Doom 2: Retribution Expansion Episode 1 - NOW RELEASED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
taylorm7cl

Doom 2: Retribution Expansion Episode 1 - NOW RELEASED

Post by taylorm7cl »

Doom 2: Retribution is an unofficial expansion that has been in the works for nearly two years now, most the length came from learning Doom Builder and Slade and such.

I am excited to finally announce the trailer for this expansion has now been released. I will be posting details on it later, but the trailer has many goodies for those interested.

You can find the trailer here: https://youtu.be/k76pyaZhDF0

The expansion is a 4 episode expansion, taking point from another character instead of Shawn, the original Doom Guy. This mod takes place shortly after Doom 2: No Rest for the Living, so it is highly recommended you play that before you jump into this although it doesn't have much of a story.

This expansion is very story heavy.

Its expected release date is October 1st, 2017. I will delay it if it needs to be delayed for quality.
Last edited by taylorm7cl on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nevander

Re: Doom 2: Retribution Expansion Episode 1

Post by Nevander »

Dammit I read the title as Doom 64: Retribution Expansion Episode 1. I thought somebody finally began their own new PWAD for my TC. Well, good luck with it regardless! :wink:
taylorm7cl

Post by taylorm7cl »

Oh yeah, haha. The name was mainly chosen for it's plot line and I was like "this is going to look confusing on the forum." Haha, thank you.
Last edited by taylorm7cl on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If you want to avoid this confusion, my recommendation would be to rename the project to "Retaliation". Same meaning, similar sound, but yet easier to distinguish it from the Doom 64 thingie.
taylorm7cl

Re: Doom 2: Retribution Expansion Episode 1 - NOW RELEASED

Post by taylorm7cl »

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B052l ... 3JGbFp4ZEU

Here it is, as my first mod, I hope it is well received by the community.

I am already working on the second and third episode, both episode one and two were 'finished' a while ago, but just recently I have wanted to release the first episode. I added MANY things within these past four days, it isn't funny. From bug fixes, to full blown redesigns. In my earlier levels, you may see that the design may be mediocre, but I was just starting to learn Doom Builder at the time and wasn't very proficient. I have gone back and changed a lot of it, though to be at least up to date on my current creative design level.

You'll see original Doom 2 levels for the story sake, and LEVEL05 features a string of Doom GBA deathmatch levels, with modifications here and there to make it viable for single player and to fit the story as well. Other than that, the level design is mostly from scratch, taking inspiration here and there from some other designers. The level design I tried to keep consistent as well.

Overall, this mod is meant to be played with the original Doom in mind, meaning no freelook, no jumping or crouching, etc..

Later down the road, maybe a month after release after I let some criticism flow in, I'll probably do an authors commentary video on it.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the first episode. I have worked my ass off making sure it was good for release and as few bugs as possible and make sure everything is perfect. I don't like the idea of constantly updating.

Edit - Remember how I said I didn't like constantly updating? Well I only had to make one change, not a big one. Just included the intermission music for those who aren't going to use the included modified Doom 2 IWAD (it is slower, that is all). It'll fit everything else. I didn't test this mod too much with the original IWAD. The link has already been changed, so when you download it, it will be the newer version.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”