Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - NOW ON IDGAMES v1.2 - NEW UPDATE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Beta v.1

Post by Kinsie »

Very promising so far. A nice bit of nostalgia back to Areyep's work.

Two thoughts:
- For some reason the bolt-action rifle isn't being selected when I use my mousewheel to scroll through weapons.
- The bolt-action rifle really needs its own sound instead of recycling the pistol's.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Beta v.1

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Kinsie wrote:Very promising so far. A nice bit of nostalgia back to Areyep's work.

Two thoughts:
- For some reason the bolt-action rifle isn't being selected when I use my mousewheel to scroll through weapons.
- The bolt-action rifle really needs its own sound instead of recycling the pistol's.
Thanks for the feedback.
Ill see whats up with the weapon scrolling for the bolt action.
The sound is actually a combination of the machinegun and pistol sound, i wanted it to be consistent with the rest of the sounds in the mod.
Ill see what else i can come up with that would better suit the rifle.

EDIT: Just tested the mousewheel issue with the rifle, it seems to be working fine for me. though ill keep testing to see if something might trigger it to do that.
EDIT:
Minor update uploaded:
- Added the BRIGHT flag on the bosses and also the rocket sentry.
- Fixed some typos
- Also I forgot to put Nash in the text file for the movement code, so now he is in the credits :)
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Beta v.2 Released!

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Beta Version 2 is out.
- Changed the enemy behavior so that they will continuously shoot you when they are in point blank range
- Just Changes in decoration placement
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

after playing all the way through this just got to say great job i love that you recreated the fire traps from end of destiny although i still hate em lol only gripe i have is the mac wolf weapon sprites they always look way to small to me.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

armymen12002003 wrote:after playing all the way through this just got to say great job i love that you recreated the fire traps from end of destiny although i still hate em lol only gripe i have is the mac wolf weapon sprites they always look way to small to me.
Thank you I'm glad that you enjoyed it :)
The firetraps was my favorite trap of End of Destiny and I wanted to implement them in this mod as well.

I'll look in to scaling the weapons, but IMO they looked okay.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

A small nitpicking: exit "elevator" in MAP02 Cellar has wrong texture on the south wall.
Screenshot_Doom_20170812_161004.jpg
EDIT: Maybe it's intentional but I didn't get the point of secret in MAP06 sector 55. In adjacent sector 54 there is nothing but hanged remains.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

_mental_ wrote:A small nitpicking: exit "elevator" in MAP02 Cellar has wrong texture on the south wall.
Screenshot_Doom_20170812_161004.jpg
EDIT: Maybe it's intentional but I didn't get the point of secret in MAP06 sector 55. In adjacent sector 54 there is nothing but hanged remains.
Thank you for catching these.
They will be fixed in the next update
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

jazzmaster9 wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:after playing all the way through this just got to say great job i love that you recreated the fire traps from end of destiny although i still hate em lol only gripe i have is the mac wolf weapon sprites they always look way to small to me.
Thank you I'm glad that you enjoyed it :)
The firetraps was my favorite trap of End of Destiny and I wanted to implement them in this mod as well.

I'll look in to scaling the weapons, but IMO they looked okay.
no problem its just my personal preference never liked how small the mac wolf weapons were. I'd love to see this stretched out 13 levels feels a bit too short though.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Shadows of Destiny TC - Beta v.3 Released!

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Beta v.3 Released!
- Fixed some texturing in Map 02
- Fixed the empty secret on Map 06
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I'm not crazy about the objects all having 64x64 hitboxes. Makes moving around obstacles janky. Apart from that, this is pretty coolbeans, and I'm trying to play through it now.

I was hoping the guns would be more percussive too, but I can appreciate making things aunthentic to the source.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Keep those feedback coming guys.
The final beta version is coming soon.

Thank you to the people who have provided feedback so far.
MaddoX

Post by MaddoX »

For some reason the sounds start to stutter after 1-2 minutes. Ive both: 1- ran the file through ZDL, 2- pasted the file in gzdoom's folder and ran it through "right mouse click -> open with". the gzdoom version i used is "gzdoom-x64-g3.2pre-429-gc3562fe". Anything i did wrong on my part?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

MaddoX wrote:For some reason the sounds start to stutter after 1-2 minutes. Ive both: 1- ran the file through ZDL, 2- pasted the file in gzdoom's folder and ran it through "right mouse click -> open with". the gzdoom version i used is "gzdoom-x64-g3.2pre-429-gc3562fe". Anything i did wrong on my part?
I don't know whats causing this, since I don't really see anything wrong on your part.
I did test this with gzdoom-2.5pre-211-g2f06c09
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Beta v.3 is now the final beta version of the mod.
expect the full release soon :)
Korell

Post by Korell »

I think there might be a minor issue with map 09. The bronze and silver keys both get you into the same area of the map but through different doors, but they both seem to have a one way opening door right behind them. There is only one switch at the end of that area to re-open the door(s?). Now considering that that switch is opposite a fireball trap, I was expecting that trap to go off, but it didn't. Is it meant to? Then because I couldn't use the switch again I found myself unable to get out of the area, so I just ran around a while, then suddenly as I came back to the locked doors, one of them was open and I was able to get back out and then finish the level. So something just seemed a bit off there, like some triggers that didn't quite work right or something. In any case, it wasn't game-breaking.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”