IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.2: Expansion + Patch(HOTFIX)

Post by irontusk341 »

The problem is some new players are having are problems that have already been resolved... Either check the thread for troubleshooting. download the latest version of the mod, make sure you are using the latest version of WINRAR.. dont use outdated versions of other unzippers.... it will screw up the extraction. Also if your hud doesnt show up, Press "-" and "+" to decrease and increase the HUD, it will fix the missing hud.

also the old version of this game uses an old hud... all versions after 3.1 use the new hud. there is no godly ZAN bat file for 3.1 and newer because it does not work with Zandronum..
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello Irontusk hope you are good.

Just asking if you found out any updates on the ambient light sprites clipping into the walls? Did you manage to find any fixes?

Thanks again.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

ZDL_800 wrote:Hello Irontusk hope you are good.

Just asking if you found out any updates on the ambient light sprites clipping into the walls? Did you manage to find any fixes?

Thanks again.
Still working on a way to fix that... So far with not much success... one attempt actually broke something else in the code. So yea... in that regard its been a struggle....

IN other news... Sorry i been away for a over a week, im testing out the New Diablo 3 patch on the PTR server to get inspiration for my diablo 3D expansion (Sacrifice of Angels). So far.. i added a few mini bosses, like lycander, and phillios both are
angels who courted demons in sanctuary to create the nephalem. A few more mini bosses will be added. and The 7th Level called Pandemonium fortress is gonna be epic and massive. Probably the largest map ill ever make.

Lore
Spoiler:
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello Irontusk hope you are good.

That's a shame, I imagine the editing would be difficult, I'll create a new thread and request help from the experts, we know this didn't occur on the older versions of GZDoom so maybe we could submit a bug report to the devs?

The new expansion sounds epic!
Zentrom

Post by Zentrom »

Hello Irontusk.
I've played through the mod, and i've found it really cool and unique. I didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs,but i did encounter some bugs, which i thought i would share.
I've played it through using Gzdoom 4.1.3, with Mage class, Skill5 and i've also played a little in coop,skill5 (Fighter-Cleric combo). I don't know which of these only occur in this version of Gzdoom, or if it's relevant at all. I've downloaded and checked the "Burning souls having too high hp" in Gzdoom 3.5,and they did.
  • The player sprite for me only changed when i loaded a game in single, and died,but in that case it was 100%. It never happened when: started a single game and died, started a coop game and died, loaded a coop game and died. I was actually surprised that when you load a game in coop and die it didn't change.
  • Living amulet of steel accesory doesn't work at all.
  • Specter(+Burning souls) hp scales up way too much as you encounter higher leveled ones. At first they have like 10k(in ep2), then when you reach e5 they have like 80k. This can get annoying, because of the several immunities they also have in the first place. The map "River of flame" has like 100+ of them each with 80k hp.(when you're lvl 160 at least)
  • Act bosses should have more hp. Each of them do a fair amount of dmg,but their hp was always between 10k-20k. This was most obvious when in e5 Diablo had 18k,while his chaos knights had 50k each.
  • A miniboss "PlagueVile" in E4M2 had around 2M hp.
  • Cleric's bloodbuff skill on level1 kills you when you use it regardless how much hp you have.(it seems like it takes around 200% of your hp when it's level 1 and around 70% on lvl10)
  • Andariel's (e2 act boss) lingering poison damage lasts around 5 minutes. Also, the Amulet of cleansing accesory didn't make me immune to this at all.
  • If Mephisto (e4 act boss) has you in sight,he casts blizzard on you too frequently, and these blizzards stack causing a major performance(fps) drop.
  • The XP bonus you get from putting points in Wisdom might be too much. You level up much more frequently late-game because of this.(like after lvl100)
  • The 3 extra weapons you get(slot7,8,9) greatly outpower your class weapons.
  • The 2 items + the mage's skill,that turn enemies into chickens(pigs) work on MINIbosses aswell.
  • You lose your Armor so fast,that it just becomes pointless. Armor durability should be greatly increased in my opinion.
  • There could be more chests added.
  • Zealots in e4 didn't do any damage.
  • Burning archers were immune to ICE.
  • Some monsters(Blink variants,Zealots,Hellspawn,Melee Skeleton variants,Yeti variants for example) hp should scale a bit more. High leveled ones of these stay weak.
  • I couldn't trigger Maroon flasks to explode at all.
  • On map E7M3, the first house with 2 switches. The 2nd switch CLOSES the pathway you should follow.(it's open by default)
  • Corrupted rogue's hitbox is at the tip of their feet.(absolute bottom of sprite) There's autoaim by default,but that doesn't help in rare cases when their feet is covered by a stairstep or something.
  • Only Uber Duriel dropped a green Key in Uber Tristram, but Uber Izual and Lilith didn't drop keys.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Zentrom wrote:Hello Irontusk.
I've played through the mod, and i've found it really cool and unique. I didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs,but i did encounter some bugs, which i thought i would share.
I've played it through using Gzdoom 4.1.3, with Mage class, Skill5 and i've also played a little in coop,skill5 (Fighter-Cleric combo). I don't know which of these only occur in this version of Gzdoom, or if it's relevant at all. I've downloaded and checked the "Burning souls having too high hp" in Gzdoom 3.5,and they did.
  • The player sprite for me only changed when i loaded a game in single, and died,but in that case it was 100%. It never happened when: started a single game and died, started a coop game and died, loaded a coop game and died. I was actually surprised that when you load a game in coop and die it didn't change.
  • Living amulet of steel accesory doesn't work at all.
  • Specter(+Burning souls) hp scales up way too much as you encounter higher leveled ones. At first they have like 10k(in ep2), then when you reach e5 they have like 80k. This can get annoying, because of the several immunities they also have in the first place. The map "River of flame" has like 100+ of them each with 80k hp.(when you're lvl 160 at least)
  • Act bosses should have more hp. Each of them do a fair amount of dmg,but their hp was always between 10k-20k. This was most obvious when in e5 Diablo had 18k,while his chaos knights had 50k each.
  • A miniboss "PlagueVile" in E4M2 had around 2M hp.
  • Cleric's bloodbuff skill on level1 kills you when you use it regardless how much hp you have.(it seems like it takes around 200% of your hp when it's level 1 and around 70% on lvl10)
  • Andariel's (e2 act boss) lingering poison damage lasts around 5 minutes. Also, the Amulet of cleansing accesory didn't make me immune to this at all.
  • If Mephisto (e4 act boss) has you in sight,he casts blizzard on you too frequently, and these blizzards stack causing a major performance(fps) drop.
  • The XP bonus you get from putting points in Wisdom might be too much. You level up much more frequently late-game because of this.(like after lvl100)
  • The 3 extra weapons you get(slot7,8,9) greatly outpower your class weapons.
  • The 2 items + the mage's skill,that turn enemies into chickens(pigs) work on MINIbosses aswell.
  • You lose your Armor so fast,that it just becomes pointless. Armor durability should be greatly increased in my opinion.
  • There could be more chests added.
  • Zealots in e4 didn't do any damage.
  • Burning archers were immune to ICE.
  • Some monsters(Blink variants,Zealots,Hellspawn,Melee Skeleton variants,Yeti variants for example) hp should scale a bit more. High leveled ones of these stay weak.
  • I couldn't trigger Maroon flasks to explode at all.
  • On map E7M3, the first house with 2 switches. The 2nd switch CLOSES the pathway you should follow.(it's open by default)
  • Corrupted rogue's hitbox is at the tip of their feet.(absolute bottom of sprite) There's autoaim by default,but that doesn't help in rare cases when their feet is covered by a stairstep or something.
  • Only Uber Duriel dropped a green Key in Uber Tristram, but Uber Izual and Lilith didn't drop keys.
Thanks for pointing these out... I will look into these... it will push the expansion back a good bit, but my goal is to have this completely ironed out with the next Release (No Pun Intended)

Here are some things that were ment to be,

1. Burning dead's ice immunity was intended since its an undead species (if their melee variants are not, they will be in next patch). Despite being also immune to fire and poison.. Remember Undead foes are susceptable to Holy damage. They also still take damage from other types like lightning, Blood, and Arcane.

2. the extra weapons are ment to be successors to other weapons, one on par with bloodscourge dealing massive lightning damage, the other dealing massive Holy Damage. There still wont be a "Rainbow damage" Weapon as that would make the game way to easy. if there will be, i would set it where it costs a portion of your health or something, kinda like Paladin's Sacrifice Skill in D2 (Something worth considering)..

3. while the specter is supposed to have high HP due to its Ethereal nature, i will look into the runaway HP.

4. The Chicken pig effect on minibosses was ignored due to minibosses being still just stronger variants of normal monsters, Only Act Bosses are immune to Morph Effects.

**All others i will look into and fix as needed.**
Zentrom

Post by Zentrom »

Cool. No problem,take your time.
I just finished it with my buddy aswell, so here's some more that i found:
  • I couldn't complete map E3M2 properly,because the last wall that blocks the end of the level(mapchanger) didn't come down.
  • In E6, only M1 can be completed properly. On Uber-Tristam and CowLevel keys might or might not drop.(sometimes 2 of them dropped sometimes just 1). On the others (e6m2,e6m3,e6m6) either switches don't work, or doors don't open. I might have missed something,but i don't think so.
  • The projectiles of weapons on slot7,8,9 don't pass Cleric's shield wall.
  • Fighter's last skill,that gives you a chance to instantly kill might be a bit overpowered. I'm not sure what's the % chance on skillLvl 10,but it might be too high. Fighter is mainly a melee hero though, so maybe it's fine.
  • As soon as you get your 2nd weapon(doesn't matter which one), you can't switch back to your slot1 weapon ever again. It switches back automatically,but only when you lose all your Blue&Green mana + you don't have any other weapon besides slot1 that works without mana. Every slot1 weapon is pretty weak,so it didn't matter that much,but Hunter has a skill(and also a path) that's related to her machete, but her bow works without mana, so she can't ever switch back to it.
(I encountered the softlocks when i played solo aswell,i just didn't gather which maps.I only noclipped through the unpassable walls and went on)
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

I changed the skybox in the Desert Maps of Diablo 3D...

now it looks more "Authentic" https://www.facebook.com/nxxexxjxxm/vid ... 703770868/

Someone on facebook once asked me what do i plan to do after Diablo 3D... Well i thought about making a 3D version of the Soul Blazer SNES game. The 3D version would be significantly longer however. But its an idea, as i have others on the table as well, including an original RPG/FPS shooter idea using a huge variety of monsters.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Named a class of Spiders in Pandemonium Fortress after you Void Weaver. :wink:
Attachments
void.jpg
barosans

Post by barosans »

uumm a question, i must play the mod with doom 2 or other ?

some texture is missing
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

It's for Heretic.
barosans

Post by barosans »

despite that I have heretic, I still have missing texture
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

barosans wrote:despite that I have heretic, I still have missing texture
run the batch file. Either the Lite, Normal, or Godly version. Zan is for if you have Zandronum.

Lite for toasters or vintage pentium systems
Normal for laptops with bare bones video card
godly version for modern systems.
Attachments
batch.jpg
barosans

Post by barosans »

since my first post, i use the batch file and and I still have that = https://sta.sh/01x2wzay1qf2

this with the godly
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

barosans wrote:since my first post, i use the batch file and and I still have that = https://sta.sh/01x2wzay1qf2

this with the godly
one, did you download the patch as well? After you downloaded the main files? and Two have you changed anything in the bat file? if you downloaded the patch and you didnt touch the bat file in notepad, the only other explanation is below.

since you are the only one with this issue, it sounds like when you downloaded it one of the Pk3's got corrupted somehow..

Also.. As a Reminder too, please also... dont drag and drop files including the batch into Gzdoom to open it, that could cause issues as well. Everything you need to know how to run the game properly is explained in the Read me txt file. Thanks!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”