Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.24)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Edward-san

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.08)

Post by Edward-san »

Bug reports:
1) these warnings appear in the console:
Spoiler:
2) in map09, after killing the first large horde of monsters, the successive staircase (but before encountering the cyberdemons) contain two linedefs which seem to miss the script, as shown by the message: "P_StartScript: Unknown script 0".
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.09)

Post by Untitled »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:You seem to have accidentally deleted DIPP_ESM from the files, when importing the smaller music files I've sent you. Same thing with BURNHEAT. Also, Map21 music description still says it's Gradius 3, but it's 5, along with it being possible to play again, after the cyberdemon is killed. Suggestion? Cyberdemon steps over it and triggers the music instead. It's a good thing I've backed all of the music up before doing what I did. https://www.dropbox.com/s/al71t04cc9b7q ... v.zip?dl=0
sdlk;gjsdfljkgjldfkgjldfkjgdflkjgdfg, dang it

EDIT: Fixed now.
Edward-san wrote:Bug reports:
1) these warnings appear in the console:
Spoiler:
2) in map09, after killing the first large horde of monsters, the successive staircase (but before encountering the cyberdemons) contain two linedefs which seem to miss the script, as shown by the message: "P_StartScript: Unknown script 0".
Fixed both.

EDIT: Touhou Doom V1.09 is out, link in the OP
Last edited by Untitled on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.09)

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Yet another bug report: When fighting Mephistopheles as a extra true final boss, in 9th Circle Of Hell, when you survive, Remilia doesn't get killed and completely breaks the fight, as the final phase "Inferno" doesn't happen, even if you kill her afterwards, since she has a countdown.
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.1)

Post by Untitled »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Yet another bug report: When fighting Mephistopheles as a extra true final boss, in 9th Circle Of Hell, when you survive, Remilia doesn't get killed and completely breaks the fight, as the final phase "Inferno" doesn't happen, even if you kill her afterwards, since she has a countdown.
Fixed.

Okay, so 1.1 is out.

Full changelog, because this *isn't* a pure fix release:
Spoiler:
slyrboi

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.1)

Post by slyrboi »

i luv all the additions but there's a downside.

your changes on the line bullet shot (which had a dot in it) to a blue arrow shot quite makes an utter lag, preferably because of how rapid the fairies is firing (most lag is on e1m3, meiling's level)

i had a decent pc with 1gb vram and 4 gb ram but it still makes my pc laggy. could you change it again or at least revert it?
anyhow the full release rocks
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.11)

Post by Untitled »

slyrboi wrote:i luv all the additions but there's a downside.

your changes on the line bullet shot (which had a dot in it) to a blue arrow shot quite makes an utter lag, preferably because of how rapid the fairies is firing (most lag is on e1m3, meiling's level)

i had a decent pc with 1gb vram and 4 gb ram but it still makes my pc laggy. could you change it again or at least revert it?
anyhow the full release rocks
If that's lagging you, I'm not sure there's too much I can do to help - mostly because later stages (particularly a few in Episode IV) are much much worse, performance wise. I'll admit it's an ongoing issue.

ANYWAYS, 1.11 is out.

For those who are interested:
Spoiler:
Commissar Farzi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Commissar Farzi »

Hey, is their some kind of bug on Level 5 in episode 1-I noticed that when I cleared the first section of the Library and obtained the red skull key-nothing happened-the whole thing seemed to lock down, was their supposed to be some kind of boss fight or something?

I'm also running it with Brutal Doom v2, could that have something to do with it?

And just gonna throw this out there: the beefier weapons and added mobility, i.e. rolling, slide, do not help.

*Edit: I skipped the level, and everything seemed to work fine after that.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

As far as I remember, in the older version there were different (incomplete) final levels.

Also, was it somehow related to Boss Rush (and by the way, where is he now)?
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Commissar Farzi wrote:Hey, is their some kind of bug on Level 5 in episode 1-I noticed that when I cleared the first section of the Library and obtained the red skull key-nothing happened-the whole thing seemed to lock down, was their supposed to be some kind of boss fight or something?

I'm also running it with Brutal Doom v2, could that have something to do with it?

And just gonna throw this out there: the beefier weapons and added mobility, i.e. rolling, slide, do not help.

Uh, you definitely shouldn't be playing Touhou TC with Brutal Doom. It's only going to break the game more and more the further you play. There is no bug and any issue you are encountering is because of Brutal Doom.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

SLON wrote:As far as I remember, in the older version there were different (incomplete) final levels.

Also, was it somehow related to Boss Rush (and by the way, where is he now)?
Touhou Boss Rush is a remnant of DustedPandemonic's take on the concept, which was left...not complete, to say the least.

This is not related aside from inspiration.

Dusted's actually pretty cool now. He does some mods, such as Pandemonia (in gameplay mods somewhere).
skdursh wrote:
Commissar Farzi wrote:Hey, is their some kind of bug on Level 5 in episode 1-I noticed that when I cleared the first section of the Library and obtained the red skull key-nothing happened-the whole thing seemed to lock down, was their supposed to be some kind of boss fight or something?

Uh, you definitely shouldn't be playing Touhou TC with Brutal Doom. It's only going to break the game more and more the further you play. There is no bug and any issue you are encountering is because of Brutal Doom.
What skdursh said. I've added compatibility for weapon mods (via touhou_doomweapons), but I have not added anything past that.
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

The google download link is dead
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

ArchXeno wrote:The google download link is dead
Fixed, thank you.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

So I still did not understand how it was and what is connected. For now I have three different versions: some old version, which is completely different; unfinished reworked version from 2017; this release.
How did Touhou Doom develop at all, by whom, and in what order? For all this is somehow overly confusing.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

https://pastebin.com/pHUe7jWy read part 1-0 through 1-6.

It's too long to summarize, but I'll quote 1-0:
So, the actual long story behind the entire mod is kind of funny.

I'm friends with another modder that I quite respect, who goes by 'TerminusEst13'.
He's a good modder. He also livestreams on occasion. One of these streams was
on a particular combination of mods - his DemonSteele (a great mod, you should
check it out if you haven't already) combined with a mapset called "Touhou Doom".

Now, this probably won't come as a shock: I'm a Touhou fan. So when I saw this,
I knew I had to watch. And, it might not be a masterpiece, but hey, maybe it'll be good.

It wasn't. It was...lacking in many, *many* aspects.

So lacking was it, that after I watched it end, I knew for a fact that,
despite not being the strongest modder in any respect, I could make something better.

Not being one to simply sit around and complain, I hammered out a proof of concept:
Cirno, the first Touhou Boss. She had phases, utilizing the system that is familiar
to fans of the Touhou games: The Spellcard System.

Once I had Cirno done (a few iterations of improving the fight later, of course),
I decided that I had enough knowledge that I wanted to try remaking Touhou Doom.
In its entirety. At least until eventually I got bored, or it got too hard to keep it up.

I wasn't expecting to get as far as I did.

Post by 0.1 »

You should make a sequel

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”