Horryefieing - The Game (WIP)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Horryefieing - The Game (WIP)

Post by wildweasel »

Horryefieing wrote:Since my original account has been completely locked and my requests to have it restored ignore, I have had to create this account in order to update everyone on the status of this project.
I received both of your account reactivation requests, and they were both approved. If you didn't get the emails from them, something else must have been wrong. We are not ignoring any activation requests.
Horryefieing

Post by Horryefieing »

Ah. Well apologies but I still get the "you have specified an inactive username" message when I try to log in. Did it need anything on my end the email because I've lost access to that email. 🤷‍♂️
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Yes - it did need you to click a confirmation link in the email. But hey, according to you, "online requirements can go to hell" so it's all a load of bullshit anyway ain't it? If it's pointless to you it's pointless to us too.

All you need to know is there's viable reasons for doing things the way we do, they're non-negotiable, and we don't owe you an explanation beyond this - we don't want any old keyboard warrior with a brute forcer gaining access to other people's accounts - including your's.
Kzer-Za
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kzer-Za »

Looks like an interesting project. Having watched the PROLOGUE LEVEL VIDEO, I have a nitpick though: at first I thought that the player is crouching the whole time. But since there doesn't seem to be a reason for that, it probably is an issue with the camera height. If the player is not supposed to be a kid or something, the camera height should probably be about 2 times higher than it currently is.
Horryefieing

Post by Horryefieing »

Kzer-Za wrote:Looks like an interesting project. Having watched the PROLOGUE LEVEL VIDEO, I have a nitpick though: at first I thought that the player is crouching the whole time. But since there doesn't seem to be a reason for that, it probably is an issue with the camera height. If the player is not supposed to be a kid or something, the camera height should probably be about 2 times higher than it currently is.
Nice one, thank you for the tip. Yep, the height is still at default DOOM height. It's still being worked on, mostly smaller things but the job is getting there. In your opinion do you see the same height problem in the latest trailer or do you feel that one is a lot better?
Kzer-Za
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kzer-Za »

Hi, I generally avoid watching trailers, so I haven't seen it before, but having watched the latest trailer after your reply I can say that the camera position in that trailer seems to be fine :)
Horryefieing

Post by Horryefieing »

Ah excellent thank you very much. Always good to have an outside opinion. Thank you for the advice and opinion. 🙏 it all helps to make the final project the best it can be.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sorry about your old account but hey, this looks promising! I especially like the custom monsters' sprites! Those are new 'n fresh. I'll be looking forward to it!
Horryefieing

Post by Horryefieing »

Captain J wrote:Sorry about your old account but hey, this looks promising! I especially like the custom monsters' sprites! Those are new 'n fresh. I'll be looking forward to it!
Thank you very much! Yes, all monsters are completely new, all based on our original concept art dating back as far as 1998. We are very lucky to have a very talented sprite artist on the team.
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

A monster and music pack based on this would be great.
Nice! By the look of trailer, it reminds me of Splatterhouse 3d long ago. Will definitely try this when it come out.
AshHouswares
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AshHouswares »

Unregret wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:41 am A monster and music pack based on this would be great.
Nice! By the look of trailer, it reminds me of Splatterhouse 3d long ago. Will definitely try this when it come out.
Hi there! I'm the lead coder on this project. This game is only a small sample of what to expect for future games in the universe! But eventually, resources are likely to become available to the public. It might be a while yet though. This game is set to have several monster types but the next game (which is far bigger) is planned to have 13 monster types and a selection of new weapons! If you're interested in the music, it was all composed by out LEAD designer, Alaric Jaxxin (@AlaricJaxxin on Twitter). He is also responsible for the majority of the mythology and concept.

The game is inspired by several things, from Nightmare Creatures, Doom, Evil Dead, Alone In The Dark, The Suffering and many more. Primarily it is based around a game bible that was first written in 1998 and expanded upon through the years to become what it is today. If you like first-person survival horror like HELLNIGHT mixed with the action of DOOM or NIGHTMARE CREATURES and an emphasis on psychological terror like ALONE IN THE DARK, you'll love this. It has a rich mythology to follow set in a gothic vision of England and set in real-life locations in England famous for being cursed or haunted!

The Circle Mansion is filled to the brim with secrets and option exploration. We hope you'll enjoy what we have to offer!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”