Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Postby Wisecrack34 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:43 am

Love what I got to play but I can't leave the starting area, exit is empty cept for a drone and some health.
Wisecrack34

Postby Burly Jim » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Hey, I just finished your mod! I was having such a great time, I beat it in one day. Just couldn't stop!
I like what you did with some of the secrets ;) but they're very well hidden for the most part. Probably there were more that I couldn't find.
Only complaints I have is that yeah, the hitscan enemies can get annoying...nothing that can't be overcome, though. Also ammo's kinda scarce on the Taraz level unless you go poking around for secrets.

Anyways, thanks so much for making this. Definitely one of the top mods I've ever played.
Burly Jim

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Wisecrack34 wrote:Love what I got to play but I can't leave the starting area, exit is empty cept for a drone and some health.

Then you're probably not playing it in Gzdoom like the download page instructed.
ImpieTwo

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:24 pm

sounds like 80s again, i like it heehee
ThrashfanBert1994

Postby edgymemester » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:01 am

Hey, where did you get the enemy sprites? All the OBC sprite sheets I've found have them in a really dark pallette, but they look more legible in your mod.
edgymemester

Postby ImpieTwo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:07 pm

edgymemester wrote:Hey, where did you get the enemy sprites? All the OBC sprite sheets I've found have them in a really dark pallette, but they look more legible in your mod.

In OBC you could turn the lights on and off, which is actually changing the paletter from "lit" to "dark". For whatever reason the sprites' default palette is "dark" when you rip the sprites, so you have to find a way to apply the "lit" palette to the graphics file.
ImpieTwo

Postby Naniyue » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Always something impressive from you! I don't know how you find the patience, or even the time, to churn out the quality mods that you have.
Naniyue

Postby ImpieTwo » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Fixed a map error on level 9 that made the dumbwaiter impossible to board from the upper level of the plane. Players should be able to get into the lift from either floor now.
ImpieTwo

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:31 pm

I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to add Zen3001's name to the map credits in the readme file, for his contribution of the Bedlam & Breakfast mission. Fixed.
ImpieTwo

Postby Zen3001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:28 am

ImpieTwo wrote:I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to add Zen3001's name to the map credits in the readme file, for his contribution of the Bedlam & Breakfast mission. Fixed.

Thank you again
Zen3001
Hopefully I'll die soon

Postby Scubbo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:59 am

really enjoyed it, thanks ImpieTwo (and team) ! :wub:
Scubbo

Postby Hyperstyle » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 am

That was fun. I enjoyed the variety of the levels and objectives. Good job making a better game than the original. Replacing some hitscanners with fast projectile shooters would benefit the gameplay though.
Hyperstyle

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Hyperstyle wrote:That was fun. I enjoyed the variety of the levels and objectives. Good job making a better game than the original. Replacing some hitscanners with fast projectile shooters would benefit the gameplay though.

Thanks! Glad you had fun.

I'm not sure where the community's recent anti-hitscan movement has come from though. You can't really dodge fast projectiles, either.
ImpieTwo

Postby Whoah » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

I personally like hitscanning. While it is artificial to an extent, it adds to the challenge. Plus tracers/fast projectiles never really felt right to me.
Whoah
Absolute unit

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:15 am

hey ImpieTwo, how bout suggestions for later versions like full enemy sprites in rotation time after time, just saying
ThrashfanBert1994

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects