Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:07 am

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:hey ImpieTwo, how bout suggestions for later versions like full enemy sprites in rotation time after time, just saying

No one's ever really been able to do that adequately, and I'd rather spend my time and energy on something else now.
ImpieTwo

Postby doomjedi » Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am

Love this mod, very fast paced, big open spaces, retro nostalgia, meaningful settings, interesting missions, 90s action feel, everything you want from a mindless shooting rampage.
Really well done.

Using Doom art in a TC for me is a no-no, but it's just personal preference, art is too connected to doom and ruins the setting immersion, one can use resources of a more rare shooting oldie. Also agree that indoor areas are a bit hard to navigate, non-linearity itself is fun, but sometimes one feels lost.
Maybe suicider could be scaled in the engine to fit other enemies - taller and thinner.
Underdecoration and underdetail I guess might be intentional to bring an "oldie" feel to it and to resemble the original.
I still love how well defined areas are with relatively little scenery (and simplistic geometry), rooms are logical, have purpose, feel like a real place, I love that, there is quite creativity with the limited scenery which is there...some could use more variants, walls especially as they are tiled in too obvious way.
Some of those simplicities are part of mod's charm though and might even be intentional.

Again, love mods like that.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Discord: DoomJedi

Postby Machine-Reaper » Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 am

is Baloch related to Balochistan?
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby ImpieTwo » Sun May 27, 2018 12:01 am

Machine-Reaper wrote:is Baloch related to Balochistan?

Baloch is a Pakistani surname, that's all I know.
ImpieTwo

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sun May 27, 2018 12:11 am

ImpieTwo wrote:Baloch is a Pakistani surname, that's all I know.

I'm a Pakistani~
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm

hey guys, sorry for long wait. also, i decided to surprise you all with this that no one had able to try this.
although, i decided to help you all guys out with this works i might give you all the help. i hope, you dont mind it
Attachments
WIP - operation body count - terror 1.PNG
ThrashfanBert1994

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects