Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
zombie_ryushu

Re: Hexen: A New World Upgrade Project for Wrath of Cronos.

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Okay so, here is what's going on:

For the time being, we are sticking with version 1.3D, but we are going to implement fixes in the direction of 1.5E. Some script elements from 1.5E are better and make more grammatical sense. Others we will retrofit to work with the current Makai Narrative.

In Heaven and Hell, we will setup appropriate Skyboxes rather than the Sky changing script setup that results in a repeating Sky. This way you should always see the correct Sky. Also we are likely to add an area where you can fall off the edge of the path, and down to an instant death area below.

The Iron Lich who was the original boss in Eastern Aldenwood will become a Sub-boss for the Somna Temple District, with additional explorable area and more enemies. This helps with the Iron Lich Hallucination in the Mindflayer maze.

We will see how feasible having a Burai Contract in inventory results in Burai appearing and talking to you in the Mindflayer maze.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

I might have fogotten to post this here.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.3h.pk3
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Would anyone like to do some voice acting for this Project?
Gneighter

Post by Gneighter »

Just finished this, and had several issues - uncursed (dunno about another version) spear is bugged type or smth. Several points of missing textures, which is lesser issues. Main issue was a bit anoying desigh in terms of "where is that dam switch" - but at least "pov" thing helps sometimes to understand (if you didnt forgot where that place is). And can you explain how to get to "heaven" ending and what it exactly means? I got uncursed spear (could not get to another way which lead to heaven), killed boss, went to the throneroom with corvus and listened to speech about "last serpent rider", thats all.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Gneighter wrote:Just finished this, and had several issues - uncursed (dunno about another version) spear is bugged type or smth. Several points of missing textures, which is lesser issues. Main issue was a bit anoying desigh in terms of "where is that dam switch" - but at least "pov" thing helps sometimes to understand (if you didnt forgot where that place is). And can you explain how to get to "heaven" ending and what it exactly means? I got uncursed spear (could not get to another way which lead to heaven), killed boss, went to the throneroom with corvus and listened to speech about "last serpent rider", thats all.
Okay, you got the Neutral Ending.

To get the Heaven ending: Complete the Puzzle in Swamplorn Fortress, and get the Flame Mask. Put the Flame Mask in Swamplorn, and trade it for the Yorick's Skull. Go back to the hub, and place the Yorick's Skull in the spot on Map02 with the headless Yorick Statue. A secret level will open. Go to that secret level, defeat the boss. The Boss will reveal the Trident of Destiny, and Destiny Esseence. Take those items. Upon entering Dark Sanctum in the Makai (Map09), Press Space/Use button and insert the Destiny Essence in the slot by the door. The Entrance to Heaven will open, Hell will be sealed off.

Note: If you want to do the Painting of Lakshmi side Quest, you still can, just do not accept the Burai contract from Burai.

Meanings behind each Ending:

Hell/Bad Ending: If you do neither Secret level - the Spear kills you.
Neutral Ending: You made a Pact/Contract with a Foreign god to save yourself from the Curse of the Spear. This contract stipulates that you are now a servant of this god, and must do as he says. Corvus and his Sidhe Elves are unfamiliar with him, and suspect he might be evil, so they refuse to form an alliance with you. He now wants you to go after Eidolon from Hexen II.
Heaven Ending: You never touch the spear. You never make an agreement with any gods. You come back with the Trident of Destiny. The Sidhe Elves wish to make a treaty with your Human nation.
Gneighter

Post by Gneighter »

Thanks for explanation. Got some problems with finding parts of puzzle at Swamplorn (couldnt find last blue piece and just noclipped through). Still, this was pretty enjoyable journey, and I hope you will polish it to the end. Would be glad to help with testing it, I already can deliver feedback about several moments in the game (both technical and "hard to get" points of walkthrough).
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

I'm working on a similar followup mod for Scourge of Viscerus that takes place in the Neutral route of this mod.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Version 0.3i:

Maintence Update -
Fixed a Missing Texture problems in Map09 in Dark Avatar's Chamber.
Burai walk Cycle Fixed.
Imported Redyres "Play Organ" script from ANW Vanilla 1.5f
Map01 to Map02 Transition is now a repeatable action.

New Feature: Multiplayer Looping:
In Multiplayer settings, it is now possible once a route is complete, for an Administrator to loop players back around to the beginning without players losing their stats, while still resetting everything. This creates a New Game Plus like behaviour, where players get to replay the adventure with stats from the previous playthrough, but with monsters re-leveled up to the player's level.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Major update: 0.3j

Burai now has a voice actor! A Majority of his lines in Map05 and Map09 are now Voice acted with a few exceptions!
I'm proud to say we got an excellent Voice actor to play Burai!
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Intermediate Update: 0.3k

Missing Burai Voices added.
Arch Wizard Dialogue Now voice acted.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I think, i will play again with ANW, i miss the atmosphere of this wad ^^
Link? I will check TSPG for the last file, thanks for updating it! :D
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c-0.3k.pk3

Here is a Download Link to 0.3k. I'm pondering what to do next. The Guy who did the Burai voice said he'd be willing to do the voice of Burai, for other projects.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I tried with this target but it doesn't work on gzdoom 3.5
D:\GZDOOM 3.5.0\gzdoom.exe" -file anw.wad anw_woc-0.3k.pk3
What can i fix it?
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

You have to have other things loaded too.

zandronum -iwad hexen.wad -file ANW1_3.pk3 -file ketchupV5_nogibs_splattersonly.pk3 -file wrathofcronosr2cfix.pk3 -file kfhj_woc_patch_v7.pk3 -file anw_woc-0.3k.pk3
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Thank you very much! :)
Time to enjoy this wad again!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”