Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zombie_ryushu

Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

Post by zombie_ryushu »

I'd like to announce an upgrade to Hexen: A New World for Wrath of Cronos. (Hosted by TSPG)
This is intended as an upgrade and enhancement project for using A New World with Wrath of Cronos. It is not intended for any other project.

Fixes:

- All Heretic Monsters Function correctly and give experience. They also drop gold and items.
- Knight Ghost is fixed
- Iron Lich boss gives experience.
- Three new Bosses implemented.
- Fixed a bug in DECORATE that prevented Windows Clients from Joining Linux Servers.

Download Links:
Running Wrath of Cronos 2.0 or Earlier?
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.3k.pk3

Running Wrath of Cronos v2.2?
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... 3k-v22.pk3

Known Bugs:
Without the Boss replacement, Tifsim and Redreys and Raducal do not give experience when they are defeated. They do not scale to the player's level.
With the Boss replacement, Tifsim does give experience, [He is a totally different but fitting boss) while Raducal and Redreys do not. This will change with future revisions.
With Boss Replacement: Tifsim's replacement boss can sometimes turn invincible after he is damaged. Its as of yet not understood why this happens. He behaves as if he has an icon of defender. Knight archers can Damage him.

Helpful hints:
Enemy replacements native to Hexen will occasionally be swapped out per standard Wrath of Cronos behavior.
the "nogibs" version of Ketchup mod works fine with this.
In multiplayer, khvj leveling patch v7 can be used to ensure even leveling between players.

For the Future: Looking into porting some of Raducal's Attack logic from Tower of Chaos.

Credits:
Kalinka
Spiral Energy
Last edited by zombie_ryushu on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
zombie_ryushu

Re: Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

Post by zombie_ryushu »

A bug exists where on the first visit, Tifsim is not visible until the second visit to a given level.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Okay, so... The last regular bosses, who were the most difficult to reimplement are done. All the bosses give experience and scale in level. This includes the Mindflayer, and Raducal themselves, who were the most difficult to figure out. There's still more to be done, and more bugs to fix. But now all the enemies render experience and scale in level. There are still bugs to be fixed, particularly with altering the maps in the case of Redreys, there will be no way around it.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2h.pk3
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... l-0.2b.wad
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

open call for Sprite Artists, looking for someone who can make a custom boss.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

New Release. I don't have all the sprite assets we need.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2k.pk3
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... l-0.2c.wad

I need a sprite artist.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Awesome, I hope you can finish it, A New World is my favorite expansion for Hexen, the story, atmosphere, level design and choice of music was so good and deep!
I wanted replay it with WOC but there wasn't any patch...
Is it close to be finished? I would want play it but if the next patch is for some days later, i will try it now.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Update from Kalinka and props to her finding out how Redreys works before I could.

Redreys now functions correctly in his post battle cutscene.
The new boss for the Temple of the Moon is still being worked on. If there are any Sprite Artists willing to help, please let me or Kalinka, or Spiral Energy know. We do have base artwork, and concept art for the new boss. He will have his own cutscene, and expand the lore somewhat. Sprite Resources are still needed! Base art availible!

Some enemies from other mods are being added in. In particular, there is a new sort of sub-boss for the Hub level. A new script is planned to allow the Ally NPC Mage (Its acually a Dormant Melinkir). His flags are set to Ally. I'm likely going to alter him such that he has his own Actor class and attacks. I'm going to try and script things such that once the sub-boss is defeated, the hero will tell him that its safe to come out, and he will be able to come out of his room and patrol the level with the Knight Archer scripts. He'll likely have his own attacks.

If he is unflagged now, he is Melinkir, the way he is configured he has a Blood scourge and will unload on the enemies. So, I'm going to reconfigure his actor class, give him an actual name, and an attack more fitting of his character. He does have the ally flag turned on, and his base WOC Attributes as Melinkir apply. I will also see about getting access to unused WOC Blue, and Green mana weapons by expanding the map.

There probably will be no way to play this mod with Wrath of Cronos Absent, but its more likely that the Hexercise WOC mod will still work.

I need a source compile of the ACC Compiler for Linux. Currently, I am using the Windows ACC under Wine. Thats unsustainable. Slade and zdbsp both have Linux builds.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

A build of acc now works for Linux.

The new boss now talks. Several bugs have been fixed.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2n.pk3

Its progress. A new Sub-Boss has been added to the Hub level. He unlocks the Ally Mage to walk around the level. for now he is an Ally version of Melinkir. That will be changing.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Work has prevented me and Kalinka from really working on this.

A bug has been fixed that allowed you to trigger Redreys the Wizard early. This permitted things to be such that Redreys boss music would never stop playing. His intro dialogue would play on top of each other. This has been fixed. He is now "Dormant" until the script activates him, however he is not dormant during his victory Dialogue, he is now Allied instead.

I have also implemented a new sky for Heaven, however the Sky repeats vertically and I'm looking into ways for fixing that. The doors in Heaven and Hell are still stuck. I'm looking into how to fix them so nobody gets trapped anymore.

Edit: The solution to both that and the ending teleporter problem was much simpler than I thought. It was checking one flag that fixed them.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Brutal Doom V21 is going to overshadow this for a while.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Is it playable with all the gameplay features and boss? It needs just the skins/sprites right?

You work on bd v21 too? :)
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Yes it is. As of version 0.2o, all of the serious game breaking issues that can make the levels unfinishable have been fixed. You need to use anw_woc-0.2o and anw_woc_boss_repl-0.2c. But you have to use wrath of cronos for everything to function as its intended to.

I am not completely finished with all intended changes. Kalinka is working on a completely original boss that has his own Sprite, but since he isn't done yet, we are using the ArchWizard Sprite in his place. Only the sprite. Thats only so we can see that he is there. Some new enemy types have been imported.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2o.pk3
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... l-0.2c.wad

We have started to actually modify the maps. Some new yet still unused enemy types are now present. ANW uses only a small handful of Heretic Monsters, and a small handful of Hexen monsters. WOC varies this up a little more but not much. So we are starting to at least alter the enemy placements So you are not fighting the same enemies though the entire hub. Among them are Ice Gargoyles, Knight Archers, and Crimson Disciples for regular enemy types.

We are exploring new map feasibility and new story arch direction or the introduction of a side story.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2p.pk3

Version P:
Drathial Outpost:
Two Ettins have been replaced with Three Crimson Disciples. Territory not controlled by Serpent Riders should not have Serpent Rider enemies in it. They have been edited to function correctly in Wrath of Cronos, and can be raised from the dead by the Necromancer.

Temple of the Moon: one Ice Gargoyale, and two Silver Knight archers have replaced an Ettin, A Knight Ghost, and a Fire Gargoyale. Silver Knight Archers nade an appearance in Raducal's castle in Tower of Chaos.
BUG: Friendly Burai is not spawning in the Multiplayer games. He is in Single player however. This is being investigated.
Update: Bug. Ally Burai located in an off-map location remains deactivated in an off screen square.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”