IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.4 + Patch!

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Has anyone tried 1.4 + the patch on Zandronum 3.0 yet???

If not, i found out why, and have a patch coming tomorrow to fix it... The Diablo 1 and 2 summon actors were having trouble with zandronum and i had to do some tinkering to get it to run. Hopefully it will work like it should.
Zandro seems really DECORATE unfriendly... it's don't take a lot of parametres, pointers, functions etc. even into simple CustomMissile. It's may unpredictable strongly cut off any actor writen for GZDoom.

I manage to "fix" Diablo (Hellfire) actor, but as result its attack was severely crippled:

Code: Select all

DISC M 2 Bright Fast A_CustomMissile("Apocalypse",0,0,0,CMF_CHECKTARGETDEAD,0) //,AAPTR_TARGET) - Zandro can't take it :(
Isn't critical, but this line:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 1 Bright A_BFGSpray("ApocalypseExtra",160,5)//,360,2048,90,0) - Zandro can't take this part too, WTF?! :( //damage assignment here
is important... Despite the fact that Di1 is elementary actor with simplest functions.

But more smart actors with complicate AI and abilities, such as Diablo (LoD) and Butcher, returns an SWARM of errors. :evil: Sorry dude, I won't fix them and I'll don't even try to write actors for Zandro compatibility, I am isn't good enough for that challenge. ((( To be honest, I didn't expect that all so bad.

As compromise solution you can try to make module bestiary only for GZDoom. Ofc, it will requires additional work.
Well, it is up to you.
I would have to create a separate RAR for Zandronum compatibility and one for Gzdoom. Until Zandronum becomes more Decorate friendly this will have to be the road ill take with this project..
irontusk341

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE + V1.5 Patch!

Post by irontusk341 »

A PATCH has been uploaded which includes bugfixes for Zandronum compatibility.

-CHANGES SINCE V1.45 patch-
1. Minor Texture fixes in E1M1 and E1M3
2. Added some cute little Quit messages that should sound somewhat familiar...
4. Fixed Yellow Key Bug in E3M6
5. Zandronum batch files added *you're Welcome*
6. Diablo Hellfire boss and Diablo 2's Diablo each had their decorate scripts fixed to work with Zandronum
7. Wrath of Cronos Decorate scripts fixed to work with Zandronum
8. Armor lighting effects removed for Zandronum Compatibility.

See Main Post for Patch file link..
Kagero

Post by Kagero »

Yeah, I tried with the scaling options too, still had no luck, the only one that seemed to do any visual change to any of the hud on screen was the one to change the text sizes for when you pick up items and gold and what not. I messed around with the all the various options sections for around an hour trying to get the hud to show up, so much so that I wound up having to restore everything to defaults several times haha. Not sure what the issue is.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Kagero wrote:Yeah, I tried with the scaling options too, still had no luck, the only one that seemed to do any visual change to any of the hud on screen was the one to change the text sizes for when you pick up items and gold and what not. I messed around with the all the various options sections for around an hour trying to get the hud to show up, so much so that I wound up having to restore everything to defaults several times haha. Not sure what the issue is.
it has to be an issue with the options of your Gzdoom or Zandronum whichever you use... You might have to make a new folder install a fresh copy of Gzdoom 3.4, or zandronum 3.0 and then put in the main diablo files with the patch.
Also food for thought, some people in the past tried dragging their pk3's and wads into gzdoom.exe... This is a really bad idea with this TC mod, as it can produce unstable and unpredictable game play results.

Check your scaling settings does it match this below... Also, is The Alternative Hud set to OFF
Attachments
ALTERNATIVE HUD SET TO OFF
ALTERNATIVE HUD SET TO OFF
SCALING OPTIONS
SCALING OPTIONS
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Beware, Hero! A new beast has comes for your soul... Now with fancy visual effects and destructive stuff.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Gzdoom 3.4.1 was released today... Works great on it.

Tal-Rasha's Tomb
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B78F031

Area where Duriel is.
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5BB63A66
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Hmm. Where is your Frost Shards; Is it has been replaced with one of your Rare weapons?

And how Duriel did manage to freeze you at distance?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Hmm. Where is your Frost Shards; Is it has been replaced with one of your Rare weapons?

And how Duriel did manage to freeze you at distance?
i added an ice missle because i wanted to make it challenging :P
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE + V1.6 PATCH

Post by Zenon »

I made the mistake of running Iron Tusks GODLY
I wish I had known beforehand that the game freezes whenever you gib a heretic imp flying above you.
I'm now on E1M4, and if I wish to play the game without the brutal effects, I have to start all the way at the beginning because I can't load my save due to a different number of ACS.

It started at E1M3 and after a full level of having to savescum and restart the game, I'm over it
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Zenon wrote:I wish I had known beforehand that the game freezes whenever you gib a heretic imp flying above you.
I'm now on E1M4, and if I wish to play the game without the brutal effects, I have to start all the way at the beginning because I can't load my save due to a different number of ACS.
So that wasn't just me. I had that very same thing happen while using the LITE version, but I saved it in the spot at the beginning of that map. Still, I got tired of trying to keep that from happening only for it to freeze every time. By the time I got to that area, the fighter barbarian was too strong to reliably avoid gibbing those guys.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Not everyone is experiencing your issue, some people in this thread made it to episode 4 already without the gib crash. It seems the crash has to do with the settings on the Texture options menu.

One of the solutions is, Turning off nashcore blood in Wrath of croons options may eliminate this problem.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

irontusk341 wrote:Not everyone is experiencing your issue, some people in this thread made it to episode 4 already without the gib crash. It seems the crash has to do with the settings on the Texture options menu.

One of the solutions is, Turning off nashcore blood in Wrath of croons options may eliminate this problem.
It's always been turned off
If I play without the brutal effects pk3, the game slows to a crawl with no input whatsoever
On one hand, it's the only thing letting the game run, but it's also (I assume) what's causing it to crash.
Last edited by Zenon on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Zenon wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Not everyone is experiencing your issue, some people in this thread made it to episode 4 already without the gib crash. It seems the crash has to do with the settings on the Texture options menu.

It's always been turned off
If I play without the brutal effects pk3, the game slows to a crawl with no input whatsoever
On one hand, it's the only thing letting the game run, but it's also what's causing it to crash.
Then it’s your system not the game. It doesn’t make sense that the game is slower without brutal effects.
What Diablo 3D version you running anyway.. curious? Because the latest is 1.6 + Patch. which was posted last night on mediafire. There are no heretic Imps in E1M4 as of 1.6 +Patch.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

I have made various, variations of the diablo s0prite resources you, and Aheretic uploaded. For instance The Yeti now has 3 different variants, Yeti, Jungle Beast, and Abominable and Fallen now has Fallen, Carver, etc.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

irontusk341 wrote:
Zenon wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:There are no heretic Imps in E1M4 as of 1.6 +Patch.
There are still some of those in the Crypt of Na-Krul.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”