Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.23)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.23)

Postby kadu522 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Hello! The download link is dead at the moment.
kadu522
A gameplay lover,heck i play a ASCII Based game is your gameplay is good enough.

Discord: kadu522#0658
Twitch ID: kadulal
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Untitled » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:56 pm

kadu522 wrote:Hello! The download link is dead at the moment.

That's odd - it's working on my end. I'll see if I can figure something out.
Untitled

Discord: wrsw#0132
Twitch ID: UntitledsTakenNOOOO

Postby ZikShadow » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:27 am

Just checked on my end, it's working fine.
ZikShadow

Postby kadu522 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:35 pm

oh yea now it works on my end >_>

I must have tryed to downloaded on a weird day or something cus the download would prosses but one time it ended premature and the other 2 times it was claiming errors.
kadu522
A gameplay lover,heck i play a ASCII Based game is your gameplay is good enough.

Discord: kadu522#0658
Twitch ID: kadulal
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby slyrboi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:33 pm

been played it till the end. was a thrilling ride. and the story had a nice simplicity in it.
i was hoping a sequel on this, or at the very least the same idea with this TC. maybe the new Doom Slayer coming back to gensokyo or into another universe like Undertale.
slyrboi

Postby QTPieMUffet » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:03 pm

I know this is a dumb question but anybody know how to use the spellcards?
QTPieMUffet

Postby ZikShadow » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 am

Inventory keys. Check GZD binds.
ZikShadow

Postby Untitled » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:48 am

slyrboi wrote:been played it till the end. was a thrilling ride. and the story had a nice simplicity in it.
i was hoping a sequel on this, or at the very least the same idea with this TC. maybe the new Doom Slayer coming back to gensokyo or into another universe like Undertale.

I've been thinking about what, if any, would be my new kind of 'big' project ever since Touhou Doom ended, but it's very unlikely that I'll ever come up with anything like this again, due to a combination of two factors:

1. I'm not an artist.
That's seriously it, but the fact I have zero abilities in the visual aesthetic field is a huge hamper on a lot of potential projects because I'm immediately stuck with the "okay, what do I do for all of this" step. I'm someone who works best with a limited asset pool and seeing what the limit of that asset pool is, but it needs to exist for me to have much mileage. Touhou Doom was blessed by the fact that most of the artwork already existed; I didn't have to make any of the assets for it (as most of them taken from actual Touhou lol).

2. I'm not as much into Touhou anymore, and none of my other fandom dives are as appropriate for a Doom mod.
If you follow my youtube channel (unlikely but entirely possible), you're probably aware of the fact that I've given up the Touhou rabbit hole to be consumed entirely by the virtual youtuber rabbit hole instead, and as much as I love it there, the intersection of VTuber fans and DOOM fans is an intersection that likely consists of, uh, me. It's why my big personal project as of recently was for a different game - that'd be the Stepmania Virtual Youtuber Pad Pack (and I won't elaborate further in this forum because this isn't the place for it). I still enjoy Doom and play it from time to time but it's not as much of a creative outlet for me anymore.
Untitled

Discord: wrsw#0132
Twitch ID: UntitledsTakenNOOOO

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects