IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Void Weaver

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.2

Post by Void Weaver »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote: 3. It was reported before that upon switching weapons, you can't return to the weapon in slot 1.
It's an intentional trick for avoiding of Sapphire Wand abusing. You will regain access to Sapphire Wand each time as soon as your manapools are empty.
Cherno wrote:I'd like to add that the spectres are very annoying. They are not dangerous but they can only really be hurt be fire magic apparently, which for me as a Hunter, costs magika to use with my fire arrows and once I run out I have to hide and wait for my magika pool to replenish slowly. Of course, spectres always come in big groups :3:
irontusk341 wrote:i can separate them, but the immunities were intentional.
Just increase damage for them, they will becomes are very funny instead of annoying.
irontusk341 wrote:I changed damage modifiers for the difficulties instead of damagefactor 0.5 for normal and 2 for Destruction. its now 1.0 for normal and scales all the way up to 2.5 on destruction...
Wow! It's awesome and challenging feature. But what about balancing? I mean that new game on destruction will be near impossible to melee-oriented characters.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Spark doesn't seem to be doing any damage.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

AvzinElkein wrote:Spark doesn't seem to be doing any damage.
Some monsters are immune to lightning damage.. EDIT: i did do a test on a brand new character and the bug seems to go away after you get the spark level up to 3. im gonna look into the code and see if i can fix it.
SallazarSpellcaster wrote:Hello.

I've been playing version 1.2 and I found a couple bugs.

So far I'm at map 2, and I'm a level 12 Sorcerer, playing with the Godly version.

1. Mana Charge drains your magick, but it doesn't, well, charge your mana.
2. Skill HUD icons are gone, I don't know if that's intentional or a bug.
3. It was reported before that upon switching weapons, you can't return to the weapon in slot 1.

Other than these, so far it's been really good, and it captures that dark Diablo feel.

As a suggestion, if I may, and same goes for Wrath of Cronos (since I saw you intend to release your edited version,) is there any possibility to have a magick potion, or an item that restores magick for all classes? As it is, other than the krater of might, only the mystic ambit incant restores magick, and that's only for the mage. In keeping with the Diablo theme, Diablo 2 had stamina and mana potions, trade stamina for magick and a yellow potion should fit well with the rest.

Edit:

I changed the Wrath of Cronos version that comes with the download, which is wrathofcronosr2, with wrathofcronosr2c2 (renamed as ...r2) and the mana charge and hud bugs I reported above are gone. So far things seem to be working well.
i uploaded a complete redo of the Wrath of cronos pk3 file... you can get it from mediafire here. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ra5blsanq ... nosr2D.pk3
the player hud is fixed, the enemy health bar works like it should, and the difficulty levels have been balanced and work like they should.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Void Weaver wrote:
SallazarSpellcaster wrote: 3. It was reported before that upon switching weapons, you can't return to the weapon in slot 1.
It's an intentional trick for avoiding of Sapphire Wand abusing. You will regain access to Sapphire Wand each time as soon as your manapools are empty.
That's too restrictive - the fighter/cleric can use their 1st weapon on melee mobs to save mana...why should the mage be banned from doing so?

If you're really worried about the wand, then you could nerf it to being limited-range. (which is what I did in Serpent's standalone weapon-only mod)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
Void Weaver wrote:
That's too restrictive - the fighter/cleric can use their 1st weapon on melee mobs to save mana...why should the mage be banned from doing so?

If you're really worried about the wand, then you could nerf it to being limited-range. (which is what I did in Serpent's standalone weapon-only mod)
Yeah, restrictive but quite interesting imho. Maybe because Mage is... Mage? Image If talk seriously you probably could finish whole game with using of SWand (and skills ofc) only.

Your method is fine too, Serpent Master; hope what irontusk will try to realise an other way to prevent SWand abusing. As another else variant might to try write a some like "cooldown" state\script for SWand usage.

2irontusk341:
Don't forget to fix Spec system please; hope you manage to did it.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote: Your method is fine too, Serpent Master; hope what irontusk will try to realise an other way to prevent SWand abusing. As another else variant might to try write a some like "cooldown" state\script for SWand usage.

2irontusk341:
Don't forget to fix Spec system please; hope you manage to did it.
Technically the Spec system was never broken since the version of WOC i fixed was pre-2c2..
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

In E3M3: The Maggot Lair, after killing the maggot boss, I'm stuck in the area. There is a stone block with what appears to be a switch texture, but I can't activate it. On the left is a rock pillar that hides a teleporter, I assume the switch would make the pillar go down so one can exit the area via the teleporter?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Cherno wrote:In E3M3: The Maggot Lair, after killing the maggot boss, I'm stuck in the area. There is a stone block with what appears to be a switch texture, but I can't activate it. On the left is a rock pillar that hides a teleporter, I assume the switch would make the pillar go down so one can exit the area via the teleporter?
Thanks for letting me know, i did look at the map on DB and i found there is no action tag for the switch... i will fix that and add a proper tag. in the mean time you can bypass the pillar with the kitty command and disable the command when you touch the teleport to exit the level...
ReddThePyro

Post by ReddThePyro »

Tried out the mod. Its pretty interesting so far. But aside from that, I ran into a bit of a bug while playing as a paladin. By around e1m4 , I grabbed a Que-Hegans Scepter and I could not switch back to the paladin's melee weapon at all.
Spoiler:

The only way I could go back to using the Paladin's melee is by using up all the mana I have.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

ReddThePyro wrote:Tried out the mod. Its pretty interesting so far. But aside from that, I ran into a bit of a bug while playing as a paladin. By around e1m4 , I grabbed a Que-Hegans Scepter and I could not switch back to the paladin's melee weapon at all.
Spoiler:

The only way I could go back to using the Paladin's melee is by using up all the mana I have.
its that way with all the classes... and the fault lies in the Wrathofcronos2.pk3 file....

When Thetis made the WrathofCronos2.pk3 he felt that people would abuse the Sapphire wand so he made it where you cant switch to the first weapon for all classes. Me, WorldendDominator, and Void Weaver were just talking about that and see if there is a way around that.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:
Spoiler:
its that way with all the classes... and the fault lies in the Wrathofcronos2.pk3 file....

When Thetis made the WrathofCronos2.pk3 he felt that people would abuse the Sapphire wand so he made it where you cant switch to the first weapon for all classes. Me, WorldendDominator, and Void Weaver were just talking about that and see if there is a way around that.
0_o Obviously you are very very mistakes about this... To be honest I thought that it's YOURS cool anti-exploiting feature and ONLY for Mage's SWand using. Well, if isn't so, then it's a bug apparently. Because I has check Thetis's "wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3" again and found that the 1st weapons (de-)selects without troubles in the same time while you have mana.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:
Spoiler:

0_o Obviously you are very very mistakes about this... To be honest I thought that it's YOURS cool anti-exploiting feature and ONLY for Mage's SWand using. Well, if isn't so, then it's a bug apparently. Because I has check Thetis's "wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3" again and found that the 1st weapons (de-)selects without troubles in the same time while you have mana.
maybe i was thinking of the wrong thing....
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:
Spoiler:

I couldnt find a fix for that.. Not sure what would be causing it, unless.... now that i think about it, it has been doing that since diablo 3D 0.8 when i added Rare Weapons to the drop loot system.
Void Weaver

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.4!!!

Post by Void Weaver »

Seems to be true. There is no block of 1st weapon in your early versions. It was happen somewhere between 0.5 and 0.8 betas.
irontusk341

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.4!!!

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Seems to be true. There is no block of 1st weapon in your early versions. It was happen somewhere between 0.5 and 0.8 betas.
im going to look at the decorate scripts of all my rare weapons and do some tinkering... I'll let you know if i find a solution.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”