[Release] Scattered Evil for Hexen 2.4 (Oct 9, 2023)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Emmanuelexe

Re: [Release] Scattered Evil for Hexen (new version July 14)

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Yeah, the books with the quests is really cool, feel like a real rpg stuff! :)
For the mana cost, i noticed, when i leveled up too much the "charisma" (less cost for mana), i don't use mana at all for the serpent staff. Maybe there should be a rebalance of the level up too, like a limit for every capacity (strenght, constitution, intelligence ect....) to avoid the OP stuff.
When i will finish with the Cleric, i will wait the next versions for the mage and fighter and maybe re play it in hardest mode (or 4/5), im playing actually with difficulty 3/5 with the Cleric (hard with him at the beginning).
Good luck with the next versions, very nice mod! :wink:

EDIT: I finished it with the Cleric, it was really cool ^^ In a way, having infinite ammo for the serpent staff was helpful for the last part xD (but yeah, it should be fixed), i'm not sure if there is a bug but sometimes, i got my hp were down to 100 hp (i had around 1400 basically), not sure if i lose hp and didn't see it but it goes down suddendly to 100 i don't know why.... apparently, if we have a lot of armor, we are close to be invincible but not really if the armor if destroyed so it's all good.
The final boss was really long and dangerous, being so strong was not a bad thing in fact but i didn't use the last bonus points of the level up, i thought i could be definitly too strong (like invincible with the constitution but i don't know if it could).
Finished in 3 hours and + i think (map scroll say 3:00:00 something) but i didnt't find all the spells and stuff but cool to have the choice for the optionnal quests!

I think i found all the missions maps with the enemies, really a good mod, good job! I will play with the Mage and Fighter when there will be some fix! :)
Last edited by Emmanuelexe on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

I just came here to show the respect and say thx to the authors for such a brilliand game! I liked those few "open-world" RPG games for gzdoom, and here's another one, well-made and well-documented.
John Stalvern

Post by John Stalvern »

I've been following this project for some time, and it is developing very nicely. I would like to suggest that you restore the torch to its original Hexen duration- it goes out almost instantaneously in Scattered Evil, though there are some areas where a little extra light is really useful. I don't see the point of having such useless torches if they are still going to be included in the game. As it is, they are more like matches.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

I'm kind of stuck at The Chasm. There's an invisible barrier blocking the road to the south. I noticed the addition of that rock pillar on the south side of the chasm but can't interact with it in any way. In past versions I was able to just walk down the road once I'd gotten clear of the collapsing bridge. The invisible barrier appears to be shaped like a curve, but I can't see it on the automap.

I also got stuck in The Excavation. After killing all the enemies and the Heresiarch, I couldn't figure out where to go. I could see Yorick's Skull in a raised alcove, but couldn't find any way to reach it other than an awkward crouch-jump, which left me thinking it wasn't the way I was supposed to get it.
rambo

Post by rambo »

The Canyon will be replaced with an all-new map (same for The Rift). In the meantime, those maps are disabled. Here is how to reach the locations you might be looking for:
  • Dark Conclave/The Reckoning: the structure you observed will open up to reveal a portal to the Dark Conclave once you get the quest from Daedalon
  • Gonos Fortress/Gonos Warehouse: the quest has been replaced with one right in Thystes for the time being
  • Hedyntin Cave/Hedyntin Citadel: instead of going west from the canyon you now go south from Reron to access it.
As for the "awkward crouch-jump", why would it be possible if not intended? :)

p.s. Thanks for all the feedback as always, we read it and consider suggestions even if we don't come back with an answer.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I liked the tchat with the people and atmosphere of Scattered Evil, it will be cool to have nice update (and new maps? :D
The concept of the mod is really like a rpg mod/story, i hope more stuff for this one!
There is a lot of cities, will some cities get some missions or special stuff to do in? I hope it won't be too long for the balance (like a limit for the stats).....
Good luck for the next stuff on it! "Fifty Push-up!" :)
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Finished a run as the fighter. The new maps are a vast improvement, and I appreciate the attention to detail. The Quietus still has the same behavior, but I wasn't tempted to exploit it.

Also, whenever I hear "O Fortuna" playing in the final map, I can't help but think of this.

rambo

Re: [Release] Scattered Evil for Hexen

Post by rambo »

A few screenshots from the next release, prettying up existing areas:
se15shot04.jpg
se15shot02a.jpg
se15shot03.jpg
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Whenever I have time to play this epic TC from start to finish there's an update coming, and I start waiting for it again :D
rambo

Post by rambo »

Well here a couple more screenshots to tide you over.
se15shot14.jpg
se15shot05.jpg
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Nice design, thanks for the hard work! :)
rambo

Re: [Release] Scattered Evil for Hexen (new version Dec 8)

Post by rambo »

Scattered Evil 1.5 is now available on SourceForge and ModDB.
se15shot23.jpg
se15shot08.jpg
se15shot18.jpg
RPG Complexity and D&D Alignments
  • New settings for RPG Complexity, Ethical Alignment and Moral Alignment. Be evil or good, lawful or chaotic, and people will react differently to you.
  • Three different levels of RPG complexity that influence everything from the amount of information in the journal, the available sources of experience, item prices in shops and possible shortcuts in dungeons up to the possibility of being barred from talking to certain NPCs and missing out on some quests (check the spoiler for more details)
Spoiler:
Visual improvements
  • Over a hundred new plant models: trees, bushes, ferns, maize, grapevines etc.
  • All green areas completely revamped with new extra large floor textures and new plant models; starting map rebuilt from scratch
  • Over a hundred new models including everything from beer steins and shiny new gold bars through beds and water wells to wagon wheels and sailboats

Interface improvements
  • Revamped the character creation system, now it's a lot like rolling a classic D&D character.
  • Battle Rage/Faith/Magic now displayed on the status bar in the same way as mana
  • Status bar cleanup: health and armor counters now always vertically aligned, no matter how large a number
  • There is now no status bar when the automap is displayed
  • New full HD title, credit and help screens; there is now detailed help in-game spawning 5 screens
  • Separate main menu option for credits; the title screen is now static, and the title music only plays once, then waits 30 seconds before playing again
rambo

Post by rambo »

To get a quick look at Scattered Evil without downloading it first:

Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

What about the balance, was there some change like for the infinite mana of the Mage? edit: found it

Good job anyway! Really happy for this one, Scattered Evil has nice stuff, feel like a real medieval rpg mod!
Thanks!
Last edited by Emmanuelexe on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Will it be ported to gzdoom one day?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”