Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zombie_ryushu

Re: Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Update:

Corvus has turned out to be a Dark Bishop that looks like Corvus. As such, a NewCorvus class has been added to fix this. Corvus can now actually walk around and attack. Its planned for him to be able to actually walk along Patrol Points.
The Contract with Burai now partially woks. I am still getting the kinks worked out of an additional puzzle in the Temple of the moon. with Kalinka, and the four other people this out of control project is working with.

Some testing has been done.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

With the next release, the Boss Replacement Patch will be obsolete. Boss replacements are going to be permanent Alterations to the maps. There are a few reasons for this:

1. It frees up some of the original bosses such as the Iron Lich to be used in other non-boss capacities.
2. There were alot of Doomednum conflicts with the Boss replacement.
3. It should fix bugs in the Mindflayer's maze where a fake Iron Lich is spawned and de-spawned. His replacement was a Dark Lich, but the Dark Lich didn't appear.

This came about because I found a mapping error where two Undead Knights were trapped in a section of the level where the ceiling was too low, so they couldn't move. Whenever this happens, I wind up having to copy the entire map out of ANW1_3.pk3 and fixing the problem, thats when I decided to just do the Dark Lich as well. After seeing that, I realized that I had replaced most of the bosses anyway, and found another problem. Redreys.

There were supposed to be two Redreys in the level, a Hostile boss, and a Friendly Ally. This is how it works that after you defeat him in Map08, he reappears and talks to you. Only its not him. In ANW 1.3D, the non-Hostile Redreys is actually just a standard Bishop. So when you were playing with Wrath of Cronos, there was a Significant chance that rather than a Bishop appearing, A Disciple, Acolyte, or Vampire would instead. This solves that problem.

A Similar issue existed with Tifsim. He's just an Acolyte. This fixes that too. Neither of these bosses were particularly interesting before. There were entirely too many bosses that just spam fireballs.

So the boss replacements are now permanent.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Got up this morning, to find new assets were imported for some new stuff. Also, a problem I forgot about has now been fixed. In Map06, there are some Weredragons that were sort of stuck on the edge of a cliff. They couldn't move and when activated, would run in place and not attack. This has been fixed by moving them one space back on the ledge.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version 0.3e has been posted to TSPG. Features more progress on the secret level. Imporoved Burai assets with more shading and a more complete sprite set. One new additional enemy has been added to DECORATE.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Basically can we finish ANW without getting big bugs (who make crash)? I will start ANW with WOC then ;) Thanks!

EDIT: What is the command line to type to make it work with the shortcut?...
EDIT2: I found it: D:\gzdoom\gzdoom.exe" -file anw.pk3 wrathofcronosr2.pk3 anw_woc-0.3e.pk3
Do i have to use the boss patch?

EDIT3: Playing "A New World" wad and the "Wrath of Cronos" mod is delicious, im here now:
Spoiler:
For now, no real bug, just a Daedolon who was walking everywhere at the beginning.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

The Boss patch is Deprecated. It created problems in the Mindflayer's Maze.

As for the Wizard walking around. He will eventually have specific routes he walks. There are a few characters who are "Friendly NPCs." That follow you around, and acts like he's doing stuff, and triggers events.

There is a third ending that involves the replacement boss in Map05. When you beat the boss in Map05, listen to what he has to say, and follow his directions. He will give you hints what to do and what not to do. There is an extra boss before Raducal you have to fight.

You really should use wrath o Cronos 2C when playing. This is because there is a new level being added that features Treasure Chests. This level is not accessible yet.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

ah thanks! that's really cool, im gonna check it, good thing You posted it because i was close to save after the portal after the 4 red diamonds!
more fun then 8-)
EDIT: Can't find any clues about the puzzle, i don't remember the text...what i'm supposed to do? (pm or in spoiler?) :(
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

i need to start Crediting the people who helped out with this. We have had Several People working on this project.

First and Foremost:
Kalinka Shadows. Inspired the idea for this, decided to use her Fan Characters for this.

MadCat - Decorate work for the Heretic Monsters.
VikingBoyBilly - Mapping help, Mapping fixes, additional ACS work on level scripts. Structure of scripts for Neutral Ending.
Kevin McCloed - Music for Neutral ending, Music for Lakshmi level.
Masquerade/Taurustar - Mapping help with Lakshmi's level.
Sethyuikora - Burai Sprite Work Phase 1
Countgate - Burai Sprite Work Phase 2
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

0.3f uploaded to all fear the Sentinel. This is the Public unveiling of Lakshmi's Level. Completing this level is required to get one of the endings.
Screenshot_Hexen_20180124_034009.png
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Bugs Discovered:

There appears to be another bug in the Mindflayer Maze where the Blue Mage NPC does not appear as he should.
Map05: Its possible to Partially trigger the Burai Contract before you have released Burai. You can't get him to open the door until he is defeated. But he will still talk to you when the switches are pulled.
Map09: There is no way to lower the bars leading back into the boss battle arena for the Arch Wizard after you have defeated him, and come in the front entrance.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version 0.3g:
Map05:
Fixed Mapping problems that allowed you to trigger Burai talking to you when he shouldn't.
The Camera now looks at the boss when you are talking to him after he is defeated, the same way as Redyres.
A really terrible spelling and grammar error about the painting has been taken care of.

Map02:
It is now possible to Acquire Blue and Green Mana weapon #2 for each class depending on which of the Five Classes you play as. Their current locations may not be their Final Locations. Its just been confirmed they are spawnable.

Map04:
Enemy population increased very slightly. This is to make way for fixes to the Mindflayer Maze, but also to increase Enemy Variety, at least a little

Map09:
Fixed the Painting disappearing from Map09 when the Extra boss was defeated to complete the side quest for Map05.
Fixed a problem that prevented access to the extra boss room when using the front entrance after beating the boss. There are bars that were supposed to lower once the extra boss in Map09 was defeated. They work as intended now.
Corvus now has scripted actions he performss in endings since he has a compete class. They don't always work right, fixes are upcoming.

File uploaded to TSPG
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Okay, I and Kalinka are getting alot of questions about: Do you have to go through Hell to access the Neutral ending: Currently, Yes. because of the mechanics of how the Neutral ending works. The Neutral ending operates by placing a Puzzle piece in Raducal's inventory. the ACS Scripts check for the presence of the Puzzle Segment in Raducal's not the players, inventory. Based on that, it jumps to the script that runs the neutral ending, instead of the Hell ending playing, it transports you to a spawn point for the Heaven ending, and runs an Alternate script for that.

Going though Heaven, you never cross the linedef to trigger the event that uncurses the Spear, so Raducal never gets the Puzzle Item inserted in his inventory. So the Neutral ending never plays.

Anther Question from Taurustar:

Can the Neutral ending Puzzle Segment and NPC be used in the MindFlayer maze to wake you up? No.
Are you going to implement that? No. I realize the Mindflayer Maze is really annoying, but having a way to cheese the Mindflayer Maze is like an episode of 'Terrible Writing Advice."
Plus Mindflayer has a voice actor. The extra interactions would mean we'd have to find that guy, and hire him to read more lines.

What might happen is, an Iron Lich may show up as a Mini boss somewhere in the level

EDIT: The Trident is still buggy. I'm looking for anyone with experience in DECORATE that may be able to fix the Trident
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Feedback needed: There has been discussion about the Trident.

Kalinka reports, and I can confirm that the Trident's lightning Animation, disappear for one frame, and comes back. I've had mixed reports on this, so I need to know if anyone can reproduce this. Some people say this does happen to them, others say it does not. I've seen what the Trident is supposed to look like. I have this bug, but I don't know if this bug is an issue with the mod, or an issue with Zandronum. I'd like feedback.

Amazingly, we have found a bug in Redyres Level. You can get stuck behind the organ room door if you go back there during the cinematic, and the wall closes. I might need to make that wall a door that can be opened if you get stuck in there.

There are already plans to do Patrol Routes for Friendly Redyres.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

zombie_ryushu wrote:Feedback needed: There has been discussion about the Trident.

Kalinka reports, and I can confirm that the Trident's lightning Animation, disappear for one frame, and comes back. I've had mixed reports on this, so I need to know if anyone can reproduce this. Some people say this does happen to them, others say it does not. I've seen what the Trident is supposed to look like. I have this bug, but I don't know if this bug is an issue with the mod, or an issue with Zandronum. I'd like feedback.

Amazingly, we have found a bug in Redyres Level. You can get stuck behind the organ room door if you go back there during the cinematic, and the wall closes. I might need to make that wall a door that can be opened if you get stuck in there.

There are already plans to do Patrol Routes for Friendly Redyres.
What about a setplayerproperty with TOTALLY_FROZEN ?? I don't see the point of making the player do any movement when the organ cinematic is there... (Just make it for the player that triggers the cinematic, and if you are playing in Cooperative make a line with a special effect that when cinematic is running, activates a script that freezes the player, then when cinematic is over Unfreeze all the players and make the line normal again)

Edit: About the bug, I didn't have it, I can't see the trident disappear for one frame
Last edited by Taurustar on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

We have played ANW 1.5E. There is some disagreement between the members of our Development Team. For the time being, our mods are only supported under Version 1.3D. A Discussion how to support 1.5E is ongoing.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”