[QZAND] Alphatius - A PVP-Focused Total Conversion for Q-Zandronum

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
auratoostronk
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[QZAND] Alphatius - A PVP-Focused Total Conversion for Q-Zandronum

Post by auratoostronk »

SUMMARY
After 6 years of creation and fine tuning, ideas added, put through the ringer, and scrapped, Alphatius is finally here.
Inspired by Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament, Alphatius brings the Arena FPS genre to a new level in the Doom Engine.
Currently featuring 7 fresh new weapons, with unique alt-fires, 18 maps, abilities, bot functionality and more, Alphatius brings new skills to the classic genre.

TRAILER

GAMEPLAY

Discord:
https://discord.gg/MqXv8FkCmX

Download ALPHATIUS (Q-ZANDRONUM 1.3 version)
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/js6lq5i6 ... yhlds&dl=1

Get Q-ZANDRONUM, a multiplayer port for ZDoom:
http://qzandronum.com/en/

Download ALPHATIUS Old version (ZANDRONUM 3.1 verision)
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... lease2.pk3

Get Zandronum, a multiplayer port for ZDoom:
https://zandronum.com/
Last edited by auratoostronk on Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Arctangent

Re: [WIP] Alphatius - Competitive Deathmatch Mod

Post by Arctangent »

I don't really get the point of the classes. They don't really add all that much, especially when you have mobility abilities on the guy with the most health and cover his weakness while still retaining his strength. There's just ... nothing to them.

The light, medium, and heavy class kinda makes me think of Dystopia, but that's kinda discrediting Dystopia because the classes in that had a different weapon selection, and the lighter your class the more augments you could utilize both in number of options and number of augment slots. So light guys actually had a lot more mobility and utility than the others, since they were the best scouts and hackers, whereas heavies had objectively the best head-on combat ability but weren't very versatile.

'Course, I dunno if you can translate that into this thing, since Dystopia was team- and objective-based, so utility and alternative playstyles fit nicely into it, while this is just free-for-all deathmatch. It'd probably make more sense to drop the classes entirely unless you do them closer to TF2 or Overwatch, but focused more on providing a bunch of different, mutually exclusive playstyles over what team-based roles. Or I guess Quake Champions would be a better fit in that case.
auratoostronk

Post by auratoostronk »

I agree with you completely. My plan is to eventually add six player classes, with weapons that each conform to that class's role. Also, I'm planning to make the game less deathmatchy and more objective-based in the future. What I have here is just a small portion of everything I have planned. If you'd like to see what I have and hope to implement, here's this:

EDIT: Dead link taken out of here

Let me know what you think of that if you get the chance. Other than that, I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks, and have a nice day!
Last edited by auratoostronk on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auratoostronk

Post by auratoostronk »

Update! Alphatius has been released for Zandronum! Also, I have a server up and running on Doomseeker using TheSentinel'sPlayground (TSPG). Feel free to join us (just search Alpahtius/auratoostronk)!
auratoostronk

Re: [WIP] [1.2] Alphatius - Competitive Deathmatch Mod

Post by auratoostronk »

Working on a big update for Alphatius! Take a look here:

Pictures:
Spoiler:
Features:
Spoiler:
Note: These features are not available yet, but will be implemented in the next version.
auratoostronk

Re: [WIP] [1.2] Alphatius - Competitive Deathmatch Mod

Post by auratoostronk »

Slight change of plans for the new update. For one, while the new map looks sick, it doesn't really have a great layout for a deathmatch map like Quarry does. So, it will not be included in the new version. Also, the Gravity Grenade Launcher and the Thermite Shotgun are quite ugly right now, and I've been more focused lately on polishing up what I already have. So these will probably be released in a later version. However, that's the only bad news: The two new player classes are implemented, as well as the reload system, and Thruster Boots works in all directions. Only things left are improving Jet Pack's maneuverability, adding a few crystals to Quarry, and adding the crouch stop. If you'd like to test with us, feel free to hop on our server on Doomseeker by searching:
"[TSPG] Alphatius - Competitive Deathmatch Mod (auratoostronk)"
Thanks, and stay posted!
auratoostronk

Re: [WIP] [1.8] Alphatius - Competitive Deathmatch Mod

Post by auratoostronk »

Alphatius 1.8 is out! A lot of the earlier posts are irrelevant now as the mod didn't have a very clear direction at the time. I may toy around with player classes at some point in the future but for now, I think the mod is in a really healthy state.
auratoostronk

Re: [1.9] Alphatius - Competitive Deathmatch Mod

Post by auratoostronk »

1.9 Released! New video, new map, added weapon mods. Lets GO!
auratoostronk

Re: [ZANDRONUM] Alphatius v1.13 - Competitive PVP mod

Post by auratoostronk »

Bumping as v1.13 has been released!
auratoostronk

Re: [QZAND] Alphatius - A PVP-Focused Total Conversion for Q-Zandronum

Post by auratoostronk »

R E L E A S E D!!!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”