Ghoul School 3D for Heretic

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
twinkieman93

Re: Ghoul School 3D for Heretic

Post by twinkieman93 »

Ahhh... I kinda thought that had something to do with it, but I was thinking on a strictly grid based system, like... I expected the next platform to be the same distance away as the last trip was. Now I feel dumb. But, the guy at the end still does nothing but crack dumb jokes and doesn't give me the blue skull. If he requires an item of some sort like the other two did, he should probably ask for it, even if you don't have it...

Also, I found that entrance, but couldn't find a way across the waterfall. Given the invisible platform thing though, I probably just missed something blatantly obvious and should shut my dumb mouth. x.x

EDIT: Oh yeah, something that definitely is a bug, albeit minor: when you go to fix the furnace by exorcising it of the big flaming flying thing inside it, you can skip the whole rigamarole of hitting the switches and shooting the open vent to lower the barrier in front of the switch to release said big flaming flying thing. You can hit the switch through that barrier and skip the puzzle entirely.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

twinkieman93 wrote:Ahhh... I kinda thought that had something to do with it, but I was thinking on a strictly grid based system, like... I expected the next platform to be the same distance away as the last trip was. Now I feel dumb. But, the guy at the end still does nothing but crack dumb jokes and doesn't give me the blue skull. If he requires an item of some sort like the other two did, he should probably ask for it, even if you don't have it...
That's fair, I guess. He wants the lighter for your flamethrower weapon. They all ask to "borrow" different weapons in your inventory. There's at least two places where you find the lighter, but I can't remember where the non-secret one is. Might be in one of the houses in Inner Ghoul Town.
twinkieman93 wrote:Also, I found that entrance, but couldn't find a way across the waterfall. Given the invisible platform thing though, I probably just missed something blatantly obvious and should shut my dumb mouth. x.x
You mean you reached the lab via the waterfall entrance, but the underground lake is too low to cross?
Spoiler:
twinkieman93 wrote:EDIT: Oh yeah, something that definitely is a bug, albeit minor: when you go to fix the furnace by exorcising it of the big flaming flying thing inside it, you can skip the whole rigamarole of hitting the switches and shooting the open vent to lower the barrier in front of the switch to release said big flaming flying thing. You can hit the switch through that barrier and skip the puzzle entirely.
Dammit, I was afraid of that. Maybe I didn't set it to check switch height....Thanks for the tip.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Yeah, I never found the flamethrower anywhere so that'd do it, I guess. Well that ties things up nicely. While I'm posting, there's another less gamebreaking bug regarding switches where you can hit the switch that raises the stairs to the water level controlling switch multiple times even after it lowers into the floor and raise the stairs a little bit. If you were to do this enough times you'd make the stairs unable to be climbed, but this is one of those times where I suppose it's a "it hurts when I do this" "then don't do it then" kinda thing.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

twinkieman93 wrote:Yeah, I never found the flamethrower anywhere so that'd do it, I guess. Well that ties things up nicely. While I'm posting, there's another less gamebreaking bug regarding switches where you can hit the switch that raises the stairs to the water level controlling switch multiple times even after it lowers into the floor and raise the stairs a little bit. If you were to do this enough times you'd make the stairs unable to be climbed, but this is one of those times where I suppose it's a "it hurts when I do this" "then don't do it then" kinda thing.
I'll check on that too when I get a chance to mess with this mod again. I'd like it to only do it the one time.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I'ma chargin up mah trailorrrrr!

Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Small bug report: The obituary for Bonehead says "o%" instead of "%o", so the victim's name isn't displayed. Also, wimpydeath is still using Corvus' voice. Is that intentional?

Also, I went ahead and put the VGM's of your music tracks together for you. Replacing the ogg versions you're using, the project filesize would shrink by nearly half, and the songs would loop better, to boot.
Attachments
ghoulschoolmus.pk3
(77.52 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Is there a reason the music tracks are so quiet? You can barely hear them over the sound effects unless music volume is nearly maxed out.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

You can scale the volume of the tracks with $musicvolume in SNDINFO if you want to make them louder.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Ed the Bat wrote:You can scale the volume of the tracks with $musicvolume in SNDINFO if you want to make them louder.
Ahh, thanks for the tip.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I forgot to update the bat for widescreen when I did so for Splatterhouse 3D. The bat looks loads better now.

EDIT: Also monsters don't aggro on higher difficulty, since the wiki is apparently wrong or outdated regarding how to change monster aggressvieness. They just do more damage.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”