Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
morb
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

Post by morb »

Just a head's up -- it seems the new music sound system (ZMusic) is screwing up the BGM on 4.4pre dev builds. It continuously loops to the beginning of the track.

I've confirmed that 4.3.3 release is still OK.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

morb wrote:Just a head's up -- it seems the new music sound system (ZMusic) is screwing up the BGM on 4.4pre dev builds. It continuously loops to the beginning of the track.

I've confirmed that 4.3.3 release is still OK.
Hello, please report that to the Gzdoom developers.
morb
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by morb »

Will do!
ThatDamnCatgirl

Post by ThatDamnCatgirl »

Could I request a standalone version of the Whip?
Msx_Stark5312

Post by Msx_Stark5312 »

Hi, How use Hearts, flasks, pouch ? I press [ & ] Enter and this Not Work !!! WHY ? Please help me !!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jmzf4D ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RiGH8w ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed links.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Msx_Stark5312 wrote:Hi, How use Hearts, flasks, pouch ? I press [ & ] Enter and this Not Work !!! WHY ? Please help me !!!
Alt-fire when you get a sub-weapon.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Msx_Stark5312 wrote:Hi, How use Hearts, flasks, pouch ? I press [ & ] Enter and this Not Work !!! WHY ? Please help me !!!
You don't use the hearts, they are your ammo for the subweapons. If you obtain a subweapon it will display in the lower left corner of the screen, all you have to do is press the alt fire to use it.
Press F1 for a list of required keys to configure.
Msx_Stark5312

Post by Msx_Stark5312 »

Ahh ... Ok. Ham restores health, if you break everything in its path, then the weapon falls from there to Alt. Fire, has already passed 4 levels. If you try hard you can finish it in a day
JohnVyttalRay

Post by JohnVyttalRay »

Is there a way to disable the "new" Holy Water? Iirc the 1.4 made some visual changes to the Holy Water, but now it makes my pc have some slowdowns, I've found a way to decrease the slowdowns, but it disables the whole game's lighting, which means all the rooms in the game become dark. Is there some other way to fix this?
irrelevant_pelican
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irrelevant_pelican »

Is it possible to play this co-op?
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

I played a bit of this mod on the Oculus Quest 2. Fantastic work, I really like this mod!
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Kontra Kommando wrote:I played a bit of this mod on the Oculus Quest 2. Fantastic work, I really like this mod!
I beat the first boss, and I am making my way through the second level. Truly, hats off to the creators. I love Castlevania, this feels like an official game.
Drthvdr01

Post by Drthvdr01 »

Hey, Batandy!

I really love your work, it's downright badarse!

I was wondering, do you plan to do the prequel, Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse like you did the first game?

I would love to see your version of it!
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Reposting this in the correct thread now:

So, I've noticed something about a certain boss... The Creature and Igor. The boss fight is WAY too overwhelming with no protection and pretty much demands you have the Holy Water to be able to stunlock The Creature.

My suggestion? Add a couple shelves to the room, a surgery table and/or a desk to allow us to hide from Igor's knife spam attack.

Another thing: Make sure the autosave kicks in before entering the boss room or that there's a health item during the boss, because entering a boss fight at half health is.... incredibly harsh.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Reposting this in the correct thread now:

So, I've noticed something about a certain boss... The Creature and Igor. The boss fight is WAY too overwhelming with no protection and pretty much demands you have the Holy Water to be able to stunlock The Creature.

My suggestion? Add a couple shelves to the room, a surgery table and/or a desk to allow us to hide from Igor's knife spam attack.

Another thing: Make sure the autosave kicks in before entering the boss room or that there's a health item during the boss, because entering a boss fight at half health is.... incredibly harsh.
Circle strafe to avoid Igor's attacks, focus on the Creature. If you're feeling brave, align yourself in front of the Creature so that Igor's knives will be blocked by him as you attack. Of course, as you said, Holy water is optimal there but it's possible with every subweapon.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”