QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DBThanatos

Re: [WIP] Quake Champions: Doom Edition

Post by DBThanatos »

Captain J wrote:Quakin' Awesooooome.(well some enemy plays body fall sound effect when gibbed, but whatev.)
Yeah, they do. What happens is that gibbing (except for zombies) is "partial" and leave still corpses on the floor, so the corpse still makes noise when it falls
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Now that circular powerup timers are in QC:DE, will there be similar timers for the D4T mod's powerups, to keep the visuals closer to D-2016/Switch?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

DBThanatos wrote:Yeah, they do. What happens is that gibbing (except for zombies) is "partial" and leave still corpses on the floor, so the corpse still makes noise when it falls
So is that intentional? Or About to fix that? I don't mind that really, but that would be wacky if i kill horde of them.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

How dare you all defile the quake I game and it's logo with a garbage failure quake champions?
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

SHayden wrote:How dare you all defile the quake I game and it's logo with a garbage failure quake champions?
perhaps this may come as a shocker to you

but the world is not composed entirely of clones of you with the exact same taste and opinions
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Somehow reminds me of someone who... Nevermind! Nevermind.

Anyway we have our own thoughts to go with and harmonize. You may don't like some stuff being agreed, compared or conjoined even. However they actually can be clever and positive if you think about it.

But you still can dislike, sure. But it would be at least reasonable if you can tell us your opinion why specially!
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Captain J wrote:But it would be at least reasonable if you can tell us your opinion why specially!
Quake I is the best quake ever made, its story, its music, its atmosphere in the game, its scenery, imagery and themes of each episodes was a combination unprecedented and never ever achieved in any quake afterwards. I also like quake II because it's all nu-metal and shit and i'm a metalhead so...but all later quakes are...sorry but not even in a category of "match" to first one. Quake is ruined imho. Look the new doom reboot. It's literally original doom, but, in today's graphics. I hoped they would do the same with quake. And what do we get? Some kind of ordinary sci-fi shooter made for multiplayer only shit that doesn't resemble quake at all, except some fast paced running and shit, but that's all. If you don't know what I'm talking about than you never played quake I. And if you did, and still prefer quake champions, well, then...
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

SHayden wrote:
Captain J wrote:But it would be at least reasonable if you can tell us your opinion why specially!
Quake I is the best quake ever made, its story, its music, its atmosphere in the game, its scenery, imagery and themes of each episodes was a combination unprecedented and never ever achieved in any quake afterwards. I also like quake II because it's all nu-metal and shit and i'm a metalhead so...but all later quakes are...sorry but not even in a category of "match" to first one. Quake is ruined imho. Look the new doom reboot. It's literally original doom, but, in today's graphics. I hoped they would do the same with quake. And what do we get? Some kind of ordinary sci-fi shooter made for multiplayer only shit that doesn't resemble quake at all, except some fast paced running and shit, but that's all. If you don't know what I'm talking about than you never played quake I. And if you did, and still prefer quake champions, well, then...
Dude, take your finger off the trigger and go cool off.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Gideon020 wrote:Dude, take your finger off the trigger and go cool off.
No, actually i'm all chill no worries. I didn't mean to offend any of you, I just said my opinion regarding new quake. As much as I like quake I also like doom. And I played it all and when I first saw trailer I was mega hyped for it. Next was supposed to be quake right? It's only natural. I'm disappointed, that's all. Quake I was a combo of a shooter with psychological horror, or at least I felt it like that. Lovecraft's influence, dark themes and satanism, our primal fears and the music made by trent from NIN...Go listen to some quake I ost especially hall of souls. I'm a horror fan, I like horror and dark themes like satanism(not teen rebellion satanism, but I mean, like real satanism) and quake was just that. I know I'm considered a crazy now by all of you but at least I'd expect older people on forum that played quake when it first came out to understand(that's what I ask, to understand) why I like quake I and why I consider quake champions a disgrace.
Cheers.

P.S. by my profile picture you can also assume that I played original, psx port of doom and it was my first game I ever played. I like old school games more than today's.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yes, i did played Quake 1 and 2 and i still love those games and i wish they never changed the gameplay of future games. But things changes for many reasons. Like expecting something good, trying something new and challenging for good result etc...

I understand that Quake 3 and Champions are disappointing because they haven't followed something like doom-styled shmup. But on the bright side, ID's games are more various now thanks to their choice.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I, to this day (along with miachelis) hate the fact that qc wasn't an actual sp quake 1 themed game. They have done some nice levels in qc, that i can imagine could fit in a quake game give all its gothic theme and whatnot. Hell, they even made a AAA-scrag monster (lol) for the blood covenant map.

I reaaaally wanted a Q1 style game again, but sadly, that was wasn't the case.

Still, i dont hate by any means quake champions, as it's a fun (but very bugged) game. I came around the weapon sound design which i hated at first, but then started to appreciate.

So, i can understand the feeling of disappointment and some kind of anger for the lack of a quake 1 real sequel. Perhaps one day... :(
M4rt

Post by M4rt »

K guys, you're forgetting something here. Nobody cares about Quake, that's just reality. If we ever want to see quake picking up it's Sci-fi gory campaign again, we need more people in the community, and champions is actually doing that (with all of the new mechanics and the competitive stuff. Quake is just a very oldschool game, and BELIEVE ME when i tell you that Bethesda's DOOM was very fucking different, or maybe just modern. Quake will be altered because most people don't enjoy the fast paced combat of arena shooters, is sad but hey :D at least the father of competitive games is back on track.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

What a sucker I am...I'll still be trying out this mod and maybe even quake champions even though I hate it. Reminds me of one scene in the big bang theory that goes like, 25$ for this shit, what a rip off, I'll take it :lol:
But like the man said :twisted: we still have DOOM...so, the glass is half full.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Another update? Yes, indeed.

LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

stop torturing me with all this hype dbt pls

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”