Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack)

Postby MSPaintR0cks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:27 am

So far I still did not work an a version with different sound effects... it`s on my to-do list though. :D

@Justince
A webcomic would be a great idea, actually :D I will think about that, there could be some room for interesting sub-plots.

@Tormentor667
Hehe :D I already collected quite some ideas for part 3 which I plan to use as soon as I start working on another sequel. However... for now, I am working on a totally new project in a different engine. Been working on it on and off since July. The style will be similiar to the Wool Ball games, since I am doing all the graphics and music again (among everything else) :D I will also announce it somewhere on this board as soon as it`s finished (maybe in the Off-Topic section).

@SamVision
Still not sure about this. I would like to Keep the grid-based, blocky feel somehow, but add more modern things like GzDoom`s lightning and slopes, with some height variation here and there. Making it NOT look like minecraft terrain would be a problem then, however. But all those plans could still change as soon as I start working on it.
MSPaintR0cks

Postby Captain J » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:53 am

MSPaintR0cks wrote:So far I still did not work an a version with different sound effects... it`s on my to-do list though. :D
Oh, i see! I guess you can slowly complete the sound replacements. Again, i can help with that. However it would be wonderful without my help nonetheless.

So yeah, good luck! And i'd like to see either your webcomic thing or game on any kind of platform, if possible!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby SamVision » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:23 pm

MSPaintR0cks wrote:@SamVision
Still not sure about this. I would like to Keep the grid-based, blocky feel somehow, but add more modern things like GzDoom`s lightning and slopes, with some height variation here and there. Making it NOT look like minecraft terrain would be a problem then, however. But all those plans could still change as soon as I start working on it.

You could take some inspiration from Cyclones. It's blocky but has height variation, and the height variation is just as blocky. You could even have a twist on the gameplay by putting both Scott and Rebecca together in a two-seat mech as they stomp around and wreck stuff.
SamVision

Postby Apaul27 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 am

I beat both Shadow Of The Wool Ball and Rise Of The Wool Ball. Both of your games are AWESOME, i LOVE you so much!!! :D
Apaul27
Half Man, Half Machine, All Furry!

Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca
Discord: #6041

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects