Resident Evil codename Hunk : WIP, new progress

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMERO-21

Resident Evil codename Hunk : WIP, new progress

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

This mod is a total conversion for zdoom, gzdoom and qzdoom. Resident Evil codename Hunk contain 2 campaigns : Hunk (main) and Krauser. The progress of the mod is 50% : 1 chapter of Hunk done and 2 chapters of Krauser done. That mean 3 chapters for both. Each chapter take 40 minutes aprox. That mean the duration of the entire mod could be 4 hours. The levels design was inspired by resident evil survivor and resident evil zero and contain puzzles, biorganic weapons and of course: ZOMBIES! The gameplay and playable characters was inspired by resident evil 4. Here some videos:

Krauser campaign:

Enjoy!
angrymerc29

Re: Resident Evil codename Hunk : WIP, new progress

Post by angrymerc29 »

holy crap :surprise: projects like this always gets me so hyped up, can't wait to play this :wub:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Awesome job as usual Doomero, it's so good following your works on FB and YT though!
Kagur

Post by Kagur »

This is a great mod and I can see a lot of effort put into it, but I also can't deny that the viewing is a bit jarring. I think I might know a solution to that though. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2bqjEPJz8E

There are three things to notice here:

- The third person perspective is actually closer to the center of the screen and also further away (much further away than I remembered). Its only when he takes a crossbow shot that there is a brief zoom towards the left side.
- His angular pose changes when he moves left, right, up the stair and down the stairs. If you can program this to change the sprites according to the viewing, it'll look more fluid.
- Along with angular pose change, there are slight shifts to his physical position on the screen according to those pose changes.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

that camera is different, is behind of the character, on my case, is the first person camera view, but adding the character sprites, not the weapon only, also i decreased the zoom factor for increase the fov, i can decrease the character size, but that mean more work and apply hirestex.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”