Horryefieing - The Game (WIP)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Horrifying - Resurrection Of The Dormant (WIP)

Post by ramon.dexter »

Hi, were you able to use the ACS?
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

ramon.dexter wrote:Hi, were you able to use the ACS?
As my Evil Dead mini project has shown, I pretty much fail at ACS . I will master it eventually but I haven't got time unfortunately. I can't seem to get any ACS to work.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Paste here your files and we can take a look at it.

Also, as I advised you somewhere else, just download any modern mod (like Ashes, for example), open it in slade and look how it is build. That's the way I learned what I know.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

I'm looking for sprite artists to help me make the monsters on this project. If you are interested in helping this move along then you can find my concept art in the thread asking for sprite artists. If you head there now, you can help me. Either by PM or in that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=63334 <<< this is the sprite artist request thread (with concept art as a base).

Here is a video of the project in early stages. This is the first level, as a basic walkabout.

And here is a test video for one of the main enemy types in my game, or a variant of it. The Shadow Demons.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Loved this style. it makes remmeber Barista, maybe because of the door's sound, but also because of the feeling.

As a fan of horror, retro and first person games, I'm for sure waiting for this mod! :)
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Ravick wrote:Loved this style. it makes remmeber Barista, maybe because of the door's sound, but also because of the feeling.

As a fan of horror, retro and first person games, I'm for sure waiting for this mod! :)
Thanks for the great feedback! I'll be sharing a video of the first level soon. Glad you like the project, it's been in the works since 1997. (In concept at least). Hoping to make something special. Currently working on the OST, all original dark ambient music.
scissorman1985

Post by scissorman1985 »

Reminds me of Realms of the Haunting. Pretty sweet!
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

scissorman1985 wrote:Reminds me of Realms of the Haunting. Pretty sweet!
Your username is awesome. Clock Tower is such a great series. Now you mention it, yes, I see what you mean. It wasn't intentional but I definitely agree it has a similar vibe.

This is the music I'm making. This is for LEVEL 04, which is the main town in the game. (You get to revisit it later, in a more apocalyptic state.)

Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Here's a little demo of LEVEL 02. Its not a completed level yet. Expect to see some geometry change, monster placements and other various things. Detail is also still in the process of being added.

Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Just wanted to share that development of this project has continued. Two complete, fully working levels and now working on level 03 - The High School. A new monster has been added, based on the DOOMIMP and concept art of my main antagonists, the Damnables.

UPDATE
LEVELS:
Map - Level 01 (House): COMPLETE.
Map - Level 02 (Sewers): COMPLETE.
Map - Level 03 (High School): IN PROGRESS.

MONSTERS:
Zombie (Type 1) COMPLETE
Zombie (Type 2) COMPLETE
Zombie (Type 3) In Progress
Devil COMPLETE
Shedim COMPLETE
Vomit Devil COMPLETE
Shadow Demon COMPLETE
Crotch Creature (STILL IN DEVELOPMENT HELL)
Chitauri's have been removed.
Ukobach has been removed.
WORK IN PROGRESS.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

I missed this back then, even if the video is some months old by this point I quite like what I see. Keep it up :D
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Dynamo wrote:I missed this back then, even if the video is some months old by this point I quite like what I see. Keep it up :D
Thanks a lot! I'll have a new video soon though showing off some new progress.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

I'd play this. Your computer certainly has some lag though. I'm sure someone with a better rig would be happy to upload a more visually fluid gameplay video for you that would help sell people on the content.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

skdursh wrote:I'd play this. Your computer certainly has some lag though. I'm sure someone with a better rig would be happy to upload a more visually fluid gameplay video for you that would help sell people on the content.
The computer I make this on is slow. I have a much much faster one that runs the game perfectly, fluid and smooth BUT is not suitable for building the game on. Why? Because everytime I try to install the .NET framework, the computer has to go to the repair shop right after because it kills the screen.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

Hidden Hands wrote: Chitauri's have been removed.
Not so long ago i tried to reproduce the sprite of this monster just for fun,liked the simple but effective design:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”