Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
willkuer

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny

Post by willkuer »

This is... :cry: ... beautiful
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Brand new teaser trailer!
SiFi270

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [31/10/2017]

Post by SiFi270 »

If that's definitely the release date then sorry Dusk, but I know my priorities.
MoonlightDragon

Post by MoonlightDragon »

Batandy wrote:Brand new teaser trailer!
Hey mate.Im new to the forums,but I had to make a profile for the primary reason to cheer you on.I watched Mike Matei (A.K.A MotherF%@ker Mike) from Cinemassacre play through the first level of this and my jaw dropped because when I was a kid back in the old school days of Castlevania and DOS games like DOOM,Hexen,and Blood,I always wished that Konami would make a first person Castlevania game that worked like DOOM.So Im glad that wish sorta came true.I loved the sounds from Symphony Of The Night,the music,the whip&sub weapon mechanics,and the monster animations when I watched Mike play it and I cant wait for the entire deal to be released.I only watched the first level to avoid spoiling too much of the game expectations,but I gotta say awesome job.Keep it up!
Zeelah

Post by Zeelah »

Good thing my Halloween celebration is the weekend right before. I know what I'll be doing all night! Girlfriend not gonna be happy...
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Thank you very much! :)

In the regular difficulty modes, only the Castlevania 1 enemies appear, but if you choose the Blood Moon difficulty, you can experience the game again with a new set of enemies taken from games such as Rondo Of Blood and Symphony Of The Night!
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

Awesome!!!
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

The Tenth of Martobrilary! Sweet! ;)
MoonlightDragon

Post by MoonlightDragon »

Batandy wrote:Thank you very much! :)

In the regular difficulty modes, only the Castlevania 1 enemies appear, but if you choose the Blood Moon difficulty, you can experience the game again with a new set of enemies taken from games such as Rondo Of Blood and Symphony Of The Night!
*chokes trying not to cry nostalgia tears*
Im ok...i just...really needed that update today.AWESOME!!!
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

Batandy wrote:Thank you very much! :)

:shock: :shock:

-Putting this mod in Doom December this year- Well I know what I'll be starting for Doom December :D
snowstorm

Post by snowstorm »

Hey mate.Im new to the forums,but I had to make a profile for the primary reason to cheer you on.I watched Mike Matei (A.K.A MotherF%@ker Mike) from Cinemassacre play through the first level of this and my jaw dropped because when I was a kid back in the old school days of Castlevania and DOS games like DOOM,Hexen,and Blood,I always wished that Konami would make a first person Castlevania game that worked like DOOM.So Im glad that wish sorta came true.I loved the sounds from Symphony Of The Night,the music,the whip&sub weapon mechanics,and the monster animations when I watched Mike play it and I cant wait for the entire deal to be released.I only watched the first level to avoid spoiling too much of the game expectations,but I gotta say awesome job.Keep it up!
I thought about AVGN and the whole time I 1st saw this. Just watched(20% of..) Matei's video, he's taking a soft approach and ... the game is exactly what i would imagine it would be . really spot on combo between music + enviro + interface. Downside - I would NOT notice when I change the secondary. 100% Picking up knife or holy water is not noticeable enough. Please make more of an indication when the secondary is changed.

Also, Matei's video shows that the player/actor is not tall enough. It looks like he is shorter than a standing candle-stand. Anyone else notice this?
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

Any possibility of a Zandronum version for co-op support?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

∞Phantasm wrote:Any possibility of a Zandronum version for co-op support?
That's very unlikely, tons of stuff would have to be reworked starting from the maps, which aren't really "co-op friendly"
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

Batandy wrote:
That's very unlikely, tons of stuff would have to be reworked starting from the maps, which aren't really "co-op friendly"
Ah, that sucks but I hear ya. Thought maybe it would be fine as-is for a 2-Player run-through on higher difficulties.
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

Hasn't online multiplayer ruined enough things already?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”