Dismantled Director's Cut (Standalone)[Released on Steam]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BigProjectAlone

Re: Dismantled (Standalone) [DEMO RELEASED]

Post by BigProjectAlone »

Looks like i missed one that was out on november 02 HMM !!
New playthrough in first post, interesting enough! the guy found the way to the bad ending! :D

EDITED:

I noticed that many peoples is having trouble entering the vents, i will release another version that will fix that problem.
BigProjectAlone

Dismantled V.0.3.0 Is out :)

Download it here!:
https://gamejolt.com/games/Dismantled/293771

Changelog: http://puu.sh/ylqaA/d670c8c6e2.txt
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

Awesome work again!
Spoiler:
I found that a ceiling lamp at the end of the tunnel where the foot bridge room is, is no longer attached to the ceiling. Other than that, nothing else found that sticks out! Keep it up man I love this!
BigProjectAlone

What ?? a lamp is no longer attached to the ceiling .. damn i will have to take a look at this hmmm.
And thanks again for your comments and also for playing my friend !! i really appreciate :D.

EDIT:
Lamp problem fixed.. i dont know how i managed to miss this one :shock: . Thanks for the report !!
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

This is one among many mod I played that I consider 'Is this made on Doom engine?' Excellent use of 3D platforms and sprites!
The cons I found IMO is the map is a bit too dark. You may consider adding a portable light device, maybe a flashlight or even a zippo lighter. Also, you can greatly boost the immersion by adding footsteps (check out TheZombieKiller's Footstep mod)
R4L
Global Moderator

Post by R4L »

NantoCodd wrote:This is one among many mod I played that I consider 'Is this made on Doom engine?' Excellent use of 3D platforms and sprites!
The cons I found IMO is the map is a bit too dark. You may consider adding a portable light device, maybe a flashlight or even a zippo lighter. Also, you can greatly boost the immersion by adding footsteps (check out TheZombieKiller's Footstep mod)
I second this :)
BigProjectAlone

Thank you very much!! :D. And yes i know about the footstep code from Zombiekiller, i used it on my other mod "Mortila" but for "Dismantled" i would have to do my own footstep sounds OR found some that are copyright free. It will be added to the full release later ;) .

EDIT:

Just to say that if you wonder about the new version V0.3.1. Its just for fixing the floating lamp and nothing else. :)
It is also writen in the changelog that you can access through the first post.

Thank you !

EDIT:

First post updated, i found 3 more playthrough videos so i added them.
spoone

Post by spoone »

It won't start.I click on the exe and it does nothing. It goes to a command prompt then exits.
BigProjectAlone

Preview Trailer for Dismantled, full game should have been released this Halloween but i did'nt got the time to edit it. So for this year instead i decided to show some stuff.

R4L
Global Moderator

Post by R4L »

BigProjectAlone wrote:Preview Trailer for Dismantled, full game should have been released this Halloween but i did'nt got the time to edit it. So for this year instead i decided to show some stuff.

Oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I thought this project died but I'm so glad it hasn't! Can't wait!!!
BigProjectAlone

Hey! thank you for the comment i'm happy to see people are still watching for it, it's been quite a while now since demo release. I'll never let this project die.. i think it's my best work so far and yes the full release should be ready next halloween for sure, I still hope it will be as good as you're expecting. :D
BigProjectAlone

UPDATE:
Hey! It's been a while since the Demo release... I thought i would have finished it for last year Halloween... but it's finally happening. I wanted to let you know that the full game release is pretty much completed. I'm at the final testing stage... no release date announced yet though, i'll let you know when i fix a date.

Things have changed a bit:
-In-game menu to store items & files.
-Explore the asylum and the surrounding to discover bits of the backstory.
-Old school savegame mechanics. (Typewritter+Ink Ribbon style)
-Many puzzles to solve.
-4 Possible different ending.
-3 Different difficulty levels.
-Many Secrets to uncover..

In-game menu (Better quality in-game):

Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Awesome...
You might not remember me but we had a little Conversation about your awesome mod ...
I absolutely love it ...holy you'll finish it ..

Any idea when I can get a release date ?

Also ..I create a small channel at the moment.. Maybe you take a look... I would really appreciate to see you around...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr67b63rdgI
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Also funny ...Just a few hours ago I thought..man it would be awesome to get finally a real horror mod where you can't walk around guns blazing...but have to fear the enemies and watch your step ...
BigProjectAlone

Hi Ferretmanjcdenton! I'm sorry i don't really remember... :( And for the release date i'm not sure yet but i'll post here & on the other Dismantled game pages to make sure everyone know when the date will be fix. And for sure in Dismantled you can't shoot everywhere you want, ammos are limited and if you run out of ammos some enemies become almost impossible to kill .. you have to manage them wisely. I really wanted it to feel like those first Resident evil, where you had to manage ammos if you wanted to survive to the end etc ...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”