Horryefieing - The Game (WIP)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Horrifying - Resurrection Of The Dormant (WIP)

Postby Hidden Hands » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:04 pm

HMNuke93 wrote:
Hidden Hands wrote: Chitauri's have been removed.
Not so long ago i tried to reproduce the sprite of this monster just for fun,liked the simple but effective design:

Wow you made this? It looks better than my original one. The Chitauri was removed because I have plans to introduce them in the third instalment. Theres going to be a twist that allows them to make a strong impact. The chitauris have been temporarily repurposed though, coloured black and purple as place holders for the transient demons.

Hidden Hands
Cherub

Discord: VGCtm
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit

Postby Hidden Hands » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:45 am

It's been quite a while since I shared anything on this so heres a little something to show the game is very much alive.

This video is a Shadow Realm resource test, showing how the levels set in the demons world will kind if look. The OST will be changed and so will Weapons but this is just a demo of 'their world'.

Enjoy.

Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby Hidden Hands » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Wow it's been a while but this project is NOT dead! It's more alive than ever. And today I have something special to share. The entire prologue map play through. This is the very first part of the game. It is a 95 percent complete level and here is a video of it from start to finish!

And:
ramon.dexter wrote:Hi, were you able to use the ACS?

ramon.dexter you'll be happy to see I am regularly implementing ACS now! Finally. To achieve what I need from my game I have had too.

Watch alone, in the dark, with headphones ... for the "best" experience. ;) Enjoy! Well.. I say enjoy...!

Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby Leglock » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Nadia from Nighmare Creatures!

Wait a second... Aidan? Nadia... Oh... I see what you did there :P

Looks interesting!
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Hidden Hands » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pm

Leglock wrote:Nadia from Nighmare Creatures!

Wait a second... Aidan? Nadia... Oh... I see what you did there :P

Looks interesting!

Heheh thanks! And yes! Nadia is an official guest character, courtesy of Pascal Barret, her creator.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby Hidden Hands » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Hi there folks. Due to the incredibly lengthy time this game project is taking (considering it started in 1998 and is a series of multiple games) we are releasing "The Circle Mansion Demo" this year to fill in the gap until the official first full game is released. Despite us calling it a demo, The Circle Mansion is actually a standalone mini game in itself. You play as Gilchrist McCrane as he stumbles upon The Circle Mansion, headquarters of the demonologists that star in the main games, whilst looking for your missing son, Donnie McCrane, in the middle of a thunderstorm. Unfortunately, this is the night that something big has happened in the mansion... and The Circle seem to be nowhere to be seen.

Unlike the heroes of the main games, Gilcrhrist has no experience with the supernatural. He is not equipped for battle and the games focus is survival horror. You are armed with only a flashlight and are limited to ONLY any bullets or weapons you find in the mansion. Which is not a lot.

This game takes place in 2001, between the events of Horryefieing 2 and Horryefieing 3. It also ties in to a spin of title to be released much later. This game project is huge, so to be sure everyone gets something to play THIS YEAR (considering its 22 year span so far) the Circle Mansion is getting a digital AND physical special release. The physical comes with a guide book and a soundtrack! You can keep up with Horryefieing on Twitter at @Horryefieing

Can you find your son and escape the mansion alive? It's not as easy at it seems.

TEASER CLIP 1:
Last edited by Hidden Hands on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Re: Horryefieing - The Game (WIP)

Postby Agentbromsnor » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:36 am

The first video looks like an interesting start for sure! If I may forward some mild critique:

- The level design could do with some more light variation. I understand that darkness is a key part of any horror game, but I feel that it works best when contrasted with some cool light effects.
- I think I spotted an unpegged door frame when you opened that locked door.
- I like the sound design so far, but perhaps it would be cool to include some ambient sounds from different parts of the level to make it feel more dynamic?

Good luck with the project!
Agentbromsnor

Postby Hidden Hands » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Feedback is always appreciated! Thank you. Will look into the things you pointed out and see if we can rectify them. Was it for the video of the Nightmare Hotel or the Mansion which was posted last? If the first one, it's being heavily reworked so it will be much better in the finished product! :)
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby Artman2004 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:05 pm

What's with the new spelling of Horrifying?
Artman2004

Postby Agentbromsnor » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Hidden Hands wrote:Feedback is always appreciated! Thank you. Will look into the things you pointed out and see if we can rectify them. Was it for the video of the Nightmare Hotel or the Mansion which was posted last? If the first one, it's being heavily reworked so it will be much better in the finished product! :)

It was meant as a critique of the first video, sorry for the confusion! I always assume that the OP contains the latest information and such. My bad.
Agentbromsnor

Postby Hidden Hands » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Agentbromsnor wrote:
Hidden Hands wrote:Feedback is always appreciated! Thank you. Will look into the things you pointed out and see if we can rectify them. Was it for the video of the Nightmare Hotel or the Mansion which was posted last? If the first one, it's being heavily reworked so it will be much better in the finished product! :)

It was meant as a critique of the first video, sorry for the confusion! I always assume that the OP contains the latest information and such. My bad.

No problem! It's still very much appreciated. I should probably have added the new stuff to the first post in all honesty!

Artman2004 wrote:What's with the new spelling of Horrifying?

This is actually the original spelling from the original game bible we wrote in 1998! It was originally changed to Horrifying in the last couple of years because people thought it was a mispelling. But in truth, it was a play on words since the game is set in the town of Rye. We changed it back for a few reasons. For one thing, Horrifying is very generic and brings up little search results when people look up the game. But more so because the original game documents are being taken a lot more seriously now, and we are adding in a ton of the original concepts that were scrapped. To make this game exactly what it was always meant to be, or as close to it as possible.

The official page for the game is here: https://kandlemagick.createaforum.com/i ... a=page;p=1

If you want to keep up with it on its own website.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby r&r » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:37 pm

Looking good
r&r

Postby Hidden Hands » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:00 pm

Catch the first official trailer! Also added to the main post.

Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby Hidden Hands » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:54 pm

UPDATE: SUNDAY, 31ST OCTOBER 2021 (HALLOWEEN)
OFFICIAL TRAILER 2 FOR HALLOWEEN IS UP!

Trailer also added to main post on page 1.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects