Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
∞Phantasm

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [31/10/2017]

Post by ∞Phantasm »

sherberttcat wrote:
∞Phantasm wrote:Any possibility of a Zandronum version for co-op support?
Hasn't online multiplayer ruined enough things already?
So someone having the option to play something co-op with their friend(s) ruins things for you? Multiplayer has been in DOOM since 1993.
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

Online Multiplayer is why I have to pay $60 for a game and get a glorified training mission for my troubles, while all the good stuff is locked behind multiplayer only.
That little "option" is why companies are forsaking those of who play games to get away from people. I don't want to wait in a lobby, form a squad, chat with people. I just want to play a game.
Online Multiplayer can go die in a fire.
Do I sound bitter? Maybe that's because that "fun little extra" has evolved into a monster, that has consumed and destroyed nearly every game franchise I enjoy. It's even creeping into RPG franchises.
Before long its gonna be nothing but MMO Everything.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Regardless of your argument, the author has stated their intention for this to be single-player-focused due to the level design. I don't expect that arguing about it is going to change his mind.
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

Just to clarify guys, I wasn't asking for Batandy to change anything about the single player experience (and wouldn't want him to). Basically was just curious if there were co-op spawns.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Well, in any case, as written in the Faq, you will be free to do whatever you want with this mod, so if someone wants to make a multiplayer version of it, why not?
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

Batandy wrote:Well, in any case, as written in the Faq, you will be free to do whatever you want with this mod, so if someone wants to make a multiplayer version of it, why not?
How long did this take you to make, by the way? Seems like you pumped it out fairly quickly with perfect execution. I'd love to get into making stuff like this. There are so many possibilities for retro conversions that you can tell would work great.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

∞Phantasm wrote:
Batandy wrote:Well, in any case, as written in the Faq, you will be free to do whatever you want with this mod, so if someone wants to make a multiplayer version of it, why not?
How long did this take you to make, by the way? Seems like you pumped it out fairly quickly with perfect execution. I'd love to get into making stuff like this. There are so many possibilities for retro conversions that you can tell would work great.
Almost exactly 2 months, the candle sprites were the first thing i've done and i made them in late August/early September, i wasn't even going to make a full mod, it was just a "coding speedrun", then i got carried away, doesn't help that i sorta had the whole thing in mind so i was pretty hyped to work on it. At the same time i really needed a break from Golden Souls 2, i've worked on that single mod for 2 years, and last summer i made 4 maps in one months, things were getting pretty stressful.
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

Wow, 2 months is good time for something so amazing. What sprite editor do you use to draw sprites? 2 years for Golden Souls 2 is nuts... I imagine getting burnt out myself, for sure.
Goonies85

Post by Goonies85 »

You sir a gift from above for all of us Doom and Vania fans!! I do have a question: Where did you get the castle map and accompanying music that you added in between the levels? They are awesome! I would love to have the music as a download if possible.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Goonies85 wrote:
You sir a gift from above for all of us Doom and Vania fans!! I do have a question: Where did you get the castle map and accompanying music that you added in between the levels? They are awesome! I would love to have the music as a download if possible.
Here.
Goonies85

Post by Goonies85 »

Thank you!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Have you considered adding grappling-like features for the whip?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

SamVision wrote:Have you considered adding grappling-like features for the whip?
Yeah i did, but decided not to implement something like that to avoid interrupting the flow of the game

New Simon's Destiny stream by Mike, this time he's playing the final build of the game!
(Obviously it's the whole thing so if you don't want spoilers and prefer to wait for the official release next week, don't watch it)

panzerhi

Post by panzerhi »

Can't wait to play this mod
Spoiler:
kiukle

Post by kiukle »

I've tried to limit what I see in videos but it looks amazing! Of course I leave for work for a week on Halloween so it'll have to wait until I get back... torture. One question is why didn't you use the classic CV1/CV3 money bag sound, it's so iconic!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”