Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - IDGAMES RELEASED v.1.0 - UPDATE in 2023?

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jazzmaster9

Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - IDGAMES RELEASED v.1.0 - UPDATE in 2023?

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Jazzmaster9 Presents:

This is 16 Level Wolfenstein TC for Doom 2, it's a sequel to Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny.
This Total Conversion is a homage to my favorite Wolfenstein 3d mods, specifically WSJ's Project: Eisenritter, and all the WolfenDoom TCs throughout the years.
I hope you enjoy playing this Wolfenstein adventure.

Get Psyched!

Your feedback, suggestions and bug reports are highly appreciated and will help this become a better project.

Thank you.

Idgames: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/theme ... d/wolf_mhd
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8hvuvvu89953 ... d.zip?dl=1

Here are some screenshots!
Spoiler:
Last edited by jazzmaster9 on Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:55 pm, edited 15 times in total.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.1

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Judging by the Screenies, this is going to be Wunderbar, ja!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Played the first mission tonight. Pretty cool so far! I definitely liked it better than Shadows of Destiny's first mission.

One thing that puzzles me though is the new sprite for the Chaingun/Minigun. Why change it? Is it based off a real-life weapon? It looks rather odd.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote: One thing that puzzles me though is the new sprite for the Chaingun/Minigun. Why change it? Is it based off a real-life weapon? It looks rather odd.
The New Chaingun is based on the Multi Cannon Shredder from Spear Ressurection. It is also the Weapon the SuperClone carries in Shadows of Destiny.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wohooo, another one :)
Korell

Post by Korell »

Nice, wasn't expecting a download for this just yet. Only played the first level so far.

Anyway, just a couple of questions. What additional controls are needed for this, compared to Shadows of Destiny? So far I've noticed that you appear to need inventory controls for the portable medkits, but is everything else the same? If so then I should be able to use the same config file for both Shadows of Destiny and Machines of Death. Also, will there be an overarching name to the series itself, for which part 1 is Shadows of Destiny and part 2 is Machines of Death?
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

I loved Spear Revisited so I'm itching for more WolfenDoom and will be very happy to play this and Shadows of Destiny!
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Korell wrote:Nice, wasn't expecting a download for this just yet. Only played the first level so far.

Anyway, just a couple of questions. What additional controls are needed for this, compared to Shadows of Destiny? So far I've noticed that you appear to need inventory controls for the portable medkits, but is everything else the same? If so then I should be able to use the same config file for both Shadows of Destiny and Machines of Death. Also, will there be an overarching name to the series itself, for which part 1 is Shadows of Destiny and part 2 is Machines of Death?
thank you for downloading. :)
Machines of death uses the "Use inventroy item" for its portable medikit, it does not have other inventory items so no need to bind for item switching.
Gamma64

Post by Gamma64 »

Another Areyep-style mod; I might start frequenting this forum more often!
Looks excellent, by the way.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

This actually really good i'm getting eisenfaust origins and totenkopf sdl vibes from this especially with the gas traps after grabbing certain keys.
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Loving your work, dude. I was wondering, do you have any plans for making any RoTT style maps or mods. We haven't had anything really since Return of the Triad from 7(!) years ago.

Regardless, like I say, loving your work. Thanks for sharing the OG love. :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Played through the first few maps and I have to say that this is brilliant, really. It feels like true successors to the oribginal Wolf 3D. Congratulations on that, can't wait for episode 3 :)
Korell

Post by Korell »

Okay, I've played a fair bit now (I'm on the 10th level, The Black Forest). So far it has been great and I've not seen any gameplay bugs, but I did spot a typing error in one of the text screens (behind a spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to know any of the plot):
Spoiler:
The only other thing is a question regarding the autoaim. What do you recommend setting it to? Normally I use autoaim=0 and a full mouselook, but as this mod is designed to be like Wolfenstein 3D I don't have the full mouselook and I've set autoaim=3 (so very low, as the scale goes from 0 to 35). However, I think this has contributed a little to some accidental POW kills where they are near an enemy soldier. So do you have any recommended setting or is autoaim=3 okay? And is it designed so that some accidental POW kills are to be expected?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Played through the first few maps and I have to say that this is brilliant, really. It feels like true successors to the oribginal Wolf 3D. Congratulations on that, can't wait for episode 3 :)
Thank you for playing Torm :) Im glad you are liking the series so far. BoA was my inspiration to start these projects.
Korell wrote:Okay, I've played a fair bit now (I'm on the 10th level, The Black Forest). So far it has been great and I've not seen any gameplay bugs, but I did spot a typing error in one of the text screens
Thank you for finding that, good eye, Ill be sure to fix that in the next release
Korell wrote:What do you recommend setting it to? Normally I use autoaim=0 and a full mouselook, but as this mod is designed to be like Wolfenstein 3D I don't have the full mouselook and I've set autoaim=3 (so very low, as the scale goes from 0 to 35). However, I think this has contributed a little to some accidental POW kills where they are near an enemy soldier. So do you have any recommended setting or is autoaim=3 okay? And is it designed so that some accidental POW kills are to be expected?
This game was tested with the default values for Autoaim and No vertical mouselook so thats what I would recommend.
There are ways to avoid POW kills, be sure to keep lure firefights away from crowded areas if needed.
Outtagum wrote:Loving your work, dude. I was wondering, do you have any plans for making any RoTT style maps or mods. We haven't had anything really since Return of the Triad from 7(!) years ago.
Thank you for the support.
If I ever make a Rise of the Triad TC it will be in the style of Wolfenstein 2: Rise of the Triad.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.1.1

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Uploaded a minor update
- Fixed some Typos
- Fixed some misaligned textures

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”