Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.24)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
barosans

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.11)

Post by barosans »

hello, i have a probleme, in the MAP27B: Western Apocalypse in the East , the demons I'm supposed to fight don't come, they're blocked somewhere.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

barosans wrote:hello, i have a probleme, in the MAP27B: Western Apocalypse in the East , the demons I'm supposed to fight don't come, they're blocked somewhere.
What difficulty are you on? Just for quick testing purposes.
Grumpy Tengu

Post by Grumpy Tengu »

Just beat the mainstory and the extrastory and lunatic and now im spent.. Im not very good at the actual Touhougames but this i could get behind probably cause its a mod for my most favourite game. I had a blast from start to finish and i sincerely thank you for making this. I really wouldnt mind giving you a donation as my personal thanks if youd accept that. I hope you accept it and that maybe one day you feel like doing a sequel cause this was the most fun ive had in a long time. Oh also if you dont mind me asking cause this wasnt in your post mortem, whos your favourite character?
soapegg

Post by soapegg »

bro the download link is broke
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

soapegg wrote:bro the download link is broke
That's weird, it's still working on my end. What does it look like when the download fails?
soapegg

Post by soapegg »

Untitled wrote:
soapegg wrote:bro the download link is broke
That's weird, it's still working on my end. What does it look like when the download fails?
me and my buddy tried out the download link but it just leads to a 404 not found error
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=113Wp8 ... QAZG0lLRvr

Try this link? It links back to the same one as the OP, but it definitely checks out on my end.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

It's broken here as well on my end.
Attachments
BROKE.jpg
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.12)

Post by Untitled »

Thanks! I hate this bug. It's definitely not 404-ing on my end, but I suspect that's because I own the file. The download linked worked earlier, so what the hell, google drive?

EDIT: Okay, screw it, I'm releasing 1.12 - resetting the URL seems to have done the trick.

CHANGELOG:
-Updated a pair of textures in MAP01 so they visually match the reference in MAP26.
-Made some bullets more visible in MAP19 and MAP28's stages, since the perspective is screwy there.
-Fixed a bug where certain bullets in MAP19's stage did massively less damage than they were supposed to.
-Frig there was something else and I already forgot what it was
slyrboi

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.12)

Post by slyrboi »

brooo i guess there should be a sequel where touhou characters now visits doomguy world (and i mean his own world, the pure brutal and badass world) and then show them how to fight dem demons
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.15)

Post by Untitled »

okay, so now that I'm no longer in post-release high and I can look at my own work more objectively, Episode I of Touhou Doom (specifically MAP02 to MAP09) looks like total garbage, and if it's possible I'd like it to look like slightly less total garbage.

So I made another version: 1.15, a.k.a. the "let's make Episode 1 less sucky" release.

CHANGELOG, this isn't just a bugfix release:
-MAP02 to MAP04 have updated visuals. The gameplay is still almost exactly the same, but it looks somewhat nicer.
-Cirno's theme should loop somewhat properly now.
-MAP04 has one of the opening soulspheres replaced with a berserk, so there's less reason to waste time back tracking now.
-MAP04's stage theme should loop somewhat properly now.
-You can actually see the Scarlet Devil Mansion in MAP04!
-MAP05-MAP08 also have some minor updated visuals. These aren't as nice as the MAP02-MAP04, but hey, some decoration is always nice.
-The book shooters in MAP05 actually expire after shooting for long enough! I can't believe I didn't catch that in testing.
-The books also have their mass increased so they shouldn't go flying the instant you shoot them.
-Remilia's theme should loop properly once again.
-As should the Extra Stage theme, which was improperly cut.
-Five Elements "Philosopher's Stone" had some bullets (the yellow and red bullets, to be precise) that were missing BRIGHT frames. This has been fixed.
-All of the health and some of the cell ammo in Flandre's fight has been taken out of the room, only being teleported in once the fight begins; this way there's no way to accidentally make the fight impossible by using too much of it.
-By popular request, Flandre has been made slightly (and I mean very slightly) easier.
-MAP18 has a missing texture fixed that literally nobody complained about but bothered me.
-The changes made to MAP06-MAP08 also apply to MAP27A.

Link is in the OP, as per usual.
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.19)

Post by Untitled »

I mean, of course there's a followup release to anything major I try.

CHANGELOG:
-With touhou_doomweapons, MAP15 actually gives you a rocket launcher, which would explain why it also gives you 80 rockets. Still unfair as all hell, as there's no spellcards, which you are absolutely expected to use; but it's slightly more feasible.
-MAP33's second fight is less brutal on Hard and Lunatic. How did I possibly think fisting three danmaku hell knights was fair?
-QuakeDoomnukem Cz made two of the music files smaller, AND made them loop properly.
-ZikShadow contributes a sweet new skybox, used exclusively in MAP07. It's pretty rad.
-Slightly readjusted the odds of the MAP25 monster spawner to be more in-line with Doom 2's IoS. Slightly.
-Behind the scenes stuff that doesn't really matter that much; in particular, Danmaku Boss monsters (Cyberdemons and such), if they get into infights, will automatically go to their Hard mode patterns (instead of normal). Some monsters might even use their lunatic patterns.

EDIT: 1.17 is out. Not gonna both triple-posting; it's mostly a maintenance update.
-Some of Komachi's projectiles in Higan Retour should no longer 'blink'.
-The Danmaku Spider Mastermind's normal bullets are larger and more visible.
-Secret easter egg: If you somehow dunk Komachi into the Sanzu River in MAP11, this now actually kills her.
-MAP29's spellcards in the 'greed' circle are replaced with Megasphere for both mod compatibility and to ensure that they're items you can always pick up.
-Mephistopheles second last spellcard should no longer drop two megaspheres on death. It's only supposed to be the one, sorry.
-QuakeDoomnukum Cz, I love your work (and the majority of your work has been kept), but certain songs needed to be extended - contextually, both "Bhava-agra as seen through a Child's Mind" and "X, the Floating Objects in the Sky" (Tenshi's and Mephistopheles' last spell themes, respectively) can't be conventionally looped, and it's more important in both of their cases that the theme be extended to the full length of their respective spellcards instead; it's more musically in-line to how it should sound in Touhou.

EDIT #2: 1.18 is out. VERY minor update, fixes some things I found while I was playing:
-Komachi's small popcorn bullets in Higan Retour (her last card) are now larger and thus more visible.
-MAP16, MAP17, and MAP21 failed to autosave after their opening cutscenes. This made dying on them particularly annoying.

EDIT #2: 1.19:
-MAP08, as it turns out, breaks if you are A: in Easy Mode, and B: playing with cutscenes. Now is probably a good time to mention that I never test with cutscenes, which explains why there are so many cutscene related bugs. As this is an immediate softlock, this is major enough to warrant a patch on its own.
-MAP30 had an erroneous dialogue prompt if you were insane enough to get all the way to Ex-Reimu's final spellcard without using any spellcards yourself.

Link is in the OP, as per usual.
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.2)

Post by Untitled »

Touhou Doom 1.2 is out.

Changelog, as this isn't a bugfix release:
-The biggest change is that touhou_nospellcards has been de-coupled from touhou_doomweapons! You can now use spellcards with a custom weaponset, if you so choose.
-All five secret challenges now have names, each a reference to their source material.
-It has four new spellcards from four different bosses thrown into the mix. It continues to be a mystery.
-MAP30 has had its resources (namely bombs) massively re-balanced for any difficulty aside from Lunatic; no more infinite bombs unless you're on easy mode.
-Marisa's Extra Story spellcard "Chaingun Spark" Now fires faster, because ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha have fun with that.

As per usual, the link is in the OP.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Would it be possible to provide links for older builds of Touhou Doom as well? I have everything up to 1.16 and now 1.2, but I missed out on 1.17/1.18/1.19 because you edited your post as opposed to bumping the thread so when doing my daily forum checks I never saw anything new being released. If possible I like to have every major release build of the mods and wads that I enjoy.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

There's not much reason to want them given that 1.16-1.19 were pure bugfix releases, but luckily for you I still have those versions on my end of the google drive:
1.17: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RuzyO ... ngC4ztLXJu
1.18: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1STSH6 ... e0G_cBN6V_
1.19: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zmw_9 ... Ig2VKnLQed

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”