[WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Postby m1lk » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:26 am

awesome, thanks for the update. ill play through this again on my free time. and honestly, i think you should just go ahead and incorporate that immersive camera mod into this.
m1lk

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Postby AschTheConjurer » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:30 pm

I've just come back to this mod after having played the original Demo, where I defeated War's Anatomy before probably getting distracted by something else. The changes I'm seeing from last time are all pretty good, and I dig the aesthetic and atmosphere in general. The only game that's ever freaked me out is Darkwood, to the point of making me anxious of continuing to play when I first went through the game after full release, but Divine Frequency's getting to about that same tier.

Now a criticism, spoilered for the sake of any casual observers reading this thread:

Spoiler:

Altogether I think Divine Frequency is pretty fantastic and I'll be very keen to see what comes beyond The Crossroads level once I finally find time to complete it in a way I find satisfactory (and once more maps come out, if that's where the Demo ends). It's very satisfying to play a game that has a good feeling of pacing, where lots of quiet dread moments and small encounters culminate in big bombastic high-tension fights. The visuals and sound and mechanics are almost all great, I think it really just needs the getting-locked-out-of-areas problem to be handled differently.

EDIT: Turns out one of the areas I was talking about in the spoiler does in fact allow you to return after being locked out, thanks to dream-logic not-physically-connected doorways.
AschTheConjurer
Can't find people who like to talk in-depth about videogames

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects