The Edge of Time - TPC (Beta 1.9r1 "Contra")

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Re: The Edge of Time - TPC (NEW E3M6 Screenies, Pg.3)

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Those shots look really cool. Definitely looking forward to complete E3.
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - TPC (Beta 1 out now, check OP)

Post by FireSeraphim »

The Edge of Time has finally left Alpha and has entered the Beta phase, please check it out, comment and critique it.
Spoiler: Beta 1 Changelog

Beta 1 Download link can be found in the opening post!
galvahad

Post by galvahad »

I can't seem to get the Beta open. What do I use for this one exactly? I tried GZDOOM with Doom Launcher.
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

@galvahad: Are you using the latest revision of GZDoom? (ideally it should be 3.6.0 or later)
galvahad

Post by galvahad »

Well that worked, that was silly of me. Thanks!
Master O

Post by Master O »

FireSeraphim wrote: Yes, This is the third time I have attempted to remake this old project of mine.
Yes, I am also aware of my track record for failing to release stuff I'm working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbPSf2JwrE

Icaruslives has reviewed your mod.
vddicted

Post by vddicted »

Master O wrote:
FireSeraphim wrote: Yes, This is the third time I have attempted to remake this old project of mine.
Yes, I am also aware of my track record for failing to release stuff I'm working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbPSf2JwrE

Icaruslives has reviewed your mod.

I saw the review and i agree with a lot of points that Icarus made.

Don't get me wrong OP, i loved your mod, but i made some changes...(please don't hate me)

I uploaded and Edited version that removes the Pickup effects, both from coins and from Powerspheres, it's better on the eyes now :D

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mGbcxZ ... sp=sharing
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

@vddicted: I don't hate you, I just disagree with flat out removing the pickup and power flashes since it kinda removes a bit of visual polish, I am going to go with reducing the visual intensity of the powerup's color and making the treasure pickup flashes transparent, that will resolve the two problems he noted without sacrificing polish. Polish and good gameplay is kinda important in making a mod like mine having a snowball's chance in hell of standing out in comparison to the insanely stiff competition I'm going up against. Also allow me to let all of you guys in on a secret: One of the handful of core inspirations for my mod is classic Konami arcade games.

@Master O: Thank you for notifiying me. Also I noticed your tiny Big Core Mark I avatar.
vddicted

Post by vddicted »

FireSeraphim wrote:@vddicted: I don't hate you, I just disagree with flat out removing the pickup and power flashes since it kinda removes a bit of visual polish, I am going to go with reducing the visual intensity of the powerup's color and making the treasure pickup flashes transparent, that will resolve the two problems he noted without sacrificing polish. Polish and good gameplay is kinda important in making a mod like mine having a snowball's chance in hell of standing out in comparison to the insanely stiff competition I'm going up against. Also allow me to let all of you guys in on a secret: One of the handful of core inspirations for my mod is classic Konami arcade games.
hey, thanks for taking notice on my changes... and i agree with you, polish is an important step to making a mod like yours, i'm not good at making art/sprites, i just messed up the things that kept me from playing futher.

I really apreciate your work, and i'm looking forward for the updates :D
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - TPC (Beta 1 Revision 1 out now, check

Post by FireSeraphim »

@Vddicted:Thank you

Anyways, I have just got done uploading a new revision of beta 1 and I would deeply appreciate critique on the gameplay and maps of the current beta. You can find the newest version in the opening post as always.
Spoiler: Beta 1, Revision 1
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - TPC (New Beta 1.3 out now!)

Post by FireSeraphim »

Spoiler: Beta 1.3
You know, the recent image restrictions are going to be kinda hard to work around. Anyways the newest version of the Mod is in the OP as usual. Also the mod currently has a total of 25 maps, not bad so far.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Looks fun. :D The music sold it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

FireSeraphim wrote:You know, the recent image restrictions are going to be kinda hard to work around.
Even though the restrictions pretty much amount to "please use thumbnails and don't embed huge images"? :?
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - TPC (New E2M6 Preview)

Post by FireSeraphim »

These are thumbnails by the way.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: The Edge of Time - TPC (New E2M6 Preview)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Devbuilds cause a crash
Spoiler:
while GZDOOM 3.7.2 is okay.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”