Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - NOW ON IDGAMES v1.2 - NEW UPDATE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Beta v.3 Released!

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Korell wrote:I think there might be a minor issue with map 09. The bronze and silver keys both get you into the same area of the map but through different doors, but they both seem to have a one way opening door right behind them. There is only one switch at the end of that area to re-open the door(s?). Now considering that that switch is opposite a fireball trap, I was expecting that trap to go off, but it didn't. Is it meant to? Then because I couldn't use the switch again I found myself unable to get out of the area, so I just ran around a while, then suddenly as I came back to the locked doors, one of them was open and I was able to get back out and then finish the level. So something just seemed a bit off there, like some triggers that didn't quite work right or something. In any case, it wasn't game-breaking.
Hello, I went ahead and tested map 09 and I was not able to recreate this issue. The fireball trap activated as intended and the Door to exit the area opened (which opened for you as well)
Korell

Post by Korell »

jazzmaster9 wrote:Hello, I went ahead and tested map 09 and I was not able to recreate this issue. The fireball trap activated as intended and the Door to exit the area opened (which opened for you as well)
Well, being as I still have my autosave from the start of that level, I replayed it. Didn't get stuck in there this time (being as this time I knew where to go and when) but still the fireball trap didn't set off when I hit the switch. I'm using GZDoom 3.1.0a. I've uploaded my save and ini file in case these will be of assistance.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahHY0xZjBndw8uKtj
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

I found out what has been going on with that fire shooter.
Gonna upload the update tomorrow :)
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Update to v.3 uploaded
- Fixed the Fireball spawner in Map 09 (Thank you Korell for finding that)
Judge

Post by Judge »

This was excellent. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

SoD: Spear Ressurection and SoD: End of Destiny were my two favourite Wolfenstein mods (alongside Double Trouble and Trench Warfare).

By the way, I noticed that there is a silver door that can be opened with the bronze key in the Map 08: Pathway.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Judge wrote:This was excellent. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
SoD: Spear Ressurection and SoD: End of Destiny were my two favourite Wolfenstein mods (alongside Double Trouble and Trench Warfare).
By the way, I noticed that there is a silver door that can be opened with the bronze key in the Map 08: Pathway.
Im glad you liked it :)

I have now fixed the Silver door glitch in Map 08 and the beta has been updated
Also changed some thing placement and texturing on Map 08
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Final Beta Released

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Hello. Yes this project is not dead.
The final Release is coming this weekend :)
You still have time to give your feedback and bug reports. Thank You so much to those who have participated in the beta.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Released!

Post by jazzmaster9 »

The official release (v1.1) of Wolfenstein - Shadows of Destiny is now available :)
IDgames link to coming soon.

Changes:
- All walls are now in Truecolor PNG
- Some changes in texturing
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - 1.1 Released!

Post by jazzmaster9 »

v. 1.1 update Uploaded!
- Rebalancing with ammo and health.
- Fixed some texture alignment
∞Phantasm

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - v1.1 Released!

Post by ∞Phantasm »

Pretty amazing TC, jazz. Playing through the first level though it feels like you get caught on up on things too easily, like bushes and trees stopping you. Or is it just me?
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

This is cool. But I wish it had different light levels (fake shadows ect.) just like other Wolfendoom wads. Good job.
zerthex
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by zerthex »

Is this like your old gamemaker wolf3d games?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

zerthex wrote:Is this like your old gamemaker wolf3d games?
It is inspired by them, yes :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

One thing that really annoys me with this mod is the amount of decorations that are in the way, the worst offender being the hanging corpse. They often prevent you from dodging attacks, especially the sentry gun's rockets. And speaking of rockets, I tend to avoid using the rocket launcher because of how cramped the levels are. Another, smaller gripe I have with the mod is that the undead super soldiers looks more like afro-wearing black men who literally turn into shit when killed. It took me a while to realise what they were supposed to be.

Finally, the last levels just seem impossible to complete on 'I am Death incarnate'.
Spoiler:
EDIT: Spotted a few typos in the Epilogue screen: "hot persuit", "allied soldiers quickly come and dispatched" and "third Reich".
Judge

Post by Judge »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Another, smaller gripe I have with the mod is that the undead super soldiers looks more like afro-wearing black men who literally turn into shit when killed. It took me a while to realise what they were supposed to be.
They're not undead, they are literally made from "waste." Areyep was who made the sprites for Spear Resurrection and Spear of Destiny: End of Destiny back in 2001-2004.
Last edited by Judge on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”