SCP 087-B Doom Version V0.3 (On hold, back burner project)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NachtIntellect

SCP 087-B Doom Version V0.3 (On hold, back burner project)

Post by NachtIntellect »

Warning:
This mod contains jumpscares, loud sounds and at one stage a jumpscare includes flashing lights so if you are either epileptic or are faint of heart, this is not for you, you have been warned.

Introduction:

The SCP in SCP Foundation stands for "Secure Contain Protect" which essentially sums up the foundations intentions they aim to secure, contain and protect anomalous objects which they classify as SCP's and sometimes destroy those a threat to humanity but most of the time SCP objects are studied if they can be (For more information about the SCP Foundation, visit this site here it's basically a role-play site).

SCP-087-B (Created by Regalis/Joonas Rikkonen) is an unofficial spin off game of the stairway simulator named SCP-087, SCP-087-B is filled with seemingly endless dark hallways that give the player a sense of claustrophobia and has intent of jump-scaring the player so yeah that's basically it, you go down some hallways get jump-scared but in the Doom Version I have added some new rooms to the existing ones found in SCP-087-B some which force the player to think before acting rather than just straight up jump-scaring.

(As per V0.3 the label at the start gives you more information about SCP-087-B by pressing use on it)

Download here.
(The latest version is V0.3)

A small preview from a friend before his PC froze, this is recorded on V0.3.

Spoiler: Things you might want to know
Spoiler: screenshots
Spoiler: credits

Code: Select all

Changelog as per V0.3
- Ambient noises will now play in the background
- There is an interactable in the entrance where the label is that allows the player to learn more of a backstory about SCP 087-B
- There are now footsteps for the player
- Implemented Entity 2 (Don't look at me guy) currently experimental looking to improve later on
- Added in a new room variation, I will let you guys figure out which room the variation is of
- Players can now skip the intro entirely at the new game menu
- 1 New room
- Glimpses will now spawn faster
- Changed Glimpse height in order for it to stare the player in the face
- Glimpse1 and Glimpse2 can now spawn further away and stay for a longer duration
- Entity1 jumpscare now stays for slightly longer period in tics now also plays a sound during spawn
- Entity 2 now spawns in a certain place instead of entity 1
- Various changes to maze rooms, again
- Added in a credits section to the wad
Changelog as per V0.2.1:
- Fixed a ticker issue where the glimpses would not spawn in front of the player because they were being refreshed before even spawning
Changelog as per V0.2:
- There are now 4 new chase sequences, you may be able to outwit some of these if you pay attention
- Gibberish appearing randomly to every floor after 38
- Changes to 2 of the new maze rooms making it slightly more difficult to traverse
- Players can now be jumpscared by glimpses spawning in front of them
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:59 am, edited 34 times in total.
NachtIntellect

Re: SCP 087-B Doom Version V0.3

Post by NachtIntellect »

Hey guys so I have been editing the original post like crazy and well today is the day I release V0.3 which is here there is also a bit of the readme improvement I highly recommend checking it out now unfortunately I will not be able to post a new version next month so instead I will release it the month after I will attempt to study up on batch files before that time.

And a changelog for those wondering what is new.
Spoiler: Changelog
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Some more preview footage of an updated version. Thankfully my computer didn't freeze this time.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Thank you for the footage Clownman, hey everyone just letting you know that this project is officially being put on the back burner as it has been for a while, this does not mean I will not come back to this project and try to complete it. What this does mean is I am pushing it aside to work on my first somewhat original mod that has been on my mind for most of this year, a lot of my day seems to be dedicated to thinking about it and I just can't take it any more it's gotten to the point where I really want to do it, see how far I can get on my own and then enlist some help. I do not know whether to call it a TC or not, all I know is that I have to iron out the crap first, find out what works and put that into a demo.

Now I did have a build for this project which I have code-named "Eternity Blitz" initially but a few months ago I encountered an inescapable windows 10 bug known only as the blue smiley face screen of death and like a dumb-dumb I did not pull out the hard drive to extract it's contents before putting system restoring or back up my data in general (Due to my nature, I often forget a hell of a lot and I should not, this is bad I cannot even say I am sorry because that's so big of a mess up).

During that time I was also working on V0.4 of SCP 087-B, it was pretty extensive too so much that I can only remember a few features such as Floor 100+ content the deepest, darkest pits of SCP 087-B that drove me insane trying to get past some of the puzzles and traps it was really fun and also spoopy (I lost many hours of sleep no, not from working on it but because I felt like I was going insane from working on the mod. I am pretty sure my neighbours heard my evil laugh I wonder how I got so damn attached to the mod).

I appreciate your patience with me and I promise that after a demo of "Eternity Blitz" which could take more than 6 months, I will update this wad again.

Regards your favourite dumb, NachtIntellect.

P.s if anyone is reading this at any given time, I am planning a new update. It will address some of my issues with this mod as well as add in some new gameplay elements.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”