Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MSPaintR0cks

Re: Rise Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 + Soundtrack)

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

So far I still did not work an a version with different sound effects... it`s on my to-do list though. :D

@Justince
A webcomic would be a great idea, actually :D I will think about that, there could be some room for interesting sub-plots.

@Tormentor667
Hehe :D I already collected quite some ideas for part 3 which I plan to use as soon as I start working on another sequel. However... for now, I am working on a totally new project in a different engine. Been working on it on and off since July. The style will be similiar to the Wool Ball games, since I am doing all the graphics and music again (among everything else) :D I will also announce it somewhere on this board as soon as it`s finished (maybe in the Off-Topic section).

@SamVision
Still not sure about this. I would like to Keep the grid-based, blocky feel somehow, but add more modern things like GzDoom`s lightning and slopes, with some height variation here and there. Making it NOT look like minecraft terrain would be a problem then, however. But all those plans could still change as soon as I start working on it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:So far I still did not work an a version with different sound effects... it`s on my to-do list though. :D
Oh, i see! I guess you can slowly complete the sound replacements. Again, i can help with that. However it would be wonderful without my help nonetheless.

So yeah, good luck! And i'd like to see either your webcomic thing or game on any kind of platform, if possible!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:@SamVision
Still not sure about this. I would like to Keep the grid-based, blocky feel somehow, but add more modern things like GzDoom`s lightning and slopes, with some height variation here and there. Making it NOT look like minecraft terrain would be a problem then, however. But all those plans could still change as soon as I start working on it.
You could take some inspiration from Cyclones. It's blocky but has height variation, and the height variation is just as blocky. You could even have a twist on the gameplay by putting both Scott and Rebecca together in a two-seat mech as they stomp around and wreck stuff.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

I beat both Shadow Of The Wool Ball and Rise Of The Wool Ball. Both of your games are AWESOME, i LOVE you so much!!! :D
Tuckymonster

Post by Tuckymonster »

i got this forever ago and love it. question. how does the ship in e2m6 work? like when i get in the water. it go away. hows is that done?
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

Hello, MSPaintR0cks! You did a great job in creating the Wool Ball series. I liked both of these projects, but I wanted to know something. Should we wait for the third part of the saga? And are you planning an MP3 album with a soundtrack of these two parts? It would be better to listen to the tracks separately in the player, and not just on the Youtube channel.
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Finally I found it again, I told my friends about the this and they thought I was making it, at some point it too though it was a dream or something. well good it wasn't because this is amazing.
Just confused about a little thing I got the v1.3 but when I launch it it says v1.2 don't know what thats about,
other than that great work on both of the mods.
Last edited by Vphurple Izumi on Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

As the first part had Wolf3D-gameplay while part 2 was more ROTT-ish, a third part would basically be ye olde Doom TC. That would make it less special, though. Unless it went down a completely different road, e.g. Duke3D or something.
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux

Post by KynikossDragonn »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:Still not sure about this. I would like to Keep the grid-based, blocky feel somehow, but add more modern things like GzDoom`s lightning and slopes, with some height variation here and there. Making it NOT look like minecraft terrain would be a problem then, however. But all those plans could still change as soon as I start working on it.
Have you seen Shadowcaster and In Pursuit of GREED? The Raven engine had sloped floors and ceilings, but still kept the 90-degree orthogonal walls. There was also half-steps too, I think.

Maybe that can serve as a design inspiration for a third Woolball.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”