The Edge of Time - TPC (Beta 1.9r1 "Contra")

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZZYZX

Re: The Edge of Time - The Producer's Cut (Alp. 4.8r2 Update

Post by ZZYZX »

FireSeraphim wrote:the underlying problem being that GZDoom Builder does not support arg0str outside of hexen for actors that inherit from the breakable pottery from hexen
//$Arg0Str

Also: does it mean that you've found a way to read arg0str in scripts?
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

No. I had to edit to arg0str in slade's map editor. Please re-read what I said.
I can't do much about episode 2's maps due to the way the pottery from Hexen is implemented, the underlying problem being that GZDoom Builder does not support arg0str outside of hexen for actors that inherit from the breakable pottery from hexen, so I end up having to edit the pottery and their drops in SLADE3. there's also a secondary problem where if I save a map that has the pottery with SLADE edited arg0str's in GZDoom Builder, GZDoom Builder will delete all the arg0str's I placed on the maps and it's a real pain in the arse to deal with since quite a few of E2's map have hexen pottery and/or actors that inherit from hexen pottery)
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Ok, sorry, had to read few times to find the most significant part. "outside of hexen". Probably will be fixed eventually.
This is not trivial, because if I just add Hexen actors to Doom configuration, it'll result in broken nonexistent actors being present in the list.
Also: you should still try specifying //$Arg0Str on your DECORATE/ZScript actors that inherit pottery. That should make GZDB-BF allow you to edit arg0str there. It even allows editing arg0str for completely unrelated actors like that.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Spoiler:
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

@Doomenator: You're not supposed to play it without the corresponding maps for E1 and E2, which are stored in TEOTPC_E1_MAPS.wad and TEOTPC_E2_MAPS.wad. Your video is a gross misrepresentation of my mod by virtue of your deliberate use of the "Doom 3 Mr. Smilyhead's Safari" partial conversion and what I can see is a sound replacement pack. I do not appreciate your subtle mockery because now people will get the wrong idea regarding what this mod is about, thanks to you.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

First of all, I highly doubt that Doomenator's video was an attempt to "misrepresent" your mod.

Secondly, even if it was, your response only encourages him. By expressing displeasure at an alleged troll, you're only encouraging them, because negative attention is still attention they want, in their view. (That is, assuming anything you are saying is provably true)

Thirdly, running other mods alongside your's is an option of his that he is perfectly free to do, and if a user chooses to do so, that is their own problem, not your's. If he wants to make videos on it, that's also his choice. Your only option is to DMCA strike him if you don't like it, and that will require registering your copyright and possibly defending it in court. That will additionally require that you've authored a significant portion of the original resources in your mod, because if he counters it, he can easily sue you for perjury if the content is not in fact your's.
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - The Producer's Cut (Alpha 4.9 Out Now

Post by FireSeraphim »

CHANGELOG
  • Episode 1 and 2's maps are now packed into the PK3 due to obvious reasons ( :x )
  • The Fist has finally been replaced with a new melee weapon; The machete, which has a longer reach, faster damage per second and better damage overall than the Fist.
  • The BerserkSphere has been tweaked to account for the Fist being replaced.
  • Reduced the tracer damage of all Former Human, Former Sargents, Former Assault Troopers, and Former Commandos to be less OP and much more fair.
Please play through the mod, critique it and keep an eye out for a potential preview of episode three.
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - The Producer's Cut (Alpha 4.9 Out Now

Post by FireSeraphim »

and now for a preview of the first map of episode three of The Edge of Time, with actual gameplay footage that actually more properly represents the gameplay. To clarify, this isn't a gameplay mod (as a certain someone would mislead you into believing) but a partial conversion of sorts.
FireSeraphim

Re: The Edge of Time - The Producer's Cut (Alp. 4.9r1 Hotfix

Post by FireSeraphim »

CHANGELOG (for this little quickfix-y revision)
  • Shotguns dropped by shotgunners only give 4 shells now (shotguns placed on the map still give 8 shells)
  • The small shotgun shell pickup has been tweaked from giving 4 shells to 3 shell (the graphic for the small shell pickup has been changed to reflect this)
  • Fixed a couple of missing player start bugs in E2M3 and E2M5
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

FireSeraphim wrote:@Doomenator: You're not supposed to play it without the corresponding maps for E1 and E2, which are stored in TEOTPC_E1_MAPS.wad and TEOTPC_E2_MAPS.wad. Your video is a gross misrepresentation of my mod by virtue of your deliberate use of the "Doom 3 Mr. Smilyhead's Safari" partial conversion and what I can see is a sound replacement pack. I do not appreciate your subtle mockery because now people will get the wrong idea regarding what this mod is about, thanks to you.
I just demonstrated an additional version of the gameplay. If you don't like, I can delete my post and the link under my video to this topic.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

how do i use the coins?
Arghonn

Post by Arghonn »

Pretty sure they're just for score.
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

@Arghonn and Shadstarm:
  • A rather unique scoring system coded by Zhs2 and PhantomBeta,
    where you get a random powerup once you get the amount to trigger a score bonus.
    Inspired by the scoring system used in classic Konami arcade games
I have to assume that you're not familiar with the scoring system and how it ties into gameplay. Depending on the difficulty when you reach the amount required for your first score bonus you'll get a random powerup. Subsequent score bonuses require a fixed higher score amount than the initial score amount required for your first score bonus and will also award a random powerup.

For example on Ultra Violence you'll get your first score bonus at 30,000 points, subsequent score bonuses require you to get another 200,000 points every single time. Each score bonus has a chance to award one of four powerups, either a Turbosphere, an InvulnerabilitySphere, A RegenerationSphere or a DoomSphere. This alone should convince people to actually go after the coins and treasure, as well as killing enemies. You'll never know when a score bonus will trigger and turn the tide of battle!
Arghonn

Post by Arghonn »

I can't believe I completely forgot about the score bonuses.
FireSeraphim

TEOT - PC (New screenshots, page 2)

Post by FireSeraphim »

Spoiler:
A preview of E3M3. There's not much I have to say other than the fact that the level's name is Joyeuse.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”