Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Operation Body Count [Beta Release - Testers Wanted]

Post by Rachael »

I think you are once again not understanding the underlying context of those soundbytes, or why they're being used, but I am not going to argue this with you. You already found a solution to it, and I really think it should be left at that. I don't think we should talk about this, anymore.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

shadstarn wrote: personally i have nothing else to say in this thread about this
Good. Cos if you post in this thread again, I'm gonna ask the mods to remove it. I have better things to do with my time than argue with confused paladins who only listen to themselves. Now I have nothing more to say on the subject, so we're all gonna drop it and move on.

Update Time! I changed mission 2 so there's no message when clearing the catwalks, since that was causing some confusion and I was iffy about it anyway. I also fixed some textures on the airport mission I somehow missed. Make sure to get the latest version and let me know if anything else weird crops up.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Is it possible to have dual-wielding Uzis for maximum 80's action movie vibe?

Apart from that, I haven't really encountered any major glitches in the new version though I'm only up to the oil rig mission so far. One thing I should point out is that the first mission still ends with the shareware demo message and that the main character actually has female grunts when attempting wallhump or jump.

And really, the only thing missing is the super shotgun replacement being an M60. :D
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Gideon020 wrote:Is it possible to have dual-wielding Uzis for maximum 80's action movie vibe?

Gideon020 wrote:Apart from that, I haven't really encountered any major glitches in the new version though I'm only up to the oil rig mission so far. One thing I should point out is that the first mission still ends with the shareware demo message and that the main character actually has female grunts when attempting wallhump or jump.
I'm beginning to wonder if that's actually what happened here, and I just hadn't realized it. Otherwise I may have to just change the voice or something. Or maybe just that grunt.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i am not going to make you feel bad i must say waht is good about this and i really do enjoy it.

- everything lol is good
i love the frantic fast paced action it gives me the feeling of DIE hard that is what i envision when i play it! the levels are fun and nice . it gives me the feeling of wolfenstein and die hard as mentioned

sugestions:
- crouch so i can crouch more tactical

i didnt mean you should stop the project but my personal opinion and beleif i just ahd to voice it ... personally i just remove the audio file and play the game.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Seriously who cares if the terrorists are arabs? Why does it matter at all? Get over it.

Good mod as always, Impie.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

A possible add-on/mod or expansion that came to my mind was an adaption of Persion Gulf Inferno/North Sea Inferno where you run around an Oil Rig taken over by (arab or iranian) terrorists and you have to search for hostages and defused a bomb. Optional objectives are searching for door charges to blow up locked doors as well as visiting a doctor to treat your wounds.

Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Cherno wrote:A possible add-on/mod or expansion that came to my mind was an adaption of Persion Gulf Inferno/North Sea Inferno where you run around an Oil Rig taken over by (arab or iranian) terrorists and you have to search for hostages and defused a bomb. Optional objectives are searching for door charges to blow up locked doors as well as visiting a doctor to treat your wounds.
So basically the second mission of this partial conversion? The one that involves running around an oil rig to rescue hostages and defuse a tactical nuke?
ImpieTwo wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:Is it possible to have dual-wielding Uzis for maximum 80's action movie vibe?

It's glorious *sniff* Is the mod updated with this?
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Just completed the BETA, here are my opinion on what should be changed etc.:
Spoiler:
Other than that, I can't say anything else. This is a very good remake of a shitty game, that may not last 40 levels, but the levels in their right are huge and try to vary it up, that it doesn't matter. This is pretty much ''Twilight Warrior 2: Operation Body Count'', which I still enjoy, even though it had some rough edges, but your mods are really good.
I feel bad for you, that you are so underrated, but since the Doom community is so big, it's atleast good, if even few people follow your work and encourage you, there's always a reason to create what you desire.
Mooney

Post by Mooney »

The mod is great so far!

I had a crack at doing the same thing a few years ago but lost interest.

I noticed your suicide bomber sprites are the defualt realm 667 version, which is a little jarring compared to the old bodycount militants.
Its a bit rough around the edges but for my bomber (and other variants) I made these guys without the rifles.

Feel free to use if you want.

(edit)
Just noticed you have updated them.
The wolf 3d style white suicide bombers look great, very clean sprites.
But combined with the obc stuff (which is a little messier and a bit more doom based) it looks a little 'frankenspritey'
Attachments
sbomber.png
sbomber.png (12.26 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
Last edited by Mooney on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Played another two missions and I'm loving it so far. The BFG replacement was something that I wasn't prepared for (it's very hazardous to your own health as well as that of your enemies), but it is amazing.

Anyway, a couple of bugs to report. On the fourth mission, Desert Strike, some of the doors don't seem to make the door opening sound effect unless you are right up against them, or they only make sound from one side. Could some aspect of the map be blocking the sound from one side of the door or something? Then the other one is really just a typo rather than a bug. Mission five's briefing has "kidnapping" with only one p. It's the following line: obcfull.pk3/obcmaps.wad/MAP05->SCRIPTS line 39.

EDIT: Just an idea. Would it be possible to have an objectives key set up that displays the objectives for the current mission? And maybe even tick them off as and when they are completed?
Last edited by Korell on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

weasel let this go into the thread

again i am iranian/persian and we are opperesed still after houndreds of years by islamic extremists ... people are beign executed everyday there the way no one else knows.. also we are like the jews to nazis as we are iranins to radical extremists
BUT still i dont think its fair to say allahu akhbar should be associated with terrorism because it simply means God is great..

with all that said i dont agree with anyone who says this game is wrong or bad ... i just wanted to remove the allahu akhbar but it was not a demand or an order... i have removed it for myself when i play the game.

weasel pelase let this into the thread
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:BUT still i dont think its fair to say allahu akhbar should be associated with terrorism because it simply means God is great..
Which is used by people both good and bad, for a variety of meanings and applications. Just because you feel it is wrong to use it in this context does not mean that THEY, i.e. the Bad People, are going to think they're doing anything wrong themselves.

But that's not why I approved your post. I approved it because of this, which I think bears restating:
ImpieTwo wrote:I have better things to do with my time than argue with confused paladins who only listen to themselves. Now I have nothing more to say on the subject, so we're all gonna drop it and move on.
Let's all drop it and move on, please. If we keep arguing about it in this thread I'm going to start splitting.

Does anybody have anything to say about the actual mod?
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

well i said couple of times:

- i like how the guns feel fast and fitting
- i like how the enemies die with good enough damage endurance not too hard not too easy
- i like the leveles
right now only thing i wonder is if we can have a crouch
also yeah! its very die hardish wich i love!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”