Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
sherberttcat

Re: Operation Body Count [Demo]

Post by sherberttcat »

Oh. I remember Operation Body Count.
Those damned sewers...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

sherberttcat wrote:Oh. I remember Operation Body Count.
Those damned sewers...
Yeah I wasn't having any of that shit this time around.

I actually enjoyed the demo for the game. One mission, kill all the terrorists to win. Boss included.
BFG

Post by BFG »

very nice! didn't one of the soldier have the ability to get back up after they are knocked down? Hope you'll give the same treatment to Witchaven, always thought it would work great as a ZDoom mod rather than Eduke32 as its primitive and all the features can pretty much be done in Doom.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

There were terrorists that played dead or started off in a knelt position, but they were both kinda pointless really.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

In case you haven't noticed it yet there is a weird looking blue dot on the left bottom cornor of the Tree2 sprite.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Zen3001 wrote:In case you haven't noticed it yet there is a weird looking blue dot on the left bottom cornor of the Tree2 sprite.
Thanks for the tip. I somehow hadn't noticed it there...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I should really post this here so people know I'm still working on this mod.

No new updates to the demo, but the project isn't dead. 'E's just restin'. Actually I finished Mission 2, but this mod is sort of an off-and-on again project, so I don't have a release planned yet.

I also have one person working on a guest map for the mod, and I'm hoping I can get some others on board as well to flesh the mod out a bit. PM me if you'd like to join in.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

can we ave this as wepaons mod only and with enemy mod only?
Douk Nouk Kem

Post by Douk Nouk Kem »

Decently atmospheric cutscene, although doom sprites seem to contrast a bit, do you plan on using only game's own recources or you want to add something extra for content? Terminator: Rampage kinda looks similar, weapon sprites in particular could be useful if you plan on adding new weapons.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Douk Nouk Kem wrote:Decently atmospheric cutscene, although doom sprites seem to contrast a bit, do you plan on using only game's own recources or you want to add something extra for content? Terminator: Rampage kinda looks similar, weapon sprites in particular could be useful if you plan on adding new weapons.
I already used the Rampage sprites in a project and wanted to avoid using them again. The original OBC palette was very dark and muddy and hard to convert to other palettes, so I just left it. I'm avoiding using OBC resources other than the enemies and some of the furniture because they're all too small and way ugly.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Changed the suicide bomber so he matches the other enemy stock. Also finished Mission 3, set on Alcatraz, and added 2 more bosses.

I still have slots open for guest maps if anyone's interested in giving it a shot.

edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Are the new missions going to be significantly longer than the demo mission? I hope so, the demo mission was extremely short.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

edgymemester wrote:Are the new missions going to be significantly longer than the demo mission? I hope so, the demo mission was extremely short.
All missions should be bigger and longer than the demo mission, although objective-based gameplay tends to mean shorter than average maps overall, compared to other mods. I imagine most of the maps can be completed in a few minutes if you know what you're doing.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Screenshot of the first combat zone of the latest mission, Desert Strike. Features the first new boss, "Doc" Mustafa.

Douk Nouk Kem

Post by Douk Nouk Kem »

ImpieTwo wrote:Screenshot of the first combat zone of the latest mission, Desert Strike. Features the first new boss, "Doc" Mustafa.
Are there any secret bunkers with power hungry madmen inside?
Spoiler:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”