Doctor Who: Darkness Of The Daleks

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hidden Hands

Re: Doctor Who: Darkness Of The Daleks

Post by Hidden Hands »

Whew it's been a while but I'm back... I'll be doing more work on this game now. Sorry for the absense, been very busy.
BFG

Post by BFG »

have you seen Xim's Star Wars mod? He has some satisfying 3D model lasers for the enemie's blasters. I think they would fit perfectly with the Daleks.
I totally think you should go the whole 3D model route, the beauty of Daleks is that they move on treads and don't need too much complex animations.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

BFG wrote:have you seen Xim's Star Wars mod? He has some satisfying 3D model lasers for the enemie's blasters. I think they would fit perfectly with the Daleks.
I totally think you should go the whole 3D model route, the beauty of Daleks is that they move on treads and don't need too much complex animations.
Haven't seen that mod yet, I'll definitelly check it out. Thanks!

I'm trying to get into this 3D thing Im' just having some trouble getting these models to work. I'm told its really easy but I'm so bloody confused.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Here's a pack of dalek renders. They are pngs but they palettize fine, and I tested them in game over the imp. They are about 25% too large for a normal enemy, but you could probably scale them in game. Hopefully they serve you well.

Here's an example
dalek0001.png
dalek0001.png (7.35 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Attachments
dalekrender.rar
(216.64 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Here's what they look like in game. I'm not sure if they are less "photorealistic" and more fitting to the game style, but I figured I'd let you be the judge.
Attachments
dalekScreen.jpg
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Ringman wrote:Here's what they look like in game. I'm not sure if they are less "photorealistic" and more fitting to the game style, but I figured I'd let you be the judge.
I cant thank you enough for this. These are great, thank you. I'll try to incorporate them and make variants based on rank! :)
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

It needs some work, but it wasn't too hard to throw together a davros, and there's pretty much every angle of him in some form or another online, pretty much ready to go.
Attachments
davros.png
davros.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 834 times
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Looks promising. Especially for a Doctor Who thing. (I'll be honest, I never saw the series in full detail)
Xim

Post by Xim »

The work looks great so far. I used to be pretty into Doctor Who, the Dalek's and the Cybermen were always my favourite (I still have a Dalek shirt). I kinda just stopped watching the show after a while though, maybe I just saw enough of it.

But I will definitely be following this mod, I fully support making Doom mods based off of classic sci-fi!
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Ringman wrote:It needs some work, but it wasn't too hard to throw together a davros, and there's pretty much every angle of him in some form or another online, pretty much ready to go.
This look great. Wow. you're a good spriter.
The DOOMED Marine

Post by The DOOMED Marine »

I don't know if anyone else has tried messing around with the concept, but a few months back I played around with making a TARDIS in GZDoom because why not, and after a few stumbles and messing around I managed to throw this together using sector and line portals (though I read that mixing the two isn't a great idea). It's pretty finnicky but I think it turned out alright and after the bump in this thread I figured I'd share it, since it might become useful eventually. The proportions and textures are wack but you get the idea.

You'd be surprised by how tedious it is to make a regular hexagon with linedefs (but eh, it's good enough).
Attachments
tardismodeltest2.wad
(75.81 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

The DOOMED Marine wrote:I don't know if anyone else has tried messing around with the concept, but a few months back I played around with making a TARDIS in GZDoom because why not, and after a few stumbles and messing around I managed to throw this together using sector and line portals (though I read that mixing the two isn't a great idea). It's pretty finnicky but I think it turned out alright and after the bump in this thread I figured I'd share it, since it might become useful eventually. The proportions and textures are wack but you get the idea.

You'd be surprised by how tedious it is to make a regular hexagon with linedefs (but eh, it's good enough).
Nice, iI'll downoad and take a look. :)

EDIT:
That tardis is damn impressive. I'm looking at how you built it and I'm still not certain exactly how you pulled it off.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”