IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V2.5 PATCH *expansion coming soon*

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Guys, those "pesky numbers" are just WoC health points income\outcome indicator.
Integer shows absolute value of taken damage or health replenish, and fractional number in parentheses shows the same value but as percentage from current max hp.
And no, it's doesn't toggleable unfortunately.

2irontusk341:
Glad to see that you return to work on. )
Btw, edit both "Goto Death+23" lines on "Goto Death+22" in "Death" state of Reanimateds, otherwise they would autorevive only once.
I’m attempting to tweak their damage as well, since they have a tendency to 1HK even on a fighter when they charge at you.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Yep, I tired a bit to balance their damage too, on the other hand, the Charge of Reanimateds and Vipers was one of the deadliest attacks in Diablo 2 and easily presented a “robe of the dead” to hardcore players. :|
But anyway levers to control of "Charge" damage is very simple:

1. all "A_SetUserVar("user_chrgdmg",user_chrgdmg+" lines are respond for damage increasing with each step during running,
2. and this line "RHAT C 1 Bright A_Explode(15+(random(2.82,3.56)*user_chrgdmg),65,XF_NOTMISSILE,0,65)" respond for final Charge-out damage.
Also in this line "RHAT C 0 A_RadiusThrust(250*user_chrgdmg,Meleerange+10,RTF_NOIMPACTDAMAGE|RTF_NOTMISSILE,Meleerange+10)" their user_chrgdmg counts as multiplier for thrusting power.
Goodluck with balancing. ^_^
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Diablo 3D has been updated to 3.0

Check the first page for links to the updated version, and see the patch notes, There were a LOT of changes and is *Authentically* the closest version yet of my mod to the Diablo Series..
Ichor

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V3.0: with The Heart of Evil Expan

Post by Ichor »

Using the lite version, the blood scepter idle frame is a yellow ghost at the top left of the screen. Also, the pickup sprite is the ghost as well. The firing frames seem alright though.

irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

I found the issue... its a decorate script conflict... Easy fix... i can patch it.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Also, I noticed that the enemies in the Butcher's map have an unusually high resistance. Their health is about the same as earlier and later enemies of the same type and they don't seem to be hitting any harder, but I was doing about a quarter of the damage to everything there (like roughly 8 damage per sickle hit to a skeleton where in other places, it was somewhere in the 30s for each hit). I had to unload all of my blue mana using on the Butcher, buy some more mana to maximum, and then unload all of it again until he died.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Ichor wrote:Also, I noticed that the enemies in the Butcher's map have an unusually high resistance. Their health is about the same as earlier and later enemies of the same type and they don't seem to be hitting any harder, but I was doing about a quarter of the damage to everything there (like roughly 8 damage per sickle hit to a skeleton where in other places, it was somewhere in the 30s for each hit). I had to unload all of my blue mana using on the Butcher, buy some more mana to maximum, and then unload all of it again until he died.
It all depends on how you spend your stat points and skills... i checked the monsters in the butchers Lair and the butcher has no resistances, the Skeleton Archer takes poison damage at Half the rate of normal, same with all undead enemies, this is intentional... As for Damage by them, this also scales with level, so if you put all your points into Constitution, they will deal the same amount of damage as they would when you first start out.. But you would do less damage because your sickle increases damage when stat points are put into strength.. Like in the original Diablo game.

A great rule of thumb, is that in the first few acts demons and undead are weak against holy damage, undead are also weak against fire (except Burning Dead)... Demons are weak against ice damage, and beast/human resistances to Holy damage.. etc.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

I don't mean the skeleton archers. I mean those melee skeletons that you see early on in the first map. Also fallen and zombies. For instance, the zombies in the first couple of maps don't take many hits...maybe 4 or 5 with the sickle. In Butcher's Lair, it could take upwards of 8-10 hits, maybe more. In the Poisoned Well (the map you can go after beating the Butcher), the zombies actually take a little less to kill than in maps before Butcher's Lair because of the higher level I am at that point. It only seems to be in that one map that I'm noticing this. In the maps immediately before and after, the enemies are normal.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Some other things I've noticed:

1. Undead Griswald still has over 2 million health.

2. The chaos curse doesn't seem to work at all. I've had all of the curses maxed and when I used chaos on some enemies, no one else tried to attack them. Not even once from what I saw. I finally decided to respec it away and change to poison for that skill slot.

3. The cattle prod seems rather slow firing, and the alt fire has that strange first shot before the mana draining barrage, which makes it kind of hard to use. It could be a bit faster and that first alt fire shot could be removed.

4. I found the gold wand, which is basically the elvenwand. It uses no mana and has no slot number to select when I change weapons.

5. The Wizardspike (slot 9 weapon) should use blue mana instead of green, since the slot 7 and 8 weapons also use blue and green mana.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

The cattle prod works as i intended it be. The gold wand is an Easter egg nod to the original heretic, which this mod is based from. I tried duplicating the undead griswald hp, and only has 43,000hp. Not sure how you managed to get that. As for the chaos curse, the game is fully compatible with Gzdoom 3.6, 3.7 will show bugs but it’s still playable.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Kind of odd about the cattle prod, but ok. As for the elvenwand, maybe you could put it in slot 2 and make it selectable and use no mana. It could be used by the classes that don't have many ranged weapons like the fighter. It's not very strong, so it shouldn't throw off the balance much. I think I was using 3.7pre, so it's possible the chaos curse got broken in that version. I suppose I could go to 3.6, but I don't know what will happen to the save games. If nothing happens, then good. Otherwise, I'll just continue on like before.

By the way, who is working on Wrath of Cronos (the actual mod) now?
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I'm using 3.7.2, it's playable, didn't found something serious broken...but I wonder the monsters will respawning after a while is normal, because I found it annoying, yes, it'll spawn some goodies so it's not problem but just annoying, even in first level (E7M5), I'm not sure it's new feature or happens on higher difficulty(played on Skill 4 and 5)? I stupidly enabled the Director system from WoC options...never mind about that...
Ichor wrote: By the way, who is working on Wrath of Cronos (the actual mod) now?
Still Thetis, he came back from MIA not long ago and updated WoC to 2.2, Diablo 3D 3.0 based on WoC 2.2 now.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

The cattle prods main fire to me seemed like a “sniper” type of weapon and the alt fire like a mini gun...

Somewhat similar to the performance of the M14EBR.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Ok, after finishing the game (including the cow level and uber Tristam) as the necromancer, I've noticed some other things:

1. The reanimated horde is by far THE most annoying monster there. The charging and stunning would probably be less of a problem if they just stayed dead, or at least revive themselves only once. Also, their corpses are solid, which blocks my path many times. I was enjoying the game until I got to the Frigid Highlands where they first show up. Also, every time they die, they leave behind 2 green manas without fail. I've seen places where the whole floor is literally carpeted with green mana.

2. The council members hover in the air when they die, probably due to a sprite misalignment.

3. Ultra Izual also has over 2 million hit points. Well, it's closer to 3 million.

4. I came across another odd wand from Pandemonium Diablo called the boneflame. This one is a melee weapon and it's a lot stronger than the gold wand. However, it too can't be reselected if you change weapons.

5. The wand of embers (something something Woh) is in slot 0, but I never came across it. However, when testing it, it seemed awfully weak for such a slot 0 weapon, which I would assume the really super special, ultra powerful weapon goes. At least, that's what it was like in AEoD, heh.

6. The Horadric staff alt-fire shoots out a projectile and explodes in a shower of gibs (from the projectile, not any monsters), but I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to do.

7. The Wizardspike doesn't have an alt-fire, and then neither does the Woh staff, which I missed (unless it's not in the actual game).

8. I'm not sure what all of those apples do.

9. When you buy a map, it will say you have too much, though you still get one. Maybe you could also add scanners to the shop as well. It's a Strife item that shows all things in the map (like using IDDT twice) for a while. It would be useful in the really large maps for hunting down those last few enemies that you overlooked.

10. It seems that if you freeze an boss, the 666 tag doesn't trigger in some cases. In the Crypt of Na-Krul, I froze the boss and killed all enemies, but the bars blocking the exit didn't lower.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Ichor wrote:Ok, after finishing the game (including the cow level and uber Tristam) as the necromancer, I've noticed some other things:

1. The reanimated horde is by far THE most annoying monster there. The charging and stunning would probably be less of a problem if they just stayed dead, or at least revive themselves only once. Also, their corpses are solid, which blocks my path many times. I was enjoying the game until I got to the Frigid Highlands where they first show up. Also, every time they die, they leave behind 2 green manas without fail. I've seen places where the whole floor is literally carpeted with green mana.

2. The council members hover in the air when they die, probably due to a sprite misalignment.

3. Ultra Izual also has over 2 million hit points. Well, it's closer to 3 million.

4. I came across another odd wand from Pandemonium Diablo called the boneflame. This one is a melee weapon and it's a lot stronger than the gold wand. However, it too can't be reselected if you change weapons.

5. The wand of embers (something something Woh) is in slot 0, but I never came across it. However, when testing it, it seemed awfully weak for such a slot 0 weapon, which I would assume the really super special, ultra powerful weapon goes. At least, that's what it was like in AEoD, heh.

6. The Horadric staff alt-fire shoots out a projectile and explodes in a shower of gibs (from the projectile, not any monsters), but I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to do.

7. The Wizardspike doesn't have an alt-fire, and then neither does the Woh staff, which I missed (unless it's not in the actual game).

8. I'm not sure what all of those apples do.

9. When you buy a map, it will say you have too much, though you still get one. Maybe you could also add scanners to the shop as well. It's a Strife item that shows all things in the map (like using IDDT twice) for a while. It would be useful in the really large maps for hunting down those last few enemies that you overlooked.

10. It seems that if you freeze an boss, the 666 tag doesn't trigger in some cases. In the Crypt of Na-Krul, I froze the boss and killed all enemies, but the bars blocking the exit didn't lower.
1. The horadric Staff does holy damage, and any non-demon/undead monsters are immune or resistant to it.

2. Wand of woh and the fire crystal are rare items, and can only be dropped by either in uber tristram or the cheat command.. Slot 0 is bugged however and i cant seem to get it to work right in testing, with any mod i use for some reason,

3. Wizard spike doesnt have alt fire yet, but im looking on adding it with a ice breath type of fire, where it just fires like an icy flamethrower...

4. The map issue, is a wrath of cronos issue that is having problems with Gzdoom 3.7, but Thetis will probably look into that part.

5. The uber monsters do have extremely high hitpoints, but depending on how much damage you do by the time you face them, i may or may not change them for balance... but if it takes too long to kill them, and other people have issues with it, then i could lower it.

6. The Reanimated horde was difficult to incorporate into the mod, Void Weaver and i were working on getting them to work without so much issues.. But as for reanimation, or resurrection, they do work as intended, like the original game.

7. The council members, i cant figure out why that bug is back... i thought i fixed that... unless when i reloaded the pk3 from a backup when i lost the original, i overlooked that...

8. All of the bugs will be addressed on the next patch.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”