[Release] Scattered Evil for Hexen 2.4 (Oct 9, 2023)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ichor

Re: Korax' Heritage: Scattered Evil 1.0 Released

Post by Ichor »

One thing I noticed (playing as a fighter) is that the screen tint for the rage is a little much. Getting poisoned or taking moderate damage completely blinds you while the rage is going. And speaking of poison, while I was in the swamp map of the chuxen area, I noticed that I was getting poisoned randomly. Is that because of the green slime flat or some kind of residue from the stalkers?

Also, maybe add some kind of sound for when you gain a level.
Firebrand
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Firebrand »

For people posting about crashes and such, I would please ask you to paste the error message you are getting and attaching your "debug.txt" file, it GREATLY helps to track down issues :).

We'll have a fixed version that solves most of these crashes ASAP. Keep giving feedback of these stuff, thank you!
rambo

Post by rambo »

Ichor wrote:And speaking of poison, while I was in the swamp map of the chuxen area, I noticed that I was getting poisoned randomly. Is that because of the green slime flat or some kind of residue from the stalkers?
Quoting from the "Elementals" page of the in-game Bestiary:

While usually a patch of floating mist is just that, sometimes it will poison unwary travelers or even turn them into frozen statues.
Ichor wrote:Also, maybe add some kind of sound for when you gain a level.
Many default sounds have been temporarily disabled shortly before the final release due to conflicts with voice acting and journal sounds, they should be in the next release once again.
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

rambo wrote:
Toyoch wrote:When I die and reload in Frozen Court(where you need to conquer to get the Ice Shard Spell), the game gives me following error:

HOST_ERROR: EV_MOVEPOLY: INVALID POLYOBJ NUM

So I'm essentially stuck :(
Does that only occur when you manually load a saved game or also when you die and press Space to respawn (which loads the autosave created when you entered the map)?
Tried both using quicksave and autosave, but it gave me same error.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

rambo wrote:While usually a patch of floating mist is just that, sometimes it will poison unwary travelers or even turn them into frozen statues.
Oh ok. I missed that. At least there's a reason for it. Though I haven't come across any of those ice clouds yet.

Also, snowstorm must have gone to the left first after Pham to be at level 58 by Chuxen. I went to the right and ended up there when I was around level 28.
Mitcho

Post by Mitcho »

For people posting about crashes and such, I would please ask you to paste the error message you are getting and attaching your "debug.txt" file, it GREATLY helps to track down issues :).

We'll have a fixed version that solves most of these crashes ASAP. Keep giving feedback of these stuff, thank you!
Here, my debug.txt
debug.txt
My debug.txt
(10.51 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
"map mapxx" restarts the game, losing all progress. For certain cases of being stuck, the standard console cheats ("god", "noclip", "fly") might help.
I've tried before but the map has only one way out.
I also tried commands to kill all the monsters on the map
rambo

Post by rambo »

I've found the cause of the crashes in The Frozen Court, should have a fix ready soon.
XxMiltenXx

Post by XxMiltenXx »

I have a bug that my "Faith" is not regenerating anymore. I am playing Cleric, easiest difficulty and I had all stats levelled out equally.
The bug happend somewhere within the 2nd part of the first dungeon (in Pham). Unfortunately I cannot pin that down any further.

Is there any way for me to fix that?
rambo

Post by rambo »

I assume it doesn't start regenerating after restarting the game and loading a savegame? If no, does it start regenerating the next time you level up?
XxMiltenXx

Post by XxMiltenXx »

No. If I level up it goes back to full, but still doesn't regenerate if it isn't maximum.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I think the issue with the polyobject errors in The Frozen Court is fixed with r2526, at least I have not been able to reproduce the error no matter how many times I died and reloaded, even tried reloading after moving to the next level or after quitting and restarting the game. Let me know if it solves the issue for you too.

To validate the fix, download http://www.koraxheritage.com/files/fix2526.zip and extract it into the root of your Scattered Evil 1.0 installation (it will overwrite ScatteredEvil.bat, so if you made any changes to it, you'll need to add them again).

Note: this will only work for savegames where you haven't entered The Frozen Court yet.
Last edited by rambo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
XxMiltenXx

Post by XxMiltenXx »

The issue isn't fixed for me. Or does it only get fixed once I enter the Frozen Court - I do not know where that is yet?
I did try changing locations, using spells, but it stil doesn't regenerate.

If it helps, here's the corresponding savegame.
Savegame without Regenerating Faith [Dropbox]
rambo

Post by rambo »

Edited previous post to clarify that it's a fix for The Frozen Court issue reported earlier, not any other issue mentioned in the thread.

In doubt, you can always check http://www.koraxheritage.com/bug-tracker/ whether the bug you discovered has already been reported and any updates on fixing it.
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

rambo wrote:I think the issue with the polyobject errors in The Frozen Court is fixed with r2526, at least I have not been able to reproduce the error no matter how many times I died and reloaded, even tried reloading after moving to the next level or after quitting and restarting the game. Let me know if it solves the issue for you too.

To validate the fix, download http://www.koraxheritage.com/files/fix2526.zip and extract it into the root of your Scattered Evil 1.0 installation (it will overwrite ScatteredEvil.bat, so if you made any changes to it, you'll need to add them again).

Note: this will only work for savegames where you haven't entered The Frozen Court yet.
That worked!

So far I am level 25 Mage, with 100+ INT. The second weapon became too powerful and with the Create Mana spell it's kind of unstoppable.

Now I am stuck in one of the Legion quest:
Spoiler:
rambo

Post by rambo »

Aren't you very squishy though? What do you do when you have enemies that blur evade or turn invulnerable for a time, or hide underwater?

As for Iarmusc Dungeons, in the room with the throne face the throne and look at the wall segment to the right behind the throne.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”