Dismantled (Standalone) [Expansion launch on Halloween 2020]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Dismantled (Standalone) [RELEASED✓]

Postby BigProjectAlone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:22 pm

I'll be releasing a major update for Dismantled on Halloween, for better experience of the original game + a brand new expansion pack that will continue where Dismantled left off..

Changelog for the update to this day:
Spoiler:

BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby Solid-Head » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Hype ! Can't wait.

BigProjectAlone wrote:For those who have played to the end.. Describe your experience with Dismantled, what have you liked... and disliked, im interrested to know your thoughts.. i want to improve my works.

I finally manage to finish it. Did 2 ending only because I was still on the release version. Man I got quite the bang for my bucks. The game is way longer than I anticipated. It hit me when i first got to the forest. Game is good, its a solid 7.5/10 for me. Story is your average B horror flick but I think that was the point. Gameplay itself was ok. There's not much that I can see how it can be improved without altering the combat too much drastically. Perhaps beefier sound and better camera shakes would do the trick. Game was hard,but never felt unfair.

My favorite moment was when you have the mask device on you. My overall favorite part was the first third. I think the ''puzzles'' were somehow better and I like the little secrets thing like the blood on the walls. That was what get me hype when you release the demo. Big area,lots of stuff to explore, secrets and 2 ending depending on what you what you find and where you go. Unless I missed something there is somehow less of that feel in later part of the game, where its way more linear. Also I was very dependent on the map on the latter part because everything become very mazey. Other than that, I didn't regret buying it. I'm glad to see that we'll get another patch + brand new expansion along with it.
Solid-Head

Postby BigProjectAlone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:59 am

Hi!, Thanks a lot for your comment it's really much appreciate, and i'm really happy to know you loved it!! I hope you will enjoy the expansion too, it is meant to be quite the same lenght as the original game, and with same amount of possible endings. The update is also quite major, my good friend Darsycho made a launcher for the game and i edited many things in the codes.. the overall experience will be much better.
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Postby BigProjectAlone » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:42 am

New devlog for Bittersweet Misery you can read it here (interresting stuff!): https://bigprojectalone.itch.io/dismant ... nsion-pack
BigProjectAlone
Boss

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects