Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zombie_ryushu

Re: Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Screenshot_Hexen_20171107_193840.png
Images
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

This project isn't dead, the basis for a new level which will be accessible only from the temple of the moon is being worked on. I need some advanced ACS Scripting help if its out there.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Uploaded revision R, more Lakshmi's level is done by Kalinka. I fixed some scripting problems.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Wrath of Cronos has now created an object for a Random Chest Spawner, which I will use in Lakshmi's level.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version S Uploaded. Lakshmi's level has been worked on, more doors, chests and stuff has been added. Wrath of Cronos V2A is now required due to the Chest Spawner in Lakshmi's level. The enemy populatuin has increased. An Empress Actor has been defined. Also, there now exists a portal to Lakshmi's level within the Temple of the moon, but it is inaccessible without wall clipping. Lakshmi's level now has distinct music.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Okay folks, I'm running into some roadblocks here. For one thing, I can't figure out how to do the infinite Skybox Effect used in Tomb of Viscerus. I need some technical assistance, would anyone like to help? I'm having so many problems, I may release as is and say I am finished. Because the project is suffering from Scope Creep.
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

Any chance for updated dl links? I have to make some guesswork as to which version is most up to date, assuming they all are from the same download server as before.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Okay, so as requested, a new version has been posted. Version T.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2t.pk3
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... l-0.2c.wad

I needed some gold tiles, so Kalinka suggested using a specific gold tile texture from Operation Totenhaus.
A Sprite has been added for Empress Sarah. As with Lakshmi, she only has a speaking role.
More has been done on Lakshmi's level. But its still nowhere near done. Lakshmi's level is now technically accessible in one of the levels, however, I intend for a puzzle to need to be completed to open the door that leads to the level portal that takes you to Lakshmi's painting. That puzzle isn't done yet, so the door never opens, but the portal is there and it works. Lakshmi's painting however, is inescapable, because I have not provided a way out yet.

Burai functions correctly when he is defeated, and respawns as an ally

It is now recommended that you play this with WOC 2A or 2B. The reason being, Thetis has provided a new object that is going to be used in Lakshmi's painting: The chest Spawner. This DECORATE spawner explicitly spawns chests, with no possibility of a merchant.
Maybe Argonian Lord will merrge this into A New World 1.4

One of the most infuriating aspects of this, is the lack of proper Sprite Art for Burai,. I know, he looks like the Arch Wizard. Thats temporary so he can be seen.

Here is the ideal WAD file order.

anw1_3.pk3
wrathofcronosr2b.pk3
kfhj_woc_patch_v7.pk3
ketchupv5_nogibs_splattersonly.pk3
anw_woc-0.2t.pk3
anw_woc_boss_repl-0.2c.wad
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

We found a bug that makes Burai not give experience correctly. He only gives a flat 300 XP. I now know how to fix that problem. I'm holding off on releasing a new version, so Kalinka and another contributor can address some issues with Lakshmi's level.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version U released.

Lak01:
Lakshmi's level is still blocked off. But there is more done to it. There is a bed Crusher trap in her level.
There is now an Exit point back to Map05, and a different exit to Map09. However, the exit to Map09 takes you to the wrong place, making a sequence break possible. This is a large part of why Lakshmi's level is blocked off.
Ascending and Collapsing Stairs have been added to Lakshmi's level. New Door opening puzzles and gimmicks where attempting to push open a locked door in one place opens a door somewhere else.
There is an off sector box containing a dormant Raducal/Dark Avatar, Lakshmi, and Burai to be used in scripts.

Map05:
An additional area is in the works Map05. These will be Quarters specifically for Burai. Lakshmi's painting will appear here when Lakshmi's painting is located. We are working on a Global Variable system to address this.
The DeathWyvern in Map05 has finally been replaced by a proper Burai instance officially. Its no longer a scripting swap out. I'll remove the script swap in the next sub-release. This will allow me to use the DeathWyvern if I want, but really, I don't want too. I don't like that boss. What this does fix is it restores his WOC Scaling and experience functions such that he correctly scales based on the player's level. One of the problems with the script swap out was it removed his WOC statistics. He was always level 1 and his life bar didn't appear. So it was possible for an overleveled player to flatten him.
Sarah now spawns in the Library/Prayer room. After Burai is defeated. She is not however, scripted to actualy do anything yet. So she does nothing.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2u.pk3
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version V Released.

Pretty Serious bug fix to Tifsim. Tifsim, because of the enemy his Actor class was designed around, has a defensive forcefield around him. I didn't understand how the ACS scripts work that make him function. But I do now. His ACS Bytecode has been recompiled, and his forcefield is now visible and switches on and off when its supposed to.

Map05:
The Master Quarters have been added to the Living Quarters of the temple. In addition, Kalinka designed and built Burai's bed, its not Argonian Lord's Quality, but I think she did a good job.
There are no special requirements to access the Master Quarters at this time. Granted, you can't do anything in there yet.
And no, its still not possible to reach the portal containing Lakshmi's level without Noclip.

New Enemies:
A new ArchWizard Class has been added as far as enemy types go.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.2v.pk3
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

We are not going to publically release version W. Version W Contains a sequence break because for Debugging purposes we made Lakshmi's levels and triggers in Map05 publically accessible.

Few things:
There has been debate between Kalinka and I about dealing with some problems in Map09. The Ending is still semi-broken in Multiplayer. We are interested in fixing it, or moving it to a new Map completely.
Kalinka wants to create a third ending possibility where if you have completed the Lakshmi side quest and helped Burai, the ending changes somewhat depending on that. But we don't want to make completing the side quest a hard requirement. The option will stay open that if you want you can just leave Burai's temple, and go on getting the Trident that way.
Another problem that we want to fix at a very minimum is allowing multiple people to participate in the ending. WE have considered doing that by moving the ending to an entirely different map(s) That descision isn't final, but either way, we really need to fix it.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Been a while since I updated this:
Version X finally fixes the ending in multiplayer. More level design and Scripting has been done.
Initial Sprite Work for Burai is done. But, it has yet to be improved and his walk Cycle isn't finished. He also has no death animations.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version 0.3a has been uploaded to TSPG.
It has initial Burai Sprite work. He no longer uses the ArchWizard Sprites. The Sprites are ... in a very early form, his walk cycle isn't perfect.
A Boss battle has been added to an area of Dark Sanctum to serve the purpose of changing your character's alignment in the event you don't get the Trident. Put succinctly, there might be a third "Neutral" ending added.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version 0.3b has made more scripting progress, dialogue for the Neutral/Burai Alignment added.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.3b.pk3

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”