Unclimbable top stairs that you have to use jumping are still the same in e2m8.
  • Xp gain is same as older versions.
have you tried the patch? im looking at Gzdoom builder and i couldnt find any issues with the exit door on E3M2. however i did find 2 yellow keys, ones a dummy the other is real, that didnt effect the test and still completed it as normal. did you miss something? as for the weapons pickup sprites i dont understand your issue please elaborate. i thought there was a huge difference in XP gain. i cant go any lower due because an integer is needed for the xp code to work by default, decimals will not work, you still have to change it in the menu in game.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I created a dedicated folder just for D3D with GZDoom 4.2.0 and newest D3D files.
I can confirm it is the patched one since the missing sprites from previous versions are no longer missing. Also Heretic loading interface says it is Diablo 1.0.0.
I know my Gzdoom is not the latest one but do you think that is the issue? Also, can you describe the trigger that opens the passage so that I try a few more times?
Weapons pickup sprites issue is this: When I play as Mage I see Queitus on the ground, but when I pick it up it is actually Bloodscourge. I didnt test for other classes but for Mage, all weapons on the ground seem as their Fighter counterpart.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I created a dedicated folder just for D3D with GZDoom 4.2.0 and newest D3D files.
I can confirm it is the patched one since the missing sprites from previous versions are no longer missing. Also Heretic loading interface says it is Diablo 1.0.0.
I know my Gzdoom is not the latest one but do you think that is the issue? Also, can you describe the trigger that opens the passage so that I try a few more times?
Weapons pickup sprites issue is this: When I play as Mage I see Queitus on the ground, but when I pick it up it is actually Bloodscourge. I didnt test for other classes but for Mage, all weapons on the ground seem as their Fighter counterpart.
That pickup is strange.. I’m not sure how to duplicate that problem in order to troubleshoot. Hmm... when I get home from work I’ll go through E3m2 and do a video walkthrough.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Pickup sprites are not effecting gameplay anyways.
About E3m2, i always thought portal trigger was somewhere in the previous side room. If I am wrong, just tell me where to look.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:Pickup sprites are not effecting gameplay anyways.
About E3m2, i always thought portal trigger was somewhere in the previous side room. If I am wrong, just tell me where to look.
Actually you arent wrong... i found out why i went through it and you didn't, after a few runs, i realized my E button which i use to open doors is also my one of my skill buttons (to prevent ambushes) and i studied all my triggers, and found the last room on the left before the exit has S1 - Floor lower to lowest floor instead of W1 - Floor lower to lowest floor... Thats why i was trying to figure out your issue on that map... its been switched to W1 and ill upload a hotfix for that.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

did you test the hotfix. i uploaded it on the 11th?
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

oh, i didnt notice the patch on the 1st page is updated. I will try it tonight. it is morning now.
EDIT: yay, 'tis fixed
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:oh, i didnt notice the patch on the 1st page is updated. I will try it tonight. it is morning now.
EDIT: yay, 'tis fixed
it was updated in a rush, i had to get up early for work in the morning.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Coming SPRING 2020. Diablo 3D: Children of Hatred

Version 1.1.0

More Monster Variety
New Levels
More hidden areas to explore
More items to loot
Music Composed by me for those new levels (staying true to the Diablo theme)

Attachments
TDW.jpg
Keldian

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.0.0 & Patch (New Exp coming 202

Post by Keldian »

I tried to unpack the main archive with 7-Zip and got an error:
Data error: heretic_GODLY_TEXTURES.pk3
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.0.0 & Patch (New Exp coming 202

Post by irontusk341 »

Keldian wrote:I tried to unpack the main archive with 7-Zip and got an error:
Data error: heretic_GODLY_TEXTURES.pk3
7zip is notorious for unpack errors especially older 7zip versions.... i would use the latest version of Winrar.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”