IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.5(Exp PATCH)

Post by irontusk341 »

ZDL_800 wrote:No, I made a new Mage weapon 1, from the standard Hexen low res sprite, I cant play Diablo coop with the Hexen wand. Hope you like it, I'll send you the update in msg.
it does look pearly, i think it would be perfect.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Brilliant! Sent you over the files, if you have any spare time Irontusk would you kindly load Diablo with 4.1.1 GZDoom and check the torches, look at the flickering shader effect on the ground, its perfect.

Now load up Diablo on the recent 4.4.2 GZDoom, look at the torches again, they look like strobe lights? Also they have Zfighting bugs on the walls with overlapping light sources, look at the doors with a torch on either side.

I even tested 4.2.4 and its the same issue, even disabling all bloom and light effects makes no difference I'm afraid?

I even tried to load up the 4.1.1 brightmaps.pk3 with the newer versions of GZDoom, still the same issue.

Thanks again Irontusk.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

UPDATE on Diablo 3D's Endgame Patch

With help from ZDL_800, and others in the gzdoom community, We are taking a 3 pronged approach in the launch of the Endgame patch, One that will update the VR version to fix a few bugs, One that will hopefully fix the Missing HD Texture issue in the newer version of Gzdoom and address certain Lighting issues as well, and finally adding more variety of content such as Champions, elites, and turning semibosses and level bosses into Unique's etc.

The Release of Endgame will probably be pushed back to September while all the bugs, compatibility and other things get ironed out. (no pun intended)

Have a good July, Stay Safe Everyone.
Exibius
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

One of my favorite projects of all time. Diablo? Check. Wrath of Cronos? Check. Combine them with mechanics from both, and online Zandronum coop-compatible. Need I say more? Hosted 3 different servers of varying difficulties on TSPG, those servers were booming with activity. People seemed to really dig it. I stopped hosting them for a bit, since I'll wait for the endgame patch for the majority of the bugs to be fixed in the meantime. Keep up the good work.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

id like to compile a wishlist for the endgame patch, if anyone is interesting in adding to the project, such as more weapons, Variety, and an actual Item menu similiar to diablo. Im working on adding Reflections in Endgame for more immersion.
Exibius
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Exibius »

irontusk341 wrote:id like to compile a wishlist for the endgame patch, if anyone is interesting in adding to the project, such as more weapons, Variety, and an actual Item menu similiar to diablo. Im working on adding Reflections in Endgame for more immersion.
Reflections sounds good. I'd like to contribute on the Online Zandronum Coop side of things, with your permission or if I'm allowed, not sure. Basically just contribute a couple things that would make it better online or make things feel more like an RPG. On high skill levels, lower level characters have a real rough time, and around skill 4 it's a challenge until quite a few levels in and then it's not really a challenge anymore. I was thinking of revamping the monster immunities / resistances / health scaling / damage scaling to more fit along the lines of real Diablo, since the boss fights feel real good if they were set on a more "epic" scale, without being entirely tedious. I jacked up the woc_monsterhealthscale to make up for it and it feels pretty good having bosses real beefy, but I'd like to make it more "dynamic" where you feel stronger with all the gems, runes, etc. but while having the monsters not be a complete pushover, including bosses. I know I could run this at skill 8(?) which I believe is the highest, but then other things such as extremely low mana reserves, mana charge not being a thing, cleric's sacrifice doing so much damage it instantly kills him (possible bug from damagefactor?) kind of just makes it harder and causes everything to instantly kill you instead of it making it feel like an actual balanced "dynamic" RPG. I got some thoughts in my head but obviously I'm asking if I got permission to do something like this.

Speaking of online compatibility, I made an ACS script lightly based off of D64 Retribution's "cutscenes" (credits to Nevander) involving some zandronum client "hackery" if you will, as a standalone patch, that allows those intermission dialogs to play through in online servers, since in single-player, standard intermissions obviously don't appear, and it's a lot better than just running through different themed maps without having any idea or dialog to explain and follow the story. Plays back like "Legend of Zelda" dialog, so it can be instantly thrown onto the screen and then skipped mid-dialog for the people who don't care and can just get back to playing. Obviously should only be used online. The text formatting is a little bit weird here, since this was a real quick "rough draft" of sorts. But figured I show it, and see what you thought of it.

DrR0Ck

Post by DrR0Ck »

I got this running recently - can't wait to dig in.

Question: You include ShadowCasterTex.WAD but it's not referenced in the startup BAT files. Does this get loaded (if so, where in the load order?), or is it an artifact from an older build?

Also, I can confirm that the Brutal_Effects.pk3 file included in the godly build is incompatible with Vulkan rendering.

Thanks!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

DrR0Ck wrote:I got this running recently - can't wait to dig in.

Question: You include ShadowCasterTex.WAD but it's not referenced in the startup BAT files. Does this get loaded (if so, where in the load order?), or is it an artifact from an older build?

Also, I can confirm that the Brutal_Effects.pk3 file included in the godly build is incompatible with Vulkan rendering.

Thanks!
Shadow was combined with Mageslayertexpack.wad, so the original shadowcastertex.wad is a relic of an old version now. unfortunately Brutal Effects can only run on OpenGL on Gzdoom only at the moment. As for the ingame quest text that was posted earlier, I do like the format, just wish the text could change to the Diablo Font. but looks good overall. The endgame expansion is taking a good while, while me, ZDL_800, Void Weaver and a few others volunteer to try implementing more content such as an inventory hud, and a new Health/magic Hud similiar to the original diablo games, and more diablo Sprites etc, and then working out any bugs before its released.
AndrewMRX
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AndrewMRX »

D3d with PBR materials.

irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

AndrewMRX wrote:D3d with PBR materials.

Now THAT... is beautiful!
Valken

Post by Valken »

Insane... beautiful!
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V1.1.6 Experimental Patch

Post by irontusk341 »

Valken wrote:Insane... beautiful!
PBR will be integrated in the 1.1.6 Experimental Patch.

The Patch is up, Let me know of any bugs or glitches you find.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello Irontusk hope you are good.

Just trying to download the patch or any version and the host site apparently has removed it? Looks like this DtecNet, Inc is responsible from the page.

Who the hell would remove this mod? Some corporate shitbag.

Quote ''Well, looks like we can’t go any further

The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service.

This file has been taken down on 2020-10-31 by:

File Name: Diablo3D Version 1.1.6 FULL.rar (2.07 GB)

Company: DtecNet, Inc.
Email: *******************@ap.markmonitor.com
Address: 50 California St. Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94111''
ChrisHighwind
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ChrisHighwind »

Can confirm, seems someone took down the Diablo 3D 1.1.6 files. I don't recognize DtecNet as a Bethesda or Activision company, so it's probably a copyright troll.
knocturnal_one

Post by knocturnal_one »

Could anyone share the 1.16 files who has downloaded it please?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”