[WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Kinsie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:49 am

Now this is the kind of feedback I was dying for! Thanks for the words Enjay, they've given me a few things to chew on.

Yeah, the Hell Knight didn't quite feel right, to be honest. Maybe something more akin the Death Knight from Quake would have fit better? The Doom monsters probably would have made more sense in NULL04 if it ever comes to fruition, since it was going to be some kind of city or town in Hell.

I never thought to tie destroyable stuff to secrets... that would have been a great idea. I'll have to remember that.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Miru » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:59 am

Finally tested this thing, and;

* I like the sheer Sega CD-ness of the atmosphere in the game.
* I think a flashlight item could help with the sheer darkness of the levels.
* I like the monitors shown.
Miru
 
Joined: 22 Apr 2015

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Kinsie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:35 am

Videos of this project have been recorded, so now you don't even have to play it. (Unless you want to see the lame secrets...)





This project will not be resumed, although its lessons shall be carried forth.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby DabbingSquidward » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:16 am

Sad. I really enjoyed the 3 map teaser and was looking forward for more. May it be revisited in the future or not, I enjoyed playing it hopefully as much as you enjoyed making it.

The concept of portals/non-euclidian geometry was really cool and you managed to seamlessly make it part of the story.
User avatar
DabbingSquidward
 
Joined: 08 Nov 2017
Location: Germany

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Captain J » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:20 am

Okay, kids. Gather around! I'm about to tell you what happens when you put Doom, Goldeneye, and Marathon in the Cornucopia all together. They'll merge into this fantastic secret agent themed TC, NULL: Face to Face. It's very fascinating to go through the evil corporation using zombies and demons as their personal-pleasuring pawns and trying to stop their ambition once and for all. I read some info on random terminals i found and it was worth it. Impressive mapping, Kinsie-Approved high quality sound effects, and fun interaction with the NPCs too. Certainly recommend this TC if you're a big fan of Goldeneye but it's all Doom!
Spoiler: And here are some feedback and suggestions of mine. Take a deep breath!
And that's about it. Thanks for reading the all of it and looking forward to it!☆
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby will183 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 am

Captain J wrote:Okay, kids. Gather around! I'm about to tell you what happens when you put Doom, Goldeneye, and Marathon in the Cornucopia all together. They'll merge into this fantastic secret agent themed TC, NULL: Face to Face. It's very fascinating to go through the evil corporation using zombies and demons as their personal-pleasuring pawns and trying to stop their ambition once and for all. I read some info on random terminals i found and it was worth it. Impressive mapping, Kinsie-Approved high quality sound effects, and fun interaction with the NPCs too. Certainly recommend this TC if you're a big fan of Goldeneye but it's all Doom!
Spoiler: And here are some feedback and suggestions of mine. Take a deep breath!
And that's about it. Thanks for reading the all of it and looking forward to it!☆


Uhh just letting you know, kinsie did kinda cancel this project. so uhh.
will183
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The land down under

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Captain J » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:43 am

Aw Shit. Couldn't read the thread with extra detail. But it's just my thought after playing the TC. But this might be kinda educational for other modders.
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby willkuer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:54 pm

FYI:

;)
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Captain J » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:00 am

Glad people like icarus dug this one out and are atill remembering this ol jewel. I still don't know why it has to ne discontinued. But was worth to sink me teeth in!
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Ravick » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:02 pm

I totally miss this thread! I got here just because I've just watch Icaru's video. :o

It is sad that real interesting mods just like this one got canceled. This is top notch, Kinsie. I wish one day you can back working on it.

And, no, the time you've spend on it was not in vain, IMO. I can't tell why you got so sad about it, saying this is haunted and all, but, let me tell you, this gave me some real 'joy' time playing it. You've made a real nice work there!

I'd wish I could had find this thread before the mod is dropped, so I could play it and give some feedback, and maybe even help with the motivation issue. I'll show it to friends that play Doom but don't have accounts in English forums. I'm sure they'll enjoy it as much as I did. :)
User avatar
Ravick
Do what thou wilt, since you don't bug the hell out of me!
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Location: Tubarão, Brasil

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby Kinsie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:59 am

Ravick wrote:I can't tell why you got so sad about it, saying this is haunted and all
External circumstances, both IRL and online, kind of tainted matters. Things have been changing since I tied the ends off this thing, but not necessarily for the better, so I can't necessarily say that I'll ever return to this - while I had big plans, a solid vision and actual prototypes for the fifth and final level, the fourth is kind of nebulous and poorly-defined - but at the least, something will emerge from the lessons learned to take its place. At this point, though, all I can really see are the flaws and undercooked bits, so I doubt this'll see the finish line unless I can corner a collaborator (increasingly unlikely)

I appreciate the kind words, though.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Postby will183 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:43 am

Kinsie wrote:
Ravick wrote:I can't tell why you got so sad about it, saying this is haunted and all
External circumstances, both IRL and online, kind of tainted matters. Things have been changing since I tied the ends off this thing, but not necessarily for the better, so I can't necessarily say that I'll ever return to this - while I had big plans, a solid vision and actual prototypes for the fifth and final level, the fourth is kind of nebulous and poorly-defined - but at the least, something will emerge from the lessons learned to take its place. At this point, though, all I can really see are the flaws and undercooked bits, so I doubt this'll see the finish line unless I can corner a collaborator (increasingly unlikely)

I appreciate the kind words, though.


It is most certainly a very interesting TC, despite being unfinished. If this ever gets finished i can see it being a pretty good TC, it has quite a bit of promise.
will183
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The land down under

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], irontusk341, Viscont23 and 4 guests